Told you Witten was hurt, & we might need Tony Gonzales, now what do you say?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2380757 said:
I made a post about witten being hurt and something wrong with his ribs, i suggested getting tony gonzales, but I got shot down big time, now what do you have to say

I say that is the most ridiculous idea I've heard yet.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2380757 said:
I made a post about witten being hurt and something wrong with his ribs, i suggested getting tony gonzales, but I got shot down big time, now what do you have to say
You may need a doctor's assistance after you break your arm patting yourself on the back! But, honestly, Gonzo shouldn't even be mentioned on these boards as far as needs go. 82 will be playing...if not Sunday definitely by the Deadskins' game...AND we drafted a TE in the 2nd round who seems to have all the tools so why oversaturate the position? I say you stick to being a fan and let JJ & co handle our GM duties, OK?! :)

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2380757 said:

Are you being serious?

Because if so :laugh2:

A.) It's past the trade deadline
B.) You dont need/cant afford Pro Bowlers at every position
C.) This isnt Madden

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Can we put in another "Zone" called the "Obnoxious Back Patter's that Punch Donkeys Zone" and get this guys address so that we can mail him a Big Boy Pacifier?

That idea is just as Uber-Lenny now as it was when it was originally proposed.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2380757 said:

That at least coming into this season Curtis looked pretty good. Certainly good enough as a number #2 TE. Oh ya, we also invested a 2nd rd pick in a fairly good looking rookie TE.

But despite all of this you wanted to invest another 3rd rd pick in another TE.

Were you considering a 3 TE base package?

Is that you Parcells?

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyblue31;2380767 said:
You need to build yourself one of these. :starspin

http://i92.***BLOCKED***/albums/l31/Cowboyblue31/Patyourself.jpg

Perhaps you should extend #20 a couple feet and replace #24 with a boot.

MONT17

Reaction score
Yea the hit that witten took was wierd but if the Cowboys are fine with Tony Romos backup what makes anyone think they would get a probowler to backup witten. Its like puttin dubs on a Yugo no its like puttin hotdog slices on a pizza no I don't know what its like! I just know Jerry is too cool 4 school and like most fans think this team is injury proof!

1fisher

Reaction score
come on cowboyjoe....... surely you can do better than this.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyjoe;2380757 said:

I say that you're out of your friggin mind-- as usual.

You just can't trade for every bloody spare part you need!

The salary cap punishes those teams that can't come up with decent depth.

If the Cowboys don't win because of injuries then I'm OK with that.

That's how the cookie crumbles.

MONT17

Reaction score
MONT17;2380953 said:
Yea the hit that witten took was wierd but if the Cowboys are fine with Tony Romos backup what makes anyone think they would get a probowler to backup witten. Its like puttin dubs on a Yugo no its like puttin hotdog slices on a pizza no I don't know what its like! I just know Jerry is too cool 4 school and like most fans think this team is injury proof!

I got it now! Its like having a coffee table as ur backup alarm clock for work and having an H3 in case ur H2 is too low on gas.

pgreptom

Reaction score
Totally separate injury, and you still get no kudos.

This is why we invested a 2nd round pick in a TE. That rookie would be getting no reps, and sitting 3rd on the depth chart.

I'd much rather take Bennett now, anywho.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2380757 said:

What do I say?

Hey, Demarcus Ware might get hurt, we should trade for Shawn Merrirman to back him up.

Hey, Romo might get hurt, we should trade for Peyton Manning to back him up.

Hey, Leonard Davis might get hurt, we should trade for ... you see where I'm going with this?

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2380757 said:

You are still ill informed.
Does that help?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo2Owens4six;2381052 said:
i say Bennett will do just fine:D

I agree and I don't like trading for players who plan on retiring after the season. I respect the job Gonzales has done but given he is at the tail end of his career I would rather see a guy like Bennett out there