Todd Gurley......that'll sting for a long time

superonyx

Reaction score
I'll answer your question when you answer mine. The "how old are you?!?!" argument is tired - as tired as an old, whining man.
Again:
Did you watch the game? How did the run game look?
How did you expect to get Gurley? What did you want to trade to jump from late-20s to top-10?
What were you trading to get Peterson?
You have the benefit of hindsight with CJ, and CJ has the benefit of one of the better passing offenses in the league this year. Which we have not had, because, you know, our top-3 QB and top-3 WR have been out mostly all year.
Has the run blocking been good this year, outside of Sunday?
Is 4.5 YPC as a team good or bad?
Instead of knocking yourself down a few pegs by nit picking what words I use and asking how old I am, why not try and make an argument that backs up your whining? You have no point and no argument. So you resort to lame "gotcha" attempts. Do better.

I'm 40.
You are entirely too angry over something you have no control over.
What whining do you think you are referring to?
I'm happy you are so happy with our running game. You are in a small club. Most people would probably do things differently if they could have a do over. But not you my angry internet slang abusing friend.

This isn't even my thread. I actually thought Gurley wasn't going to be great. I thought he would be injury probed and he still may.

So you know I would have paid Demarco enough to get him to stay. I would have let Crawford play out his contract and make him earn the money vs just handing it to him when he has never played well enough to justify.

Now that I called you my friend you can start calling me Brah!!!!

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I'm 40.
You are entirely too angry over something you have no control over.
What whining do you think you are referring to?
I'm happy you are so happy with our running game. You are in a small club. Most people would probably do things differently if they could have a do over. But not you my angry internet slang abusing friend.

This isn't even my thread. I actually thought Gurley wasn't going to be great. I thought he would be injury probed and he still may.

So you know I would have paid Demarco enough to get him to stay. I would have let Crawford play out his contract and make him earn the money vs just handing it to him when he has never played well enough to justify.

Now that I called you my friend you can start calling me Brah!!!!

Wait, what am I angry about? You're the one who whined about not getting Gurley, CJ, or Peterson - when only one of them was remotely possible to acquire.
Also, please quote where I'm "so happy" with our run game. I was disappointed with it until this past Sunday, when the offensive line finally blocked like it's capable of. So it seems your comprehension is lacking.
I asked a simple question: Did you watch the game Sunday, and how was the run game? Was it good, or bad? Is 4.5 YPC as a team good or bad? Simple questions here.
I think everyone would do a lot of things differently if they were given a "do over." Unfortunately life rarely gives "do overs." So hindsight is great, but it's also pretty damn useless, because you don't get "do overs." I do not find CJ to be much better than what we have at RB. He's had better opportunities on a better team in a better offense. So of course he looks better. McFadden just had more yards than CJ has had in any single game this year. Gurley and AD were not realistically possible to get.

If you watched Gurley and didn't see he'd be great, it shows a lot about your football knowledge. Injury prone? He got hurt once.

And if you would've paid Demarco a lot more than we offered, it also speaks to your football knowledge. Have you watched him this year? I'm starting to think you don't actually watch any games.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
According to Cowboyszone we didn't need Gurley. We didn't need Peterson, or Chris Johnson and all of the backs in the draft were not any better than what we had in Randle.

Because as we all know to well.......

ANYONE CAN RUN BEHIND THIS LINE!

Or was that line? Not sure if Collins for Leary still applies.

This was your initial (embarrassing) post.
No, we don't need Gurley, CJ, or Peterson. Two of the three would be amazing to have.
What we 100% didn't need was dealing away what it would've taken to get Peterson or Gurley. I believe that was the argument most people made. Sure, they'd be great. However, the cost would also be great.

But clearly you knew better! So wise at 40 years old. What did you want to trade for Peterson or Gurley? Serious question - will you answer it?

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I was banging the table for CJ during FA.

wonderful.
he wouldn't have been much better in our offense so far than anyone already on the team. our line was not run blocking well at all. it did last sunday, and you see the results.

superonyx

Reaction score
Wait, what am I angry about? You're the one who whined about not getting Gurley, CJ, or Peterson - when only one of them was remotely possible to acquire.
Also, please quote where I'm "so happy" with our run game. I was disappointed with it until this past Sunday, when the offensive line finally blocked like it's capable of. So it seems your comprehension is lacking.
I asked a simple question: Did you watch the game Sunday, and how was the run game? Was it good, or bad? Is 4.5 YPC as a team good or bad? Simple questions here.
I think everyone would do a lot of things differently if they were given a "do over." Unfortunately life rarely gives "do overs." So hindsight is great, but it's also pretty damn useless, because you don't get "do overs." I do not find CJ to be much better than what we have at RB. He's had better opportunities on a better team in a better offense. So of course he looks better. McFadden just had more yards than CJ has had in any single game this year. Gurley and AD were not realistically possible to get.

If you watched Gurley and didn't see he'd be great, it shows a lot about your football knowledge. Injury prone? He got hurt once.

And if you would've paid Demarco a lot more than we offered, it also speaks to your football knowledge. Have you watched him this year? I'm starting to think you don't actually watch any games.

I will respond but not as long winded as yours. I have a real job that doesn't give me the time to sit and argue with someone I don't care about.
You are so angry. Just read your post. It's kind of pathetic really.

Gurley was injured more than once. Did you say something about football knowledge?
I watched Demarco in every game this year and all the Cowboys games. I guess you want to impress me with your football knowledge while pretending Demarco wasn't any good either. But either way I don't really care.
You have a rude angry way about you that makes you less than appealing to engage in any real conversation where I could come away feeling like it was time well spent. I'm sure you have heard this before.

Enjoy your day.
Sports is entertainment. I hope you can enjoy it without so much anger.
People will disagree with you in life. It's ok. Have the self esteem to not feel insulted or attacked by other people thinking different than yourself.

Sorry but this is the most time I can give you right now. The rest of your points were not original or interesting enough to take any more time with.

Did you see the post earlier where Coach Parcells was telling you "You got sucked"?
Because you got sucked.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I will respond but not as long winded as yours. I have a real job that doesn't give me the time to sit and argue with someone I don't care about.

Gurley was injured more than once. Did you say something about football knowledge?
I watched Demarco in every game this year and all the Cowboys games. I guess you want to impress me with your football knowledge while pretending Demarco wasn't any good either. But either way I don't really care.
You have a rude angry way about you that makes you less than appealing to engage in any real conversation where I could come away feeling like it was time well spent. I'm sure you have heard this before.

Enjoy your day.
People will disagree with you in life. It's ok. Have the self esteem to not feel insulted or attacked by other people thinking different than yourself.

Sorry but this is the most time I can give you right now. The rest of your points were not original or interesting enough to take any more time with.

Did you see the post earlier where Coach Parcells was telling you "You got sucked"?
Because you got sucked.

What did I get sucked by? Is that another question you can't answer? I legitimately want to know what I "got sucked" by, because it makes no sense. If you can only answer ONE question, please make it this one.
You can't answer a single question. Interesting. Seriously, why is that? Why can't you answer a single question posed to you? Is this the GOP debate?
I never once said Demarco was "no good." When you can't answer a single question and realize how silly your argument is/was, you resort to "how old are you??" responses and putting words in other's mouths.
I'm 24 and a CPA...my job is rather serious, and often very time consuming (wanna talk about how many hours I work a week?). Thanks for your concern, though.

lostar2009

Reaction score
wonderful.
he wouldn't have been much better in our offense so far than anyone already on the team. our line was not run blocking well at all. it did last sunday, and you see the results.

OK it that's what u think.

Hardline

Reaction score
I was hoping against hope that Gurley would slide in the late teens early twenties then move up to draft him.

Would I trade Jones and Gregory for Gurley?
Absolutely yes.
It wasn't the defense that got us to 12-4 last year. It was the running game.

Hardline

Reaction score
Hopefully we can make up for missing out on Gurley by getting Elliott or Henry next draft.
Fourette is a pipe dream for us in the 2017 draft.
He will be a top three pick. I guarantee it.

Dallas needs to be the most dominant running team in the NFL. That should be their identity first and foremost.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score

Enjoy your day.

Because you got sucked.
:facepalm:

Hardline

Reaction score
How did we miss out on him? We never had a chance to get him.

We missed out on him when the Rams took him with the 10th pick. I was hoping he would have fell within striking distance to pick him with a small trade up.
Gurley is tearing it up exactly like I knew he would. I want the Cowboys to be the most run dominating team in the NFL.