Told you Witten was hurt, & we might need Tony Gonzales, now what do you say?

utrunner07

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2380757 said:
I made a post about witten being hurt and something wrong with his ribs, i suggested getting tony gonzales, but I got shot down big time, now what do you have to say

I say get a freaking clue! Ridiculous.

1fisher

Reaction score
OP is taking a beating....... where are you OP.... :laugh2:

joseephuss

Reaction score
I honestly don't know what to say. I am truly at a loss for words because the whole premise seems even more ridiculous today than it did when you first mentioned it. Fortunately all the others who have responded to this thread have nailed it and I thank them for that.

coblue

Reaction score
I say Bennet should man up and get open and catch some damn balls - if we get him someone to throw it to him.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
is that the best shot some of you can give,

dont forget now, rookies hit a wall along december,

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2381416 said:
is that the best shot some of you can give,

dont forget now, rookies hit a wall along december,
You don't want my best shot. :D

I'd have to ban myself.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
lol Hostile

im trying to be laughable about it what some fans say,

so i told this is that all you got, your best shot

joseephuss

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2381435 said:
lol Hostile

You original post and premise of trading for Gonzales is not worthy of someones best shot. It is just laughable.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2381435 said:
lol Hostile

Joe, I mean absolutely no offense by this. The idea of acquiring Tony Gonzalez was never a good idea and nothing is going to change that. You need to drop it like an ugly girl's phone number. You wanted some praise, some validation, some props.

Look at the responses. Did you get even one kudo, much less several kudos? If praise were food this thread would be a poster for starvation.

A scabby street walker had a better chance of being picked up than this idea.

I promise you, the Cowboys never once even considered trading for Tony Gonzalez. They aimed at 2 players and got 1 of the 2. I think they will get the other one in the off season.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Hostile;2381461 said:
Joe, I mean absolutely no offense by this. The idea of acquiring Tony Gonzalez was never a good idea and nothing is going to change that. You need to drop it like an ugly girl's phone number. You wanted some praise, some validation, some props.

Look at the responses. Did you get even one kudo, much less several kudos? If praise were food this thread would be a poster for starvation.

I promise you, the Cowboys never once even considered trading for Tony Gonzalez. They aimed at 2 players and got 1 of the 2. I think they will get the other one in the off season.

Who was the other?

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Hostile;2381500 said:
John Beck.

Tell me you wouldn't like him over Brad Johnson right now.

I'd take my first girlfriend, Amy Beck, over Brad Johnson right now. She was an early bloomer.:D

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Hostile;2381461 said:

Who's this other player you speak of us aiming for?

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Ohh, Beck, my bad. Thanks! I'd definitely take him over Johnson right now.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i did get 2-3 zoners that agreed with me for gonzalez, but yesssss everyone else said bad ideal

i wasnt trying to get praise or props etc, im just trying to write what i think

like some guys write when they come up with an ideal and said i told you so

so thats what i was doing

main thing if i am trying to do anything is get more posts, so i can get closer to 3,000 posts, i know i can never catch you hostile in posting,

but you know, it took me what 3 years or longer to get 2000 posts, now i am real close to 3,000,

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
im leary of john beck, reports are that parcells was trying to trade him,

and i go by what parcells says sometimes, he knows what he sees in QB''s

so why is parcells trying to trade beck,

remember all the QB's that we went through till we hit on Romo

i would rather trade for a young backup QB, there are about 7 good QBs coming out next year,

so if the cowboys do their homework, maybe get a good backup

and the cowboys staff should be shot in my mind for letting matt moore get away and trying to sneak him through waivers,

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2381518 said:
i did get 2-3 zoners that agreed with me for gonzalez, but yesssss everyone else said bad ideal

i wasnt trying to get praise or props etc, im just trying to write what i think

like some guys write when they come up with an ideal and said i told you so

so thats what i was doing

main thing if i am trying to do anything is get more posts, so i can get closer to 3,000 posts, i know i can never catch you hostile in posting,

but you know, it took me what 3 years or longer to get 2000 posts, now i am real close to 3,000,

I hear at 10,000 posts that Brainpaint comes to your house in his cheerleader outfit and does a poledance! I'm so excited!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2381524 said:
im leary of john beck, reports are that parcells was trying to trade him,

and i go by what parcells says sometimes, he knows what he sees in QB''s

so why is parcells trying to trade beck,

remember all the QB's that we went through till we hit on Romo

i would rather trade for a young backup QB, there are about 7 good QBs coming out next year,

so if the cowboys do their homework, maybe get a good backup

and the cowboys staff should be shot in my mind for letting matt moore get away and trying to sneak him through waivers,
Parcells is notorious for trying to reshape teams in his own image. He's trying to trade Beck because he wanted Chad Henne and took him in the 2nd round of the 2008 Draft. He doesn't want 2 young QBs behind Pennington.

It has nothing to do with Beck's ability or he wouldn't be asking so much for him.

I thought risking Matt Moore was stupid too, but I think Moore was hurt this year and put on IR so it isn't like he'd be doing us any good if he is.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2381461 said:

I don't know about that, I go for the scabs

every time

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2380757 said:
I made a post about witten being hurt and something wrong with his ribs, i suggested getting tony gonzales, but I got shot down big time, now what do you have to say

I say the same thing I said then...we dont need him