Tom Brady suspended for four games

fan62

Reaction score
http://i9.***BLOCKED***/albums/a92/radar69/IN%20YOUR%20FACE_zpszgixitny.jpg

BigD16

Reaction score
Football is a game of inches. This is a team who won all their titles by less than a touchdown. Many times by a field goal.

And you guys don't think that playing with balls that are easier to throw, easier to catch and much less likely to fumble could make a difference?

Excellent take tbh

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Kelly Carney
Patriots announce newcomer Dom Grady will start in replacement of suspended Tom Brady for first four games of the season.

lol

Heyyyyy .... That's my nephew

BobbyValentine.jpg

ragman

Reaction score
So, is NE owner Robert Kraft still demanding an apology from the NFL?

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I got a big NE Patriots' fan in my office. He is talking to a coworker now and he big-time complaining about the NFL and how they screwed the Patriots. He is putting the blame on everybody else except anyone in the Patriots' organization. He is really butt hurt.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If they do file, I'm definitely not counting on 4 games holding up.
Well see Brady this year...I'm guessing.
Just have to beat em at their best:star:

ragman

Reaction score
Just saw that Brady's appeal has been officially filed.

Look who Brady has as his lawyer. One Jeffrey Kessler. He's been in on a number of cases involving the NFL. He's been a thorn in the side of the NFL for years. It would not surprise me one bit if Brady doesn't miss one game with Kessler heading up his legal team.

Meanwhile, Hardy more than likely will have his 10 game penalty enforced.

SMH.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Look who Brady has as his lawyer. One Jeffrey Kessler. He's been in on a number of cases involving the NFL. He's been a thorn in the side of the NFL for years. It would not surprise me one bit if Brady doesn't miss one game with Kessler heading up his legal team.

SMH.

Yes siree to all that and expect Brady's appeal decision to come down sooner.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score

SMH.

If Kessler is planning on using the "deflator refers to weight loss" defense Im sure the NFL will gladly take that fight. Kessler wil be more like a thorn on the brush pile if he does that.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
If we are honest with each other, the simple truth is probably that New England is not the only team that uses this practice. I'd bet that there are a lot more teams who doctor the footballs. Doctoring Footballs has been around for as long as Footballs have been, in the game of Football.

Of course teams doctor the balls.

Why?

Because you're allowed to doctor the footballs.

What you're not allowed to do is to have the footballs measured at the required PSI before the game and then have your equipment guys, sneak into a bathroom and deflate them well below the required PSI.

As the Wells report showed, the Colts didn't doctor the footballs in an illegal way. They were perfectly within the rules and I think it's obvious that because of that...we could safely conclude that the Patriots cheated.

YR

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And Goodell just announced he will hear the appeal.

Absent some new info that shows aliens tampering with the balls, there is no reason to reduce the suspension.

Brady not cooperating was almost as bad as the cheating.

100% agreed. Open and shut case IMO.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
And Goodell just announced he will hear the appeal.

Absent some new info that shows aliens tampering with the balls, there is no reason to reduce the suspension.

Brady not cooperating was almost as bad as the cheating.

My son thinks this is the event that will cause Goodell to be fired. Kraft will demand it, and the other owners will back him.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Now because Brady didn't "cooperate", it doesn't seem to matter that the NFL has trashed one of the teams and its star player from one end of the country to the other without having any evidence that he did what they have led everyone to believe he did. Their response to that is they don't need any evidence, only a statement that it is more likely than not that Brady knew someone else was doing something wrong. Perhaps the owners will notice that Goodell can come after any team for any reason and without any actual evidence, and will decide they need a leader who is more interested in the integrity of the league and fairness in general than Goodell has shown to date. He has decided to hear the appeal, even after a Missouri court ruled he simply can't be impartial due to the nature of his job.

The NFL didn't even try to deal with this quietly, which should always be the case if there isn't any actual evidence of wrongdoing. That is why it appears to be a sting followed by a vendetta. I wonder what is really going on here; there seems to be more to this than can be seen on the surface.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Now because Brady didn't "cooperate", it doesn't seem to matter that the NFL has trashed one of the teams and its star player from one end of the country to the other without having any evidence that he did what they have led everyone to believe he did. Their response to that is they don't need any evidence, only a statement that it is more likely than not that Brady knew someone else was doing something wrong. Perhaps the owners will notice that Goodell can come after any team for any reason and without any actual evidence, and will decide they need a leader who is more interested in the integrity of the league and fairness in general than Goodell has shown to date. He has decided to hear the appeal, even after a Missouri court ruled he simply can't be impartial due to the nature of his job.

The NFL didn't even try to deal with this quietly, which should always be the case if there isn't any actual evidence of wrongdoing. That is why it appears to be a sting followed by a vendetta. I wonder what is really going on here; there seems to be more to this than can be seen on the surface.

I just read the entire Wells report. They have plenty of evidence, including (TADA)- the actual game balls that were deflated.

I knew Brady was lying during that intial press conference and all the text messages back that up.

They should be glad he only got 4 games.