Tom Brady trolls “America’s Team”

Shane612

Reaction score
Any team in the league is welcome to call themselves America's Team. Feel free to take it.
All it's done for this team is paint a target on their backs and give teams extra motivation to beat "America's Team."
Tom Landry didn't even want it.
Well, I doubt half the current players on the cowboys roster even know about "America's Team".

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Can't argue your point but, every dog has his day. Someone is going to cash in at some point. That point is about here.

Not only that but the fact that he's still playing at his age indicates that he DOES care... A LOT.. which means when it finally does come to a screeching halt dude is going to be crushed.. Which frankly is as it should be.. If you love the game walking away from it should hurt.. Period.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
don't know if he that beloved outside of New England and Tampa, he like the cowboys, he's hated and loved by many

He's absolutely loved by the majority just about everywhere. Sure, everyone has haters, but he's almost universally thought of as a loveable nerd kind of guy.

Shane612

Reaction score
Seriously, who cares?

"Yay! My favorite team is popular! They haven't done a damn thing in 25 years but look at Jerry's net worth!"

I'll never understand the fascination some have with this outdated label.
I don't know if it's outdated, but they don't deserve to be called "America's Team", anymore, seeing that they haven't done a damn thing for quarter of a century.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The team didn't even make up that moniker, and Landry and Staubach didn't like it. NFL films made it up as the title to the Cowboys' 1978 year-in-review film. So I don't even care about that dumb thing. I just want to see this team get better and have a shot at another championship. I don't care about Brady. I'd bet he lets Gisele do sleazy and demeaning things to him, one of them involving him barking like a little arfy chihuahua and sitting up panting while she shoves a smelly athletic sock in his mouth. Brady's a goon.

"I don't care about Brady."

Also...

"Here's some rambling diatribe meant to emasculate and ridicule Brady..."

Makes sense.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The video speaks volumes. One coach is laughing. Neither coach offered help. The coaches who set this drill up for kids this age should not be allowed to coach children ever again.

Goid luck explaining to a court of law that the kid just tackled with poor form.
Its football. If kids don't want to get hurt or their parents don't want them to get hurt go put them in chess. Football ain't it. We have to stop thinking we can make football something its not. We can't make football safe. You just can't.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
Not only that but the fact that he's still playing at his age indicates that he DOES care... A LOT.. which means when it finally does come to a screeching halt dude is going to be crushed.. Which frankly is as it should be.. If you love the game walking away from it should hurt.. Period.
I get it. some one is going to catch him long in the tooth. Just throwig darts here but it will happen. Ask Brett Favre.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Reporters are sniffing around trying to find who are the coaches who ran this practice. The coaches are laughing at a kid who just got seriously concussed. If a doctor would have been there an ambulance would have been called. Pretty crazy an adult would do this in practice. I expect those coaches to be fired.

Former NFL players find those coaches and that drill reprehensible for a child that age. A lot of people see child abuse in that video.

Peewee football has a problem if that is what they are doing. Who would even insure them? Parents I work with don’t want their kids playing football. If the youngsters don’t play they probably won’t become fans.
Yeah - that's pretty bad for sure.

Shane612

Reaction score
Tom Brady can wipe his butt on the star if he wants to. It is his kingdom and we are lucky he lets us live in it. We are a borderline joke as it is. Compared to him we are beyond pathetic.
Self loathing......
:laugh:

dfense

Reaction score
Click bate. Brady said he can't wait to play America's team. How is that trolling?

Shane612

Reaction score
I think he cares about winning, not necessarily about football.
If it wasn't football, or athletics, it would be in the corporate world....or something else.

Shane612

Reaction score
Its football. If kids don't want to get hurt or their parents don't want them to get hurt go put them in chess. Football ain't it. We have to stop thinking we can make football something its not. We can't make football safe. You just can't.
Don't you think there's a right way to play, and a wrong way to play?

nobody

Reaction score
I don't know if it's outdated, but they don't deserve to be called "America's Team", anymore, seeing that they haven't done a damn thing for quarter of a century.

It was never about what they did or won. It was about how many fans they had all over...sure, a culture of winning brought them fans, but even when the team was doing poorly in the late 80's and how it's been since its last SB they still get ratings all over and have fans everywhere.

Anyone complaining about it seems to be missing the point of the moniker.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Don't you think there's a right way to play, and a wrong way to play?
To an extent......but when it comes to violence in a violent sport? If you are going to allow these kids to tackle then in order for them to know how to tackle this type of stuff has to happen.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
You're trying too hard.

Okay, you got me. Because I mocked Tom Brady, that really means I spend every waking hour of every day obsessing over him. Write a short little satiric jab, and it can't just be a short, satiric jab. There MUST be something deeper going on, and you've uncovered it. I actually obsess over Tom Brady day after day and tape his picture to a dart board and to a sex doll and then yell at him and cry hysterically. Yup, that's what's going on. I didn't just feel a twinge of annoyance at him for his quote and then just mock him for the fun of it. That couldn't possibly be the case. I'm actually obsessed so much that I did the incredibly hard work of writing one mocking sentence. Sorry, I should not have done that. No one should ever satirize anything. Now I'll get to the 30,000 word deadly serious manifesto against Tom Brady that I should have been working on.

nobody

Reaction score
To an extent......but when it comes to violence in a violent sport? If you are going to allow these kids to tackle then in order for them to know how to tackle this type of stuff has to happen.

Then you run into safety issues. The kid is obviously undersized. HE doesn't know better. So who's looking out for his well being? It is a violent sport and concussions add up for long-term damage. There's a reason helmet to helmet contact has been a focal issue for rules. So either that kid wasn't taught how to tackle or didn't understand what he was taught and panicked. If it was the first, that's on the coaches for negligence and IS a safety issue for the child.

It's all well and good if a kid wants to play football and the parents say yes....but again, the kids don't know better at that age. It's up to the adults to watch out for them.