Told you Witten was hurt, & we might need Tony Gonzales, now what do you say?

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Perhaps someone can clear this up. The trade deadline was 10/14? Witten injured his ribs 10/26. So that was the second game after the deadline. I believe, however, there was a report that Witten dinged his shoulder a bit against the Rams on 10/19? Still after the trade deadline. However suggesting that the Cowboys trade for a 12th year guy just because Witten may or may not get injured this season would not be the wisest of transactions, IMO.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
im still now sure about beck, i went back and did some research, and i watched him in 2 games, and he would just throw the ball up for grabs especially when under pressure,

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2381416 said:
is that the best shot some of you can give,

dont forget now, rookies hit a wall along december,

Witten will be back by December.

We'll survive with "only" Witten and Bennett.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
my reasoning in beck is this;
first he is like 25 or 26 this year, when he was drafted he was already 25 i think

second, as you know, or heard, tony romo said when witten retires, romo will retire too

third, romo and beck are about the same age, so when romo got ready to leave, beck if any good or even a decent QB, then beck might be ready to retire too or be too old to play, most good QBs are beat up after they are 33 or 34.

So, in essence or what I am trying to say, you would be giving up a high draft pick to get Beck, when you could get a good player that can play for you now in next years draft. And if you draft a good young QB, and by all reports, mock drafts that I have read, etc. There are like 6 to 7 good QBs in next years draft, and then you generally have some sleepers, that slip past the 3rd round.

So to me, if you do your homework, have a good scouting system, you should be able to find a good QB that can play for Dallas for 10 years or so, instead of Beck whom might only play 5-7 years.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i just dont want witten to get hurt anymore, i would rather he sit out this game, then take the bye week, cowboys staff tells him, go home, or come in to get treatement and study film but thats all, no practicing, get well so you can help the cowboys against the Commanders.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyjoe;2381518 said:
i did get 2-3 zoners that agreed with me for gonzalez, but yesssss everyone else said bad ideal
umm. not everyone.

I stated that your initial post on this thread made absolutely no sense whatseover, not whether it was a bad idea or not. You're saying, "I told you so" for something you didn't even initiate or create as an upgradeable option for the Dallas Cowboys roster. You're wanting to be recognized for something that you didn't have anything to do with. Let's see...

Years ago, I said that MLB should have a contingency plan to offset rainouts during the World Series. Game Five was rained out. I told people that it was going to eventually happened. I told them.

I still don't have control of the weather or affect Major League Baseball policy. Same thing.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
because i would love for the cowboys after hopefully beating the giaints, go into RFK and beat the Commanders soundly, with Romo, Newman, Felix Jones, Flozell and Kosier all healthy and rack it up on the Commanders

remember the Commander players said that they are going to kill the cowboys when they come up to rfk, because they had some players hurt when the cowboys played them in dallas

so yessssssssss, i want to give it to the Commanders, i cant stand them and synder at all

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyjoe;2381665 said:
because i would love for the cowboys after hopefully beating the giaints, go into RFK and beat the Commanders soundly, with Romo, Newman, Felix Jones, Flozell and Kosier all healthy and rack it up on the Commanders

remember the Commander players said that they are going to kill the cowboys when they come up to rfk, because they had some players hurt when the cowboys played them in dallas

so yessssssssss, i want to give it to the Commanders, i cant stand them and synder at all
You're talking about two different things. On one hand, you want your favorite team to win. Nothing wrong with that. What fan doesn't want that? On the other hand, you want to be credited for hypothetical roster changes which you believe would help the team win, but your name isn't Jerry or Stephen.

Go Cowboys.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I stated that your initial post on this thread made absolutely no sense whatseover, not whether it was a bad idea or not. You're saying, "I told you so" for something you didn't even initiate or create as an upgradeable option for the Dallas Cowboys roster. You're wanting to be recognized for something that you didn't have anything to do with. Let's see...

I said way before the trade deadline ended, that witten had sore ribs on some other posts, then i made the post about possibly acquiring Gonzalez if the cowboys couldnt get Roy Williams from Detroit if asking price was too much.

That to me, if you couldnt get a WR to spread the defense and keep double coverage off of T O, then maybe draft a TE, that way, Witten could rest, whom seemed to have sore ribs, you could see him in some games he was grimacing, and looked hurt.

Witten is my favorite player on the Cowboys squad. So, i did offer some options.

So, I did what you said I didnt do, and I did tell you or post that Witten was hurt and the cowboys needed to give him rest and Gonzalez could give him that rest till Witten got healed up some.

So, i was offering options, to something you said i didnt.

Now, I do think that Bennett will get better as time goes by, but most likely Bennett will hit a wall come december, most rookies hit the so called wall in december.

I do think that Hannah could give the Cowboys some relief, its John Garrett's job to get Hannah ready to play and tutor him.

I liked what Hannah showed in preseason this year, and Hannah can get up, best I remember, Hannah has a better vertical jump than even Bennett. Now, do i think the Cowboys will do that no. Hannah probably needs one more offseason to get in shape, improve his blocking, etc.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyjoe;2381703 said:
So, I did what you said I didnt do, and I did tell you or post that Witten was hurt and the cowboys needed to give him rest and Gonzalez could give him that rest till Witten got healed up some.

So, i was offering options, to something you said i didnt.
You're confused.

This is what you stated:
cowboyjoe;2380757 said:
I made a post about witten being hurt and something wrong with his ribs, i suggested getting tony gonzales, but I got shot down big time, now what do you have to say
Read carefully.

You are attempting to take credit for an opinion which has absolutely zero bearing in reality.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2380757 said:
I made a post about witten being hurt and something wrong with his ribs, i suggested getting tony gonzales, but I got shot down big time, now what do you have to say

Funny cuz near trade time it wasn't his ribs hurt...it was his shoulder...now instead of using ur hands to pat your self on the back use them to pull your head out of your butt

Havoc

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2380757 said:

Time for Martellus to step up. That's what I have to say.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
cowboyjoe;2381703 said:
Now, I do think that Bennett will get better as time goes by, but most likely Bennett will hit a wall come december, most rookies hit the so called wall in december.

Thats rookies who are starting ...

neither he nor Felix will be starting.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2380766 said:
Roy Williams > Tony Gonzales

The Cowboys only have so much collateral to offer in trades.

true, sometimes I think people believe we can just call up another team and say, we want that guy, and they say ok.