Todd Archer - Dan Quinn will be the first domino to fall

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Whatever, his defense crapped the bed in a Wildcard game. If some team wants to hire him as HC, have at it.

Loso86

Reaction score
Yes not because Jerry actually makes a move, but because someone else is stupid enough to buy fools gold.
What? It goes hand in hand he doesn't need to if someone
Waiting until all the potential HC candidates are gone is stupid. You get real.
What does that havento do with Dan Quinn....? Now your just not making any sense

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This is a business, who care if he gets embarrassed? He already embarrassed himself and his family by that defensive performance on Sunday
LOL .....aren't you a bad a____. Believe it or these are real people who have worked side by side over the last few years. Unlike yourself, there is some compassion for someone losing their job.

jwitten82

Reaction score
LOL .....aren't you a bad a____. Believe it or these are real people who have worked side by side over the last few years. Unlike yourself, there is some compassion for someone losing their job.
Believe it or not, nobody cares about your feelings. Dan Quinn is 53, he can handle it, and it's not the first time he's been let go

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
It would be dumb to scapegoat DQ but keep MM. The offense had as many ups and downs as the defense did. For a lot of the season, people were giving all the credit to DQ. If we want a change of culture, we need a new HC who brings in all his own guys. What we’ll probably do is replace DQ with Al Harris and see more of the same next year.

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Maybe Dan Quinn is head coach material? But the fact that there were no adjustments with the Defense at halftime, has to be factored into his coaching abilities. Once again our part time GM takes the easy way out with personnel. if that pathetic embarrassment and gutless display against GB didn't spark immediate action, I dont know what will.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
A good GM would fire the ENTIRE coaching staff and let the new HC bring his own people in.

But maybe that's just me. :huh:
yup this 100% and maybe even ask the new coaching staff how they want to handle some of the player moves..especially QB...

cowboyblue22

Reaction score

@toddarcher spoke with @RobThompsonESPN and @rjochoa on “R & R in the Morning” about the future of Dan Quinn in Dallas and what gets resolved first—Quinn’s situation, McCarthy’s job or Dak Prescott getting a new contract:

“Dan Quinn will be the first domino to fall because I largely think he’s gonna get one of these jobs that he’s interviewing for this week going forward…I don’t believe he’ll be the defensive coordinator here with the Cowboys

if i owned a pro team there is no way dan quinn is my head coach

blueblood70

Reaction score
The misinformation is you saying something can't be done when it clearly can. A loser's mentality.
No it clearly can't without a major step back and hurting the rest of the team and roster building if you wanna take a giant step back and be losers and then complain when we can't win eight games and never make the playoffs you know like Jason Garrett days or worse than Dave campo is sure we can do that if you like I'm saying you can't do anything without really hurting the team when it comes to cutting Prescott you guys think that that that's like doable no if a trade happens you can do that but you cannot take that kind of dead cap hit and then still build a team and then what do you have at quarterback you want to just what cut your nose off to spite your face let's get rid of DAK even though the defense sucked the run game was inconsistent the old line was inconsistent people weren't getting open...

I mean what exactly cutting Dak,

it's gonna actually help this team when it comes to remembering we have a salary cap in a roster limit and a small window open with enough talent on this team if you just simply cut the coaching staff and try to do what you can in the draft and try to run this back one more time with Prescott under his current contract and then not extend him and see where we can go from there that would be my plan you straight up cutting it dude and eating $30 million is ridiculous we are not that desperate....

Merlin

Reaction score
No it clearly can't without a major step back and hurting the rest of the team and roster building if you wanna take a giant step back and be losers and then complain when we can't win eight games and never make the playoffs you know like Jason Garrett days or worse than Dave campo is sure we can do that if you like I'm saying you can't do anything without really hurting the team when it comes to cutting Prescott you guys think that that that's like doable no if a trade happens you can do that but you cannot take that kind of dead cap hit and then still build a team and then what do you have at quarterback you want to just what cut your nose off to spite your face let's get rid of DAK even though the defense sucked the run game was inconsistent the old line was inconsistent people weren't getting open...

I mean what exactly cutting Dak,

it's gonna actually help this team when it comes to remembering we have a salary cap in a roster limit and a small window open with enough talent on this team if you just simply cut the coaching staff and try to do what you can in the draft and try to run this back one more time with Prescott under his current contract and then not extend him and see where we can go from there that would be my plan you straight up cutting it dude and eating $30 million is ridiculous we are not that desperate....
The good franchises make these hard decisions. The Cowboys refuse to do so which is why we lose year after year. Dak is not an elite QB. I rather see what Trey Lance has at this point and use the cap savings to shore up positions of weakness like LB.

CCBoy

Reaction score
With this qb contract you can't do that, we will lose too many important parts
There are still solutions as well as with the current QB...develop his awareness by teaching him focus building and reinforcement and then hold him accountable. Is this offense built around him as it was with Troy Aikman? Or more just go out and win one for the Gipper and show heart?

blueblood70

Reaction score
The good franchises make these hard decisions. The Cowboys refuse to do so which is why we lose year after year. Dak is not an elite QB. I rather see what Trey Lance has at this point and use the cap savings to shore up positions of weakness like LB.
And I'm telling you that that is not a decision many franchises would make now if he had a way to trade the guy yes but flat out cutting him no that is insane it is one of the most insane things to say we need to cut Prescott because it's the right thing to do, it's not the right thing to do... it's a good thing you aren't a GM and most GM's would not do that Dak had one of his best seasons and this playoff game we lost the TEAM **** the bed around him and if you can't see that... defense cut them ALL that the issue Moreso then the qb.. right ,

lance is the answer to what ?? nothing at this point but huge step BACK? LANCE isnt even a proven backup at this point, not even proven he can stay healthy, not site and cost more than rush right now.. if Dak was tradeable no FT or trade clause maybe you make that decision ie wentz but with no true plan you DO NOT DO THAT.. 1yr more under existing deal, yes work your transition plan while hes here and then move on..

lance is unproven not elite, might never be even good let alone elite, so exactly what are we doing? cutting a player to eat 30mil to save soem money but get worse? great plan..lol

cut rush elevate Lance let him have 90% of the offseason and ps snaps and see how he transiotn to 2 , keep dak for 24 than move on..