Twitter: Tom Brady a Cowboy?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Assuming we keep Cooper and Cobb, we're stacked everywhere on offense but TE. McCarthy is a serious coach, particularly for the offense. Dallas is the Big Stage.

The only thing for The GOAT to add to his career is to be The GOAT w/o The Hoodie.

Peyton Manning has one thing on him. A ring with 2 different teams.

The current 8-8 only makes it better. Brady gets the credit for pushing us over the top, and doesn't get the blame if he can't.

With Garrett out, QB for the Cowboys is a good deal for any QB. Brady can make more of it than most. As Cowherd points out, the Cowboys really are a top fit for Brady.

Yes, we can be pretty stacked on offense, but he would still be leaving a 12-4 team and going to an 8-8 team, so it's pretty hard to argue he would be putting himself in a better situation. Plus, winning isn't just about offense. The Patriots had the top defense in the NFL in 2019, and it's a safe bet they will be a much better defense than the Cowboys again in 2020. To go with that defense, if the Pats can add a TE and another strong WR to pair with Edelman, the offense can be back in business as well.

I doubt a guy with 6 Super Bowl wins, 4 Super Bowl MVPs and 3 NFL MVP's is worried about having not won a Super Bowl with 2 different teams. I can't imagine he feels he has fallen short of Peyton because Peyton did that, plus Brady isn't trying to be Payton - being Brady already goes beyond that. Besides, if he's looking at his legacy, a player who spends his entire career with one team is always perceived very favorably by fans and media.

The only chance of him leaving NE in my mind is if the Pats were to tell him he isn't guaranteed to be the starter, and I doubt that happens. What leaving NE by his own choice would do is cause some ill will with a fan base that idolizes him. Think about Roger Staubach leaving the Cowboys - while he would still be a fan favorite if he had left the Cowboys, some of the luster would have been lost because he would no longer be seen exclusively as a Cowboy. As for playing on "the big stage", how much more attention can Brady get or does he need?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

tenor.gif

I need 6

Reaction score
I don't want this overrated cheater nowhere near this franchise. He is washed up and never was as good as they proclaimed him to be. He wasn't half as good as Joe Montana was. Joe was clutch, athletic, accurate, mobile and was 4-0 in Super Bowls with no interceptions. Joe his first Super Bowl without Jerry Rice and won 3 with him. This fraud loss with Randy Moss. There are no asterisks with Joe Montana. I don't want this tainted fraud near the Cowboys.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I don't want this overrated cheater nowhere near this franchise. He is washed up and never was as good as they proclaimed him to be. He wasn't half as good as Joe Montana was. Joe was clutch, athletic, accurate, mobile and was 4-0 in Super Bowls with no interceptions. Joe his first Super Bowl without Jerry Rice and won 3 with him. This fraud loss with Randy Moss. There are no asterisks with Joe Montana. I don't want this tainted fraud near the Cowboys.
:lmao:Tell us how you really feel!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't really care how talented they are. They were the best in the league. If they are fundamentally solid and smart......that can take you to the Super Bowl. That's what well coached teams are. What good is talent if you aren't fundamentally solid or smart? Enter your 2019 Dallas Cowboys.

Kinda the point in bringing in a guy like Brady yeah?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
what if he sticks in year 2? he will be 44? at some point he is going to "slow down" and father time catches up with everybody. I think its a very high risk bringing in Brady. he or dak will have just as much of a chance at this point. if it was Brady from 3 years ago, I wouldn't hesitate.

Then that's a good problem to have, sounds like to me. Once again, the idea is to bring him in, let them compete and the winner starts. But you also might have won a championship along the way. You don't sign him to a long term, multi year deal. You sign him to a two year deal with a club option year if you can. Remember though, the other part of this is that you draft a young QB and start developing. If after year two he is in serious decline, then you either hope that Dak is ready to go finally or if he's gone, your young guy is ready to take the starting job or you go out and get a another vet for a short time. I mean, the key here is options while still giving yourself the best chance to win now with a very talent laden roster. Heck, I'd hope that if year two came, Dak would improve enough to win the job the next year if he failed to win it the first year.

John813

Reaction score
Manning went to the Broncos at age 36.
Brady will be 43 when the season starts.

While QB's are playing longer into their late 30's, Brady isn't some immortal QB, even with whatever he is doing with TB12. May still have the vision, but his arm strength isn't what it used to be. Hell Brees is cooked by the time the playoffs start. 2 years running at least.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Brady isn’t coming to Dallas that’s for sure! I believe he’ll sign a one or two year deal and stay in New England. The Pats have nothing behind him at QB. The only other teams that fit him and are equipped to contend already have a QB. A team would have to feel they’re only a QB away from a championship to be willing to pay him 30M per season at his age.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
What do you mean?

You said:

"I don't really care how talented they are. They were the best in the league. If they are fundamentally solid and smart......that can take you to the Super Bowl. That's what well coached teams are. What good is talent if you aren't fundamentally solid or smart? Enter your 2019 Dallas Cowboys."

That reasoning applies to why you bring in Brady.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score

:lmao2:

75boyz

Reaction score

This same 6th round fraud who won rings with the likes of Hall of Famers Troy Brown and David Givens receiving and Kevin Faulk at running back? That guy?
You seriously might be onto something...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol - this is excessive. I get not liking the guy, but to call him a fraud after winning 6 SB's and getting to 9 total is laughable.

SacredStar

Reaction score
Jerry should save his cap space and go hard after Mahomes. Mahomes contract ends after next season, and he has always been a Cowboy fan and would love to be in Dallas.