Twitter: Todd Archer: Cowboys need to change their thinking about contract extensions

75boyz

Reaction score
Lots of Jerry bashing in this thread and rightly so. Let’s look back at the team though since Dak came on board.

Jerry and Co built a pretty damn nice roster during Dak’s tenure. He had a top 5 offensive line for a lot of his early tenure.

The defense has been pretty solid and opportunistic the last few years. So I wil ask this:

If we had a QB that provided top 5 level QB play (which was commensurate with top 5 QB money paid) should we have won a SB? I would argue PROBABLY SO.

It’s not ALL on Jerry and Co.
Great post.

bewp7

Reaction score
need to change their thinking on a lot more then that

jerry and stephen bozo clown show

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lots of Jerry bashing in this thread and rightly so. Let’s look back at the team though since Dak came on board.

Jerry and Co built a pretty damn nice roster during Dak’s tenure. He had a top 5 offensive line for a lot of his early tenure.

The defense has been pretty solid and opportunistic the last few years. So I wil ask this:

If we had a QB that provided top 5 level QB play (which was commensurate with top 5 QB money paid) should we have won a SB? I would argue PROBABLY SO.

:hammer:

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Simple truth in the modern NFL cap era: Waiting is losing. Be decisive or be prepared to fail.
Dallas really does not know what to do. Jerry Jones is pretty smart, he is a billionaire!
He pretty much knows after the Green Bay game that Dak is not the answer.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Yes, Jerry can be predictable with his contract management and it's a problem, however, that is a secondary concern to the players on 'elite' contracts, not performing to elite standards in the most important games.

There's a paradoxical failure in the pro-Dak argument (blaming contracts) when Dak (and presumably the team/roster) appear 'Stat world beaters' in the Regular Season ( well padded by performances against the poor Giants and Comms), but want to overlook the fact he cant repeat it in January.

There is an argument about going ALL-IN with tradeline deals, but tank @%$£ we didnt trade our 1st for Henry (which I admit I was advocating), you only go ALL-IN on a certainty, otherwise its a painful bluff.