Told you Witten was hurt, & we might need Tony Gonzales, now what do you say?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I made a post about witten being hurt and something wrong with his ribs, i suggested getting tony gonzales, but I got shot down big time, now what do you have to say

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2380757 said:
I made a post about witten being hurt and something wrong with his ribs, i suggested getting tony gonzales, but I got shot down big time, now what do you have to say

Martellius is the truth.....

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2380757 said:

I say that while Gonzalez was still trying to figure out the playbook, Bennett and Curtis would fill in capably on Sunday if Witten can't go.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2380757 said:

Roy Williams > Tony Gonzales

The Cowboys only have so much collateral to offer in trades.

cowboyblue31

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2380757 said:

You need to build yourself one of these. :starspin

http://i92.***BLOCKED***/albums/l31/Cowboyblue31/Patyourself.jpg

parchy

Reaction score
Ho. ly. crap. You're kidding, right? Pull off a trade for a guy with a mammoth contract and his productive years running out for what... like three weeks? And that's assuming he even wanted to come here, which most reports stated he didn't.

Gonzo was never an option. In fact, you look dumber for pointing this out than you did originally. Congrats.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2380757 said:

I say that your suggestion is still as dumb now as it was then. We weren't going to trade for Tony, and the money he makes, just so he MIGHT get on the field if Witten goes down.

So you're saying you'd have loved that trade for all of one game? Cause that's what we're talking about here, at most, is one game. Witten will be back at the bye.

Suggestions like this is why there are people in this world who make actual football decisions, for professional teams, and why there are people in this world, like yourself, who play Madden.

superpunk

Reaction score
I'd say the same thing I said in the thread you posted this boast in a few minutes ago, before you decided that you needed even more attention and created a new thread for your thoughts.

superpunk;2380765 said:
Thanks for the heads up, Doogie Howser?

I don't know. What sort of affirmation are you looking for? Do you really think it would have been wise to give up a third round pick (for a player that the Chiefs didn't even part with for a third, so it would have taken more) who is at the end of his career, when we have possibly the best TE in the league already, and gave up all that for Roy Williams....given all the circumstances, your idea was nonsensical, and remains that way whether or not Jason plays another snap this season. We invested a second in Martellus. He's gonna have to step up - Tony Gonzalez wouldn't have made a difference.

BadKarma

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2380757 said:

The Chiefs wanted a minimum 3rd round pick...for a 32 year old tightend, whose best days are behind him.

M Bennett looks like he's going to be a very productive player. This is a great time for the coaches to see if he can step up his game now. We rest Witten for the long haul and give our rook some experience against a good team.

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2380757 said:

:shoot2:

Champsheart

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2380777 said:
I say that your suggestion is still as dumb now as it was then. We weren't going to trade for Tony, and the money he makes, just so he MIGHT get on the field if Witten goes down.

So you're saying you'd have loved that trade for all of one game? Cause that's what we're talking about here, at most, is one game. Witten will be back at the bye.

Suggestions like this is why there are people in this world who make actual football decisions, for professional teams, and why there are people in this world, like yourself, who play Madden.

:hammer:

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I still say we don't need Gonzalez. Bennet is sufficient enough, keep Curtis in only to block, PPPLLLLLLLEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEE!!!!! We need a QB who can throw a 20 yarder more than Gonzalez. We couldn't even get it to him at this point.

By the way, his cap hit is too much for us to handle, we have players to sign regardless if we have a cap ornot next year.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
And please not that a few teams (Buffalo included) made offers of a 3rd rounder for Tony and those deals were turned down. It was going to take more than just a 3rd to get him and I'm sorry but unless your JW or maybe Gates of San Diego you're not worth more than a 3rd rounder, in a trade, at the TE position.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyjoe;2380757 said:
I say that it's completely irrelevant to complain about something which you: a) didn't have an iota of control over making into reality and b) never even thought to motivate the one person who could make your suggestion into a reality, namely, Jerry Jones a.k.a. general manager of the Dallas Cowboys. Other than that, I don't know what you're expecting anyone to tell you.

zeromaster

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2380757 said:
Go back to sleep... ;)

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Now what do i say??

SHUT UP

will these "pat me on the back" threads ever end?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2380757 said:
First of all congratulations on your chest thumping. It is going very nicely.

Second of all, you never said Witten's ribs were broken that I saw, you did say he was injured.

Third of all, his ribs were not broken when you were saying it.

Fourth of all, I still think acquiring Tony Gonzalez would have been a stupid idea and I applaud Jerry Jones and the rest of the team for not even considering it.

Fifth of all, did you by any chance happen to notice that none of the other 31 teams paid the price (3rd round pick) that KC was asking? Surely some of them needed TE help. If he was such a friggin' bargain why is he still wearing Chiefs colors?

By all means continue to think it was a good idea. The truth is it never was. That thump sounds kind of hollow when compared to the truth.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2380757 said:

Ummmm. Witten just got hurt.

You are acting like you had some info before the trade deadline, but that would be impossible since the cracked ribs didn't occur until last Sunday.

And we have a 2nd round draft pick who should be able to, and I not saying he will play at the level of Witten, step in and cover for him for a few weeks.

That was a pretty weak attempt at an 'I told you so' moment Joe.