Twitter: Tom Brady a Cowboy?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You said:

"I don't really care how talented they are. They were the best in the league. If they are fundamentally solid and smart......that can take you to the Super Bowl. That's what well coached teams are. What good is talent if you aren't fundamentally solid or smart? Enter your 2019 Dallas Cowboys."

That reasoning applies to why you bring in Brady.
It applies to someone actually in the prime of their career.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yes, we can be pretty stacked on offense, but he would still be leaving a 12-4 team and going to an 8-8 team, so it's pretty hard to argue he would be putting himself in a better situation. Plus, winning isn't just about offense. The Patriots had the top defense in the NFL in 2019, and it's a safe bet they will be a much better defense than the Cowboys again in 2020. To go with that defense, if the Pats can add a TE and another strong WR to pair with Edelman, the offense can be back in business as well.

I doubt a guy with 6 Super Bowl wins, 4 Super Bowl MVPs and 3 NFL MVP's is worried about having not won a Super Bowl with 2 different teams. I can't imagine he feels he has fallen short of Peyton because Peyton did that, plus Brady isn't trying to be Payton - being Brady already goes beyond that. Besides, if he's looking at his legacy, a player who spends his entire career with one team is always perceived very favorably by fans and media.

The only chance of him leaving NE in my mind is if the Pats were to tell him he isn't guaranteed to be the starter, and I doubt that happens. What leaving NE by his own choice would do is cause some ill will with a fan base that idolizes him. Think about Roger Staubach leaving the Cowboys - while he would still be a fan favorite if he had left the Cowboys, some of the luster would have been lost because he would no longer be seen exclusively as a Cowboy. As for playing on "the big stage", how much more attention can Brady get or does he need?

I doubt a guy who has won 6 Super Bowls and is married to a supermodel wife is "worried" at all. The point isn't worry, it's what are the relative benefits for Brady playing another year for NE, or playing for another team. Cowherd and I have given reasons for Brady to leave, and why the Cowboy are a good match.

Brady could lose *some* NE fans, but gain more fans in the *larger* fan base of the Cowboys. But did Emmitt lose fans for going to the Cardinals? Do any Cowboy fans care, *at all*?

Yes, NE wins more. And they have a better HC. There's an obvious upside. It's easier to win a SB. But getting 7 won't add much to his legacy. But pushing another team over the top to a SB, and *without* Hoodie, will. The only shade on each GOAT is the *other guy*. "Well, he never won one without X." I bet *both* of them want to win a SB without the other. That's a bigger upside for both.

It's not like Jimmy and Jerry, moronically breaking up *before* the 3peat. Brady and Hoodie are the two headed GOAT. That ain't changing. The only thing each has left to accomplish is winning without the other.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I doubt a guy who has won 6 Super Bowls and is married to a supermodel wife is "worried" at all. The point isn't worry, it's what are the relative benefits for Brady playing another year for NE, or playing for another team. Cowherd and I have given reasons for Brady to leave, and why the Cowboy are a good match.

Brady could lose *some* NE fans, but gain more fans in the *larger* fan base of the Cowboys. But did Emmitt lose fans for going to the Cardinals? Do any Cowboy fans care, *at all*?

Yes, NE wins more. And they have a better HC. There's an obvious upside. It's easier to win a SB. But getting 7 won't add much to his legacy. But pushing another team over the top to a SB, and *without* Hoodie, will. The only shade on each GOAT is the *other guy*. "Well, he never won one without X." I bet *both* of them want to win a SB without the other. That's a bigger upside for both.

It's not like Jimmy and Jerry, moronically breaking up *before* the 3peat. Brady and Hoodie are the two headed GOAT. That ain't changing. The only thing each has left to accomplish is winning without the other.
I used "worried" because you said the one thing he doesn't have over Peyton was a Super Bowl with 2 teams, and you said that is a possible reason he may want to come to Dallas. And then you also talked in this post about him wanting to add to his legacy. But you have also said in this post that you doubt Brady is worried about much of anything, so that pretty much negates your own argument about him caring about matching Peyton by winning Super Bowls with 2 teams or adding to his legacy. Besides, as I mentioned, in terms of legacy, fans and media view a guy who plays a long career with one team favorably.

My guess is Brady is secure with his legacy and how he stacks up against Manning, and is playing because he loves the competition and loves winning, and therefore will want to stay in a place that has fostered his competitive spirit and where he has a history of winning.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
This is not happening.
@PAPPYDOG
It's not happening.

Nice job of making a 10+ page convo of something not even remotely happening though.
Kudos.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
My guess is Brady is secure with his legacy and how he stacks up against Manning, and is playing because he loves the competition and loves winning, and therefore will want to stay in a place that has fostered his competitive spirit and where he has a history of winning.

Tom just wanna have fun?

I expect he is more goal oriented than that. He has more goals he can accomplish away from NE.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Jerry should save his cap space and go hard after Mahomes. Mahomes contract ends after next season, and he has always been a Cowboy fan and would love to be in Dallas.

tenor.gif

Qcard

Reaction score

Colin Cowherd knows how to get paid. That segment probably got some good advertisement $$$.

I also the recall the segment where he stated Dak is not a franchise QB because he doesn't make players around him better...

Why should it matter where Brady goes???

All Brady needs is 10 other warm bodies.... Franchise QB

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess calling him a cheater is excessive too.
I didn't say that, but the air pressure in the footballs isn't what got him to 9 Super Bowls and caused him to win 6 of those, and caused him to be among the top few passing leaders in NFL history.

I need 6

Reaction score
I didn't say that, but the air pressure in the footballs isn't what got him to 9 Super Bowls and caused him to win 6 of those, and caused him to be among the top few passing leaders in NFL history.
Trust and believe that I am not talking about Deflate gate. They cheated so many times and people are dismissive of it so they bring up the least egregious infraction. Your hero is not all he's pumped up to be. Period.

I need 6

Reaction score
He won two because Atlanta and Seattle choked. They both choked because they wanted to win a certain way......They wanted Russell Wilson and Matt Ryan to be MVPs instead of running the football. Let's not forget about Spygate when the NFL destroyed the evidence against the Rams.

Who would benefit from New England having the other team's defensive signals? All the while the fraud denied any involvement and swears they never ever gained a competitive advantage. That's what frauds and cheaters do. I don't live in a fairy tale world. I understand the NFL is business first, entertainment secondly and a sport last now.

He is the most accomplished QB but there are several others that are much better. He's overrated.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trust and believe that I am not talking about Deflate gate. They cheated so many times and people are dismissive of it so they bring up the least egregious infraction. Your hero is not all he's pumped up to be. Period.
Why must you post so stupidly? Because I say Brady is a great QB you call him my "hero"? lol That's as stupid and illogical as you pretending Brady's talent had nothing to do with winning 6 Super Bowls and accomplishing all the other things he has.

As for your comment that you weren't talking about " Deflategate", that was actually the only thing Brady himself was directly linked to. He wasn't the one caught spying on practices. In any case, it's ridiculous to suggest that those things negate everything Brady did. He was still under center, making the reads, calling the audibles and throwing the passes.