Todd Archer: Our 2024 Cowboys Draft Class

sbark

Reaction score
So our 53 looks like:

QB (3) Prescott, Rush, Lance
RB (3) Dowdle, Freeman, Vaughn
FB (1) Luepke
TE (4) Ferguson, Schoonmaker, Hendershot, Stephens Jr.
OL (10) Guyton, Smith, Beebe, Martin, Steele, Bass, Hoffman, Thomas, Edoga
WR (5) Lamb, Cooks, Tolbert, Brooks, Turpin, Flournoy

DE (4) Lawrence, Kneeland, Williams, Fehoko
DT (4) Smith, Odighizuwa, Golston, Rogers
LB (5) Parsons, Kendricks, Clark, Overshown, Liufau
CB (6) Diggs, Bland, Lewis, Scott, Carson, Goodwin
S (5) Wilson, Hooker, Bell, Thomas, Mukuamu

K (1) Aubrey
P (1) Anger
LS (1) Sieg

I gave the final spot to Stephens Jr., but there's a lot of directions Dallas could go with it, including DE Wheat, CB Wright, OL Waletzko or Ball, WR Cropper or Durden, LB Johnson, DT Davis or we could sign Elliott or one of the UDFAs could earn a spot.
Can add A.Richards to O.Line group , gets you to 10,

Hopefully someone can show and knock Ergoda off the roster...

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
in the draft
I wasn’t necessarily disagreeing with you. Just didn’t (and still don’t) understand what you meant by “Brooks or bust”. We were going to draft Brooks but when he was taken we just didn’t want a RB?

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I wasn’t necessarily disagreeing with you. Just didn’t (and still don’t) understand what you meant by “Brooks or bust”. We were going to draft Brooks but when he was taken we just didn’t want a RB?
what I meant, and I might add sarcastically…is that Jerry wanted Brooks or no one else.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Taking the samoan linebacker over Marshawn Lloyd was idiotic
What’s questionable about that one is that the LB was likely to be there in the 5th round and they inexplicably reached all the way up to the 3rd for him.

he strong and fast, but wasn’t insanely super productive in college. I’ll wait and see but my initial reaction is that I don’t love it.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
yes RBs huge priority.

but LB

I think that Mike Zimmer has plenty to work with right now on linebackers I know what fans want but they went out and got Kendricks, you do realize that I believe Malik Jefferson still on this team Overshown is coming back we have Clark we have the kid we just drafted.

Clark
Jefferson
Kendricks
Draftee
Overshown
and if you include Parsons in some sets..

I'm pretty sure if they feel they need to add another one they will but I believe that this is a good start...
I think that they must really believe that Overshown is going to be a good one and that Kendricks can still play at a high level.

If those things are true, we’ll be ok this year but again probably needing to pick one in the first few rounds next year.

Aven8

Reaction score
I think that Parsons is going to play linebacker. That gives them 5 linebackers.
I think if Micah played LB he would be the best LB in football. Having said that if he played LB FT we wouldn’t have any pass rush whatsoever.

Aven8

Reaction score
Taking the samoan linebacker over Marshawn Lloyd was idiotic
It sucks. But had we done that then we would be crying about needing a LB. If these fools had just participated just a tad in FA every pick wouldn’t mean as much…..

rambo2

Reaction score
I think if Micah played LB he would be the best LB in football. Having said that if he played LB FT we wouldn’t have any pass rush whatsoever.
He still will get sacks playing linebacker and they will get sacks from the other linebackers.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think that they must really believe that Overshown is going to be a good one and that Kendricks can still play at a high level.

If those things are true, we’ll be ok this year but again probably needing to pick one in the first few rounds next year.
Whatever they believe they are the professionals we are the fans you do get that right they also have Malik Jefferson and Clark still on the team if they need to they can go add people five months let me say it again September is five months away this roster will be in flux they will probably get another running back they might even bring in another linebacker it is still wide open to finish building this roster..umm ok?? I still find it irony in the fact that fans still think meets things need to be done off their list and their timetable when a $10 billion team is being run by an actual set of professionals whether you like them or not there are 1200 people involved as far as employees players management and I think they got more of a handle on it than you do and I'm not trying to knock you but why are fans in here thinking they somehow know how to build a roster better than the actual team full of professionals??

Praxit

Reaction score
...every year the draft is 50/50, with the hopes they make the grade for impact.

All we can do is watch n hope.