Todd Archer - Dan Quinn will be the first domino to fall

nobody

Reaction score
Quinn was excellent but his scheme got figured out. He refused to adjust and that was my problem with him. Go get Wink.
It wasn't even that (though his scheme was figured out mostly). He switched from what was working all season, a scheme that Love just happened to be weaker against and instead inexplicably went to a scheme Love plays better against. If I was more paranoid, I would think it was intentional sabotage as he prepared to go out the door to HC. It's like he knew the Cowboys wouldn't make it to the SB, and needed to prep for his new team, so figured why not exit as early as possible.

I don't really believe that, but holy cow, what rational explanation could there be?

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
"BIG MAC" Mike McCarthy, Dan "Queen", Nick "The Shrimp" Sirianni Have Left There Players Down.

There's No Way To Sugarcoat It

nobody

Reaction score
There are still solutions as well as with the current QB...develop his awareness by teaching him focus building and reinforcement and then hold him accountable. Is this offense built around him as it was with Troy Aikman? Or more just go out and win one for the Gipper and show heart?
You'd think after 8 seasons, he'd have awareness and focus. He's certainly paid like he has them. There is no fixing Dak. He is what he is.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
That seems like a negative title when in reality Archer says he’s getting a HC offer. Which also shows how respected he is in the league, that he has multiple interviews lined up, even though his HC track record in Atlanta was mediocre.

It’s comical to me the Dak fanboys are jumping on Dan Quinn now. They ignore the last two play-off games against SF and the domination of TB last year in the first round, because they need to grasp at anything for their agenda of scapegoating anybody but the Jason Garrett experiment at QB whose claim to fame is timely ruining year in and year out the SB windows that is really a result of an all-pro OL or TO machine defense…

How many deep passes did Dak throw against the heavy Tampa 2 zone defense of GB, including to Cook, who was added just for that?
I don't think it's just Dak fanboys that are jumping on Dan Quinn-- a good majority of this board is doing so.

Personally, I recognized he called a very bad game but I also remember the before times and I don't think our defensive roster is particularly strong.

Merlin

Reaction score
And I'm telling you that that is not a decision many franchises would make now if he had a way to trade the guy yes but flat out cutting him no that is insane it is one of the most insane things to say we need to cut Prescott because it's the right thing to do, it's not the right thing to do... it's a good thing you aren't a GM and most GM's would not do that Dak had one of his best seasons and this playoff game we lost the TEAM **** the bed around him and if you can't see that... defense cut them ALL that the issue Moreso then the qb.. right ,

lance is the answer to what ?? nothing at this point but huge step BACK? LANCE isnt even a proven backup at this point, not even proven he can stay healthy, not site and cost more than rush right now.. if Dak was tradeable no FT or trade clause maybe you make that decision ie wentz but with no true plan you DO NOT DO THAT.. 1yr more under existing deal, yes work your transition plan while hes here and then move on..

lance is unproven not elite, might never be even good let alone elite, so exactly what are we doing? cutting a player to eat 30mil to save soem money but get worse? great plan..lol

cut rush elevate Lance let him have 90% of the offseason and ps snaps and see how he transiotn to 2 , keep dak for 24 than move on..
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. It's time to make some hard decisions or get comfortable being an average team that usually loses the first game of the playoffs.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The good franchises make these hard decisions. The Cowboys refuse to do so which is why we lose year after year. Dak is not an elite QB. I rather see what Trey Lance has at this point and use the cap savings to shore up positions of weakness like LB.
What cap savings? I think thats what your missing, cutting Dak COSTS us alot of cap it doesnt save any..again not saying dont but you wont be making cap space by cutting him...your paying for Dak next year no matter what you do with him..since you didnt restructure it your now telling Lance to go win with a team thats probably less talented because there is no savings there...now after next year things would change..Settle the HC first so he has a say in the QB turn, then go from there.

Praxit

Reaction score
..yep, enough with Style Point Defense. DQ is pretty boy for stats.

Get someone is who hard Vanilla and focused for 15 round football.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. It's time to make some hard decisions or get comfortable being an average team that usually loses the first game of the playoffs.
wrong i disgree first of all it's not the same thing over and over this is since 2016 what is serious nice going to the playoffs 5 out of the last seven seasons versus being a sub 500 team for the next 10.... That's reality not comfort you need to have a plan before you get rid of your best options to make the playoffs.... Think about from 2020 to now we got better every season, we either got one game further in the playoffs and/or a higher seed.. that's not the same.. i get it its not where we want to go but need better plan before maki g that change, sorry..

yes, it's frustrating not going further bu....ck can this team make before they can get back to even this level that's the problem with your fans you don't know how far back we're going to go before we can step forward with ZERO guarantee it will ever get better,, one of these days you're gonna be complaining about the three eight and nine seasons in a row and no playoffs or worse sub 500 for the next five years trying to find a quarterback and trying to build a team back to the level we're at let alone beyond...

being top 6 is a lot better than bottom 16 but hey maybe you just like to talk about something different make it more comfortable for you maybe we can have bigger drafts make bigger changed in FA might spice it up for fans..sure lets do it for fans..lmao

so, MR. Internet fake GM head in the cloud fanboy,

why don't you show me all these teams' franchise and GM's that have been willing to flat out cut a quarterback who just had one of his best seasons MVP considerations and ate about 30 +mil Just to simply make a change??

There have been a few trades there have been movements where a payer forced a trade, there have been retirements but a move similar to this, show me... And like I said I'm open to moving on from Prescott next year but not this year without a plan....

Merlin

Reaction score
wrong i disgree first of all it's not the same thing over and over this is since 2016 what is serious nice going to the playoffs 5 out of the last seven seasons versus being a sub 500 team for the next 10.... That's reality not comfort you need to have a plan before you get rid of your best options to make the playoffs.... Think about from 2020 to now we got better every season, we either got one game further in the playoffs and/or a higher seed.. that's not the same.. i get it its not where we want to go but need better plan before maki g that change, sorry..

yes, it's frustrating not going further bu....ck can this team make before they can get back to even this level that's the problem with your fans you don't know how far back we're going to go before we can step forward with ZERO guarantee it will ever get better,, one of these days you're gonna be complaining about the three eight and nine seasons in a row and no playoffs or worse sub 500 for the next five years trying to find a quarterback and trying to build a team back to the level we're at let alone beyond...

being top 6 is a lot better than bottom 16 but hey maybe you just like to talk about something different make it more comfortable for you maybe we can have bigger drafts make bigger changed in FA might spice it up for fans..sure lets do it for fans..lmao

so, MR. Internet fake GM head in the cloud fanboy,

why don't you show me all these teams' franchise and GM's that have been willing to flat out cut a quarterback who just had one of his best seasons MVP considerations and ate about 30 +mil Just to simply make a change??

There have been a few trades there have been movements where a payer forced a trade, there have been retirements but a move similar to this, show me... And like I said I'm open to moving on from Prescott next year but not this year without a plan....
Do your own research. Lol. But let's see Houston Texans got rid of Watson in a trade and it worked out. The 49ers drafted Purdy after trading up for Trey Lance,

blueblood70

Reaction score
Do your own research. Lol. But let's see Houston Texans got rid of Watson in a trade and it worked out. The 49ers drafted Purdy after trading up for Trey Lance,
you just went and went against everything I just said Prescott has a no trade clause.... Party was an accident don't tell me that he was some plan to get him the last in the draft they got lucky absolutely lucky... I said show me a scenario where a quarterback has a MVP consideration type season one of his better seasons and was straight up cut and ate $30 million to move on for no other reason but to make her fan happy you wanna make your team worse than that situation..

I'm not doing my own research you come back with a trade scenario there is no trade scenario unless Prescott removes his no trade clause he hasn't no franchise tag clause he's in full control... Yeah then Watson turns around with the Cleveland Browns and gets the biggest contract ever... It's all guaranteed I mean how is that any different than say why don't we just keep Prescott so we don't have to do that at least one more year a gap year we need a bridge to the next coaching staff in the next quarterback and cutting Prescott straight up and eating that kind of cap I have not ever seen that done show me...

I'm not talking about Russell Wilson he was traded he was willing to be traded deshaun Watson was traded the other guys like manning and breeze retired or we're free agents show me a scenario where a quarterback has one of his best seasons and the team fell apart around him the defense absolutely sucked there was not a good run game the offensive line was shaky nobody was getting open and then the franchise decided to cut the quarterback.... You have not shown me one I mean you're gonna have to dig back a long ways to find a quarterback that had had one of his best seasons that was being considered for MVP there were a lot of reasons around them that fell apart and then the team was willing to eat $30 million to let him go without a plan that's why fans can't be GM's..

I didn't say not to trade him but that's all up to Prescott if he wants to be traded but we cannot afford to outright cut the guy and expect to build a good team we could end up being sub 500 for a very long time and don't be bringing up no Brock Purdy that was an accident you can't plan that...

Merlin

Reaction score
you just went and went against everything I just said Prescott has a no trade clause.... Party was an accident don't tell me that he was some plan to get him the last in the draft they got lucky absolutely lucky... I said show me a scenario where a quarterback has a MVP consideration type season one of his better seasons and was straight up cut and ate $30 million to move on for no other reason but to make her fan happy you wanna make your team worse than that situation..

I'm not doing my own research you come back with a trade scenario there is no trade scenario unless Prescott removes his no trade clause he hasn't no franchise tag clause he's in full control... Yeah then Watson turns around with the Cleveland Browns and gets the biggest contract ever... It's all guaranteed I mean how is that any different than say why don't we just keep Prescott so we don't have to do that at least one more year a gap year we need a bridge to the next coaching staff in the next quarterback and cutting Prescott straight up and eating that kind of cap I have not ever seen that done show me...

I'm not talking about Russell Wilson he was traded he was willing to be traded deshaun Watson was traded the other guys like manning and breeze retired or we're free agents show me a scenario where a quarterback has one of his best seasons and the team fell apart around him the defense absolutely sucked there was not a good run game the offensive line was shaky nobody was getting open and then the franchise decided to cut the quarterback.... You have not shown me one I mean you're gonna have to dig back a long ways to find a quarterback that had had one of his best seasons that was being considered for MVP there were a lot of reasons around them that fell apart and then the team was willing to eat $30 million to let him go without a plan that's why fans can't be GM's..

I didn't say not to trade him but that's all up to Prescott if he wants to be traded but we cannot afford to outright cut the guy and expect to build a good team we could end up being sub 500 for a very long time and don't be bringing up no Brock Purdy that was an accident you can't plan that...
What part of June 1st cut don't you understand? Jeez.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I think Denver has given the league a precedent in such situations.
And got universally panned for it. Also Wilson’s career arc in at the end despite signing a massive new deal. Dak’s is not. Not the same at all.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I think the bigger problem is that the league is playing dominos and Jerry is playing with marbles.
The league plays chess and Jerry picks his nose, flicks boogers and pees on himself. That’s really where it is at.

starman22

Reaction score
I don't think it's just Dak fanboys that are jumping on Dan Quinn-- a good majority of this board is doing so.

Personally, I recognized he called a very bad game but I also remember the before times and I don't think our defensive roster is particularly strong.
It makes you wonder how things might have been if LVE, Overshown, and Diggs were available.

CoachD

Reaction score
Last year Dan Quinn said..............."We have unfinished business here in Dallas". Well now that it's over bye bye!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Last year Dan Quinn said..............."We have unfinished business here in Dallas". Well now that it's over bye bye!
well he wasn't wrong... unfortunatly for us fans the whole "Stop the Run" is still unfinished...

Bagman

Reaction score
This is a prime example of our issues at top. Why are we waiting on Quinn?
Exactly!!!! Who the **** cares what job Quinn may/may not take ? Fire his *** NOW ! Send a resounding message throughout the organization that NO ONE is safe ! If winning SBs is truly JJ's goal, he needs to get his **** together and start making assertive moves.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Exactly!!!! Who the **** cares what job Quinn may/may not take ? Fire his *** NOW ! Send a resounding message throughout the organization that NO ONE is safe ! If winning SBs is truly JJ's goal, he needs to get his **** together and start making assertive moves.
Smh…..he just doesn’t get it and any hope I had of him wanting change is thrown out the window.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
what, I heard on here how you guys wanted backward hat loser to be the next cupcake HC.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Yes not because Jerry actually makes a move, but because someone else is stupid enough to buy fools gold.
Maybe they will, but I can see him NOT getting a HC job...he's old and his D was crap most of the 2nd half of the season. Total meltdown against an average GB team the other day put the cherry on the turd sundae.

Reactions: CWR