Todd Archer: Our 2024 Cowboys Draft Class

Jimbo123

Reaction score
You take a RB instead of that turd from ND.
From there you are no longer chasing anything. You've picked up probably a starter at LT, maybe at OC, a rotational DE in year 1 and a RB that can get 150 carries.
Now we're bringing in zeke who was washed 2 years ago, they'll spin it and aholes round here will buy it, but it's an extra God knows how much on the cap vs a 3rd round pick, he'll average 2.4 yds a carry .
That 3rd round RB makes tge biggest difference of any pick we just took.
Zeke is in the best shape of his life.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
FA and draft - just not enuff help for our DL ... expect a poor run defense ...again

Expect a poor run game (again) ...and zero RB in pass game help (again)

FO did not help our coaches, imo
They drafted 3 guts to help with run defense.

Edge, LB and DT. Plus got a tackling corner. All 4 will help with run defense but guys don't know them so they think they are trash..... and who knows maybe they will be but to say they didn't help in the draft for run defense is wrong.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I see only guyton, beebe, and carson seeing some snaps. I don't think guyton is ready to start but I'm OK with throwing him out there to keep tyler smith inside

JustChip

Reaction score
Giving up the 49ers trade offer for Liufau was insane. Could have swapped 87 for picks 94 and 135.

If they still loved Liufau they could have still taken him at 94 and then used 135 on a RB. What were they thinking???
Linebackers were taken at 91 and 93 so no guarantees the ND LB would be there at 94. Maybe they coveted Marist more than the others. If so, you don’t take the chance that your guy won’t be there.

Obviously, they felt stronger about Marist’s contribution to fixing a weakness than any RB there. Doesn’t mean it’ll pan out, but neither is the assumption that Marist would've still been there in a trade down.

quickccc

Reaction score
They drafted 3 guts to help with run defense.

Edge, LB and DT. Plus got a tackling corner. All 4 will help with run defense but guys don't know them so they think they are trash..... and who knows maybe they will be but to say they didn't help in the draft for run defense is wrong.
A 7th round biggie that almost went undrafted is gonna be counted on to be immediate help upfront ?

Kneeland is gonna likely be a rotational guy his rookie year. We need immediate starters since we have done jack in FA.

You count on CBs to be coverage guys first. Rookie Carson likely to be a 4th CB for depth, - unless he shows Bland like big plays in camp. that
could challenge Lewis for the 3rd CB.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Rogers ran a 5.55 40 yd time. I don't get this selection. Was he hurt during Pro Day and Combine?
When is Rogers going to have to chase someone for 40 yards? All he needs to be able to do to make the team is occupy blocks well. That’s it

chicago JK

Reaction score
I admit I know very little about most of these guys. I am having trouble going all I. With draft class. I know we shouldn’t either. I feel more confident in a class when I feel confident in their first pick. It it so much easier when you hit that pick. I think there will be no in between with Guyton. He will either be great or a guy you want to upgrade. He has the talent to succeed but I am worried about him getting there. Looking forward to seeing him in camp.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Can add A.Richards to O.Line group , gets you to 10,

Hopefully someone can show and knock Ergoda off the roster...
Meant for him to be on there. He was one of my 10.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Whatever they believe they are the professionals we are the fans you do get that right they also have Malik Jefferson and Clark still on the team if they need to they can go add people five months let me say it again September is five months away this roster will be in flux they will probably get another running back they might even bring in another linebacker it is still wide open to finish building this roster..umm ok?? I still find it irony in the fact that fans still think meets things need to be done off their list and their timetable when a $10 billion team is being run by an actual set of professionals whether you like them or not there are 1200 people involved as far as employees players management and I think they got more of a handle on it than you do and I'm not trying to knock you but why are fans in here thinking they somehow know how to build a roster better than the actual team full of professionals??
This is a discussion board brother. We're discussing.

If you've got nothing to say, that's fine but don't rip us for simply talking what has been done and what could be done.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
A 7th round biggie that almost went undrafted is gonna be counted on to be immediate help upfront ?

Kneeland is gonna likely be a rotational guy his rookie year. We need immediate starters since we have done jack in FA.

You count on CBs to be coverage guys first. Rookie Carson likely to be a 4th CB for depth, - unless he shows Bland like big plays in camp. that
could challenge Lewis for the 3rd CB.
How many immediate starters to you expect in one draft?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Kneeland, Beebe and big Nate. Strength draft!
Wish they could have gotten Davis in the 5th, but he got swooped one pick earlier.
I agree with this debate, you know the argument I'm on your side, but just let me remind you that Byron Jones and Mazi Smith work absolutely some of the best prospects as far as measurables they were superstars at the combine as far as lifting weights and being strong, jumping out opf the building types, that does not always mean success in the NFL...

eromeopolk

Reaction score
When is Rogers going to have to chase someone for 40 yards? All he needs to be able to do to make the team is occupy blocks well. That’s it
His Bench Press was low, 40 yard time slow, and agility poor. Compare to other DTs that went before and after. I was just wondering was he injured with Rich Eisen combine numbers.