Tolbert penalty

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dude, seriously. Quit while you're behind. He asked the side judge if he was good after lining up half a yard ahead of the LOS. According to him, the side judge told him to move up. If you watch the video of what transpired, he moved back a half step. So, if the judge told him one thing, and he did the opposite, it's the side judge's fault? Yes, players check all the time for this - most actually listen and do the right thing. Tolbert clearly did not.

He screwed up. And, never checked where the ball was to line up correctly. That's his responsibility, no one else's. Either what he reported to his teammates was a flat out lie, or he has comprehension issues, as he did the opposite of what he was "told" to do after checking. Blaming the official or anyone else is making an excuse for a player who can't get on the field and can't make a play.

It's okay to call something out for what it is. Doesn't make one less of a fan. It actually makes one informed. You may want to try it out.
I don't think he ever blamed the official. He's just explaining that the WRs get their input regularly.

Plankton

Reaction score
I don't think he ever blamed the official. He's just explaining that the WRs get their input regularly.

That would be fine except for the fact that he replied to my reply to you indicating that what happened was Tolbert's fault, and no one else's, and that saying otherwise is making excuses for a player who lacks attention to detail. If one was to disagree with this statement, they would have to be blaming someone else.

Plankton

Reaction score
Except that’s not true.

Tolbert literally said the side judge told him to “move back,” which is consistent with what you saw in the video (just not far enough back).

The quote is on DC.com

I was referring to what was said in the below tweet by a DC.com writer:

If he said otherwise somewhere else, then I was incorrect in what I posted about him doing the opposite of what he was told to do. It also doesn't change the fact that it's his responsibility to know how and where to lineup, and if he looked down at the ball, he would have known he was offsides. It's a lack of attention to detail that is probably hampering his ability to get on the field and make a positive impact.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

If he said otherwise somewhere else, then I was incorrect in what I posted about him doing the opposite of what he was told to do. It also doesn't change the fact that it's his responsibility to know how and where to lineup, and if he looked down at the ball, he would have known he was offsides. It's a lack of attention to detail that is probably hampering his ability to get on the field and make a positive impact.

No doubt. Dude needs to have awareness of where he should be lining up. I knew it was a flag before they snapped it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Yep, I remember that tweet too. Not sure if it was a misunderstanding, or if Tolbert said scoot up, when he meant to say scoot back. Whatever the case, this tweet was apparently wrong.

raven55

Reaction score
as i had said before and i don't like saying this but he was a wasted draft pick, if he's that stupid he certainly fits in with the rest of the team

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I mean... come on
3iK4lOH.png

He is so offsides it is not even funny.