Tom Brady trolls “America’s Team”

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Then you run into safety issues. The kid is obviously undersized. HE doesn't know better. So who's looking out for his well being? It is a violent sport and concussions add up for long-term damage. There's a reason helmet to helmet contact has been a focal issue for rules. So either that kid wasn't taught how to tackle or didn't understand what he was taught and panicked. If it was the first, that's on the coaches for negligence and IS a safety issue for the child.

It's all well and good if a kid wants to play football and the parents say yes....but again, the kids don't know better at that age. It's up to the adults to watch out for them.
I guess what I'm saying is its football. I've never seen injury free football happen. Concussions are going to happen. I'm not blaming the child here. I'm just saying if people have a issue with this...the issue isn't the drill the issue is either those kids playing tackle or those kids being allowed to play football. Violence is going to be there though.

Ken

Reaction score

He can be "America's Qb" if he wants.

The Fact is...the Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable franchise and the most popular.

Regardless of when the last time was the won a super bowl.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Its football. If kids don't want to get hurt or their parents don't want them to get hurt go put them in chess. Football ain't it. We have to stop thinking we can make football something its not. We can't make football safe. You just can't.

When the insurance companies say no, when the parents say no, when the schools say no, one has no choice. A simple jungle gym costs either a lot of money due to insurance or the yearly premiums are huge.

Last edited:

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score
NO,
Cheating does not count.

It really is amazing to see how many people prefer to bury their heads in the sand and pretend that Brady and the Patriots didn't cheat their way to their championships. It's even more amazing that with Brady playing at a level nearly equal to his prime seasons that people don't see that he's now cheating with performance enhancing drugs. In the entire history of all sports no one has been able to play at their prime in their 40's without cheating. His personal trainer when he was with the Patriots was connected to HGH. Brady refused to answer questions about it. The man is a disgrace to the league and to the sport. If Goodell wasn't in his back pocket he would be out of the league by now.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
People come out of the woodwork to support the Cowboys when their winning. More should support them even though they lose . People don’t like Brady even when he’s winning. So he’s definitely not deserving of the title

Motorola

Reaction score
So NE is no longer Americas Team, now its Tampa? People still push GB as Americas Team. But based on fair weather fans, America still love to see the Cowboys Win or Lose.....so maybe we have just become Americas punching bag.
The Cowboys - win or lose - are the NFL's go-to team for ratings...season after season.
Many here at CZ Land were howling when the Niners-Boys game was flexed out of that late December SNF slot.
Both teams were injury-ravaged early on in 2020 - the switch was inevitable.
But lo and behold- the 2021 Cowboys have EIGHT Primetime scheduled games - and this is not counting the perinnial Thanksgiving Day game and the TNF contest all 32 teams play each year
Sunday afternoon late -**** 4x - two each on CBS & FOX ****
Sunday night - 2× on NBC
Monday night - 1x on ESPN
Thursday night - 2021 season kickoff
**** - there is the possibility that the late Sunday games are not the featured broadcasts = shown to the majority of the country - have to give a look\see the other games scheduled for that time slot.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Okay, you got me. Because I mocked Tom Brady, that really means I spend every waking hour of every day obsessing over him. Write a short little satiric jab, and it can't just be a short, satiric jab. There MUST be something deeper going on, and you've uncovered it. I actually obsess over Tom Brady day after day and tape his picture to a dart board and to a sex doll and then yell at him and cry hysterically. Yup, that's what's going on. I didn't just feel a twinge of annoyance at him for his quote and then just mock him for the fun of it. That couldn't possibly be the case. I'm actually obsessed so much that I did the incredibly hard work of writing one mocking sentence. Sorry, I should not have done that. No one should ever satirize anything. Now I'll get to the 30,000 word deadly serious manifesto against Tom Brady that I should have been working on.

Trying way too hard.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
He knows red hats like my brother are gobbling up everything he has to offer. My guess is the belief is that every team he belongs to is “America’s Team”

Big_D

Reaction score
The guy has 7 rings and is a 5 time SB MVP and people are still bragging about popularity and tv ratings. The Cowboys have sunk way too low. Winning was the reason for that nickname, now it’s how rich the owner is and how well the networks are doing? lol

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
"America's Team" deserves to be trolled at this point.

He's spent his entire career winning titles while "America's Team" has bumbled along, no threat to him whatsoever.

Shane612

Reaction score
It was never about what they did or won. It was about how many fans they had all over...sure, a culture of winning brought them fans, but even when the team was doing poorly in the late 80's and how it's been since its last SB they still get ratings all over and have fans everywhere.

Anyone complaining about it seems to be missing the point of the moniker.
Yes. But they became most popular franchise by their culture, wins and image.
They don't have much of any of that now....unless you count Jerry Jones as the embodiment of all those characters.

Shane612

Reaction score
To an extent......but when it comes to violence in a violent sport? If you are going to allow these kids to tackle then in order for them to know how to tackle this type of stuff has to happen.
But head-first tackling is now illegal, because it dangerous for both the tackler and tacklee...lol
They call it spearing, right?

Swagger

Reaction score
Brady has won so much and has now done it with two teams that he can basically say what he likes whether people like it or not.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dak is “better” anyway
He makes 42 million and Brady only makes 28 million

Signed

Every Stupid Cowboys fan who wanted Dak to “be paid”
I wish I ONLY MADE 28 MILLION !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
Brady has never lost to cowboys, and he will want to keep that record intact.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Eh. So what. Brady has his own race to run. No one out runs father time over the long haul. Eventually age catches up. I expect him to do a Cap Rooney in "Any Given Sunday", one week its there the next week its gone.
If george blanda could play into his forty's, pot belly and all, then tom could easily play into his 50's.
Tom lives right, eats right, stayed in shape his whole career (unlike our ewok) so there is no telling how long he can play.
And he works hard at being his best.
When heineke was with pats, he wanted to go in early and be the first guy in, but when he got there, tom was already there working lol.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
Wasn’t it Jerry that said 500 coaches could win the SB with this team. Unfortunately, Jerry is unable to put the team together and is unable to find the coach... especially when Jerry is the half-coach.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I miss the days when the played better as the favorites. Everyone knew a butt whooping was going to be delivered and it was just a matter of how much.
We TOLD them what we were gonna do. Then did it. Ah...those were the days.