Todd Gurley......that'll sting for a long time

plasticman

Reaction score
T.J. Yeldon...two of his last three games over 100 yards....averages three and a half receptions per game....in six games he has 488 yards from scrimmage.

Imagine what he could have done here.

2nd round pick, 36th overall. Cowboys could have traded down and and got him plus an extra pick.

Karlos Williams, averaging over 5 yards a carry has scored in every game he has played in. At 6'1 230 LBS, he could have really helped us. He was a 5th round pick.

Its hard to say, I mean, do we really have a right to complain about this year's draft class? Byron Jones has made rookie mistakes but he has played some tough football. With the loss of Scandrick, nobody can really say drafting him was a mistake.

It's equally difficult for faulting them for drafting a DE in the 5th round.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Could've cut Randle (and still should btw) and had McFadden start the year until TG was healthy. After that Darren would've been a solid vet backup.

CM wouldn't have been needed. Not a hindsight kinda guy typically but, the front office has really botched the RB position badly.

Losing out on Jones or Gregory would've hurt as well.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
According to Cowboyszone we didn't need Gurley. We didn't need Peterson, or Chris Johnson and all of the backs in the draft were not any better than what we had in Randle.

Because as we all know to well.......

ANYONE CAN RUN BEHIND THIS LINE!

Or was that line? Not sure if Collins for Leary still applies.

And we didn't need them.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Could've cut Randle (and still should btw) and had McFadden start the year until TG was healthy. After that Darren would've been a solid vet backup.

CM wouldn't have been needed. Not a hindsight kinda guy typically but, the front office has really botched the RB position badly.

The Cowboys had a masterful draft.

To move up that high we would've had to give up our 2nd.

As bad as our defense is there is no way I am giving up Byron Jones and Randy Gregory who look very promising.

I really wish we had Gurley but give me the combo of Jones and Gregory.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
if someone said that they didn't watch him at Georgia. It was SUPER clear he was going to be a stud and head-and-shoulders above anyone else in that draft.

There was quite a few people saying that. I thought it was dumb then, but it looks really dumb now. He was a once a decade type prospect and some people were saying Gordon was better and a couple who thought Coleman was as good.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
YfEvk7w.gif

When we lost Romo this guy might have willed us to victory.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Uh, yeah. There's a thing called a "draft", maybe you've heard of it.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
The Cowboys had a masterful draft.

To move up that high we would've had to give up our 2nd.

As bad as our defense is there is no way I am giving up Byron Jones and Randy Gregory who look very promising.

I really wish we had Gurley but give me the combo of Jones and Gregory.

Thats not nearly enough. Pick 10 is valued at 1300 points. The Cowboys 1st 3 Picks were valued at a little over 1000 points. To make a jump like that you're talking this years 1st, 2nd and probably next years 1st.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
We should have grab Chris Johnson and McFadden and that would have been good enough. Lance Dunbar should have never been tender and Randle should have been traded or been a 3rd rb.

hindsight is such a beautiful thing, isn't it?

superonyx

Reaction score
Did you see the run game Sunday, or na?
We're averaging 4.5 YPC. Pretty good.
We didn't have a shot to get Gurley.
Chris Johnson is surprising everyone right now.
Everyone would've loved Peterson. But how are you getting him? I'll wait.
Randle has run fine this year. The run blocking finally looked Sunday. Stop whining.

superonyx

Reaction score
Did you see the run game Sunday, or na?
We're averaging 4.5 YPC. Pretty good.
We didn't have a shot to get Gurley.
Chris Johnson is surprising everyone right now.
Everyone would've loved Peterson. But how are you getting him? I'll wait.
Randle has run fine this year. The run blocking finally looked Sunday. Stop whining.

Please do me a favor....I have to know and please be honest.
How old are you?

I'm curious as to the age of someone who would say na instead of no.
And also the "i'll wait" part. Sounds very aggressive with a taste of immaturity. Not knocking youth. Just curious.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
I'm surprised that Randy Moss hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet lol.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Threads are getting more and more ridiculous.

Todd Gurley? We never had a chance at Todd Gurley.

Jebus.

Sydla

Reaction score
We got two first round talents with our first two picks and people want to lament that we didn't get Gurley.

giphy.gif

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Please do me a favor....I have to know and please be honest.
How old are you?

I'm curious as to the age of someone who would say na instead of no.
And also the "i'll wait" part. Sounds very aggressive with a taste of immaturity. Not knocking youth. Just curious.

I'll answer your question when you answer mine. The "how old are you?!?!" argument is tired - as tired as an old, whining man.
Again:
Did you watch the game? How did the run game look?
How did you expect to get Gurley? What did you want to trade to jump from late-20s to top-10?
What were you trading to get Peterson?
You have the benefit of hindsight with CJ, and CJ has the benefit of one of the better passing offenses in the league this year. Which we have not had, because, you know, our top-3 QB and top-3 WR have been out mostly all year.
Has the run blocking been good this year, outside of Sunday?
Is 4.5 YPC as a team good or bad?
Instead of knocking yourself down a few pegs by nit picking what words I use and asking how old I am, why not try and make an argument that backs up your whining? You have no point and no argument. So you resort to lame "gotcha" attempts. Do better.

DFWJC

Reaction score

How?

DFWJC

Reaction score
According to Cowboyszone we didn't need Gurley. We didn't need Peterson, or Chris Johnson and all of the backs in the draft were not any better than what we had in Randle.

Because as we all know to well.......

ANYONE CAN RUN BEHIND THIS LINE!

Or was that line? Not sure if Collins for Leary still applies.

Can't recall too many saying we didn't need Todd Gurley. There may have a few though.