Todd Archer: Our 2024 Cowboys Draft Class

blueblood70

Reaction score
Still need another LB and RB’s
yes RBs huge priority.

but LB

I think that Mike Zimmer has plenty to work with right now on linebackers I know what fans want but they went out and got Kendricks, you do realize that I believe Malik Jefferson still on this team Overshown is coming back we have Clark we have the kid we just drafted.

Clark
Jefferson
Kendricks
Draftee
Overshown
and if you include Parsons in some sets..

I'm pretty sure if they feel they need to add another one they will but I believe that this is a good start...

blueblood70

Reaction score

Overall B- TBD with some of these guys..

Still need to address running back obviously So what are your thoughts on this big dude from Auburn he looks the part and he's from a big school and a great defense or at least they played great defense I mean could he be as good or better than mazi?

Mcsports

Reaction score
Favorite picks: Guyton, Beebe, Carson

Wait and See Picks: Kneeland, Flourney, Thomas, Rogers

What the Heck Were they thinking/Jerry was drunk pick: Liufau

Overall Grade from me: B-. Fixed the OL, got a run stopping DE, but overvalued the LB and ignored RB.
Seems like a solid observation.
If the Notre Dame linebacker had been replaced with a RB it'd look much better.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Giving up the 49ers trade offer for Liufau was insane. have swapped 87 for picks 94 and 135.

If they still loved Liufau they could have still taken him at 94 and then used 135 on a RB. What were they thinking???
When was this?

RS12

Reaction score
I feel great about Beebe. Everybody else is wait and see. I hope Solari is the right coach for Guyton.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I mean I’m not upset they drafted for the trenches, but there are still glaring holes at RB and LB. The Oline is great whether you extend Dak or roll with a rookie or Lance in 25, as it will be very beneficial. But you still need a RB to take the pressure off of Dak or whatever QB you roll with in 25. I don’t see this as a draft that pays off in the immediate outside of maybe C with Beebe.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Who would you have picked in those spots?
You take a RB instead of that turd from ND.
From there you are no longer chasing anything. You've picked up probably a starter at LT, maybe at OC, a rotational DE in year 1 and a RB that can get 150 carries.
Now we're bringing in zeke who was washed 2 years ago, they'll spin it and aholes round here will buy it, but it's an extra God knows how much on the cap vs a 3rd round pick, he'll average 2.4 yds a carry .
That 3rd round RB makes tge biggest difference of any pick we just took.

revospeed

Reaction score
You take a RB instead of that turd from ND.
From there you are no longer chasing anything. You've picked up probably a starter at LT, maybe at OC, a rotational DE in year 1 and a RB that can get 150 carries.
Now we're bringing in zeke who was washed 2 years ago, they'll spin it and aholes round here will buy it, but it's an extra God knows how much on the cap vs a 3rd round pick, he'll average 2.4 yds a carry .
That 3rd round RB makes tge biggest difference of any pick we just took.
Understand the frustration with the linebacker pick. I would have gone after Wilson if i was going for a linebacker. But we have three potential starters with our first three picks. 2009 our first pick was a linebacker out of Westerb Illinois and our best pick was David Buehler. Id say we surpassed that by a wide margin.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
It's relying on Beebe and Guyton.
The rest won't make a 2nd contract, I doubt more than 4 make the 53.
Doubtful, considering the state of the roster. All 4 from days one and two are locks.

They're light at corner and I doubt they sign anyone of significance. That's 5

DT is a joke. If the 7th round NT has a pulse, he's in. That's 6.

I'll get back with you on the OT and WR.

Too many factors to consider before we start talking about veteran contracts, but on paper, this looks like a strong class. Much better than 23.

zeke21

Reaction score
It is a stronger class than last year.. so that is a bonus. I refuse to be negative about spending early picks on the trenches.. these guys may not flashy but OL/DL still determine where a game of football is won and lost most times.

Hate that yet again we didn't even look at a late round QB, hate that we didn't address RB and if that late SF trade deal is accurate then that is a big fat miss. Yet again I think we reached on the later picks and highly doubt that any of them make the 53.

Beebe is the stand out for me.. I really rated him and I think he could almost be a plug and play starter. Time will tell.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If Guyton and Beebe alone turn out to be good then it's a good draft class and there is a real chance that's going to happen. Missing out on a 5'9 RB isn't going to break a draft. It's not like Liufau is a terrible prospect, he absolutely fits into our defensive scheme.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Lol, truly pathetic draft class
I understand not being happy with the team about the little it has been done in free agency. I understand not being happy that the team did not take a running back in this class. But I don't understand the "pathetic draft class" type comments. From all accounts, the Cowboys took players that were valued higher, and sometimes much higher, than where they were taking. Only one player was considered a reach. This is what you are supposed to do in the draft. You are not supposed to have so many holes that it is impossible to fill them all.