Tom Brady's Deal

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think anything of BRady in 2020 but I personally won't invest in a immobile 42 year old quarterback. Stupid business. Bucc's should've invested in a young quarterback or planned for life after Winston far better than they did.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Brady instantly raised the bar for that franchise.. We need some of that here.

His success will depend on how much the Bucs protect him and change their schemes.

Arians has always been a vertical guy and Brady is a dink and dunk guy that doesn’t take hits.

He raised the bar for them but for how long? That remains to be seen. You certainly can’t build a future with a QB that will be 43 at the start of next season. Brady is a completion machine who can keep the chains moving but the Bucs still have to keep their eye on a young QB to develop. They’re just hoping Brady still has two more good years left in him.

Verdict

Reaction score
I’m not taking a 42-year-old QB over a 26 year old QB regardless the money. It’s pretty much Super Bowl or bust for Tampa. They know time isn’t on Brady’s side, he may be done in a year or two. It won’t be long before they’re looking for a QB to replace him. They’re getting what’s left of Brady which is still pretty good but for how long we’ll see.

Pretty good is the subject of legitimate debate.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
None of the crybaby naysayers who will appear in this thread would bet a nickel of their own money that Brady won’t outperform Dak next year.

You'd probably welch on a real money bet, but I would be willing to do a year long avatar bet.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
A fully guaranteed multi-year deal with a base of 25 mil for a guy who turns 43 this summer and who already is on a 3-year streak of playing worse than he did the year before? Yikes.

You framing it as being a 2 year, 50M deal and ignoring the extra 9 mil in incentive implies you don't think he's hitting any of those extra 9M in incentives, so I take it you think he's not gonna play well or not gonna be ale to stay healthy enough to earn those incentives, whatever they are.

I wouldn't trade places with them right now, nope. Hard pass.

Dak, is that you ? Brady with all his new weapons will outperform Dak next year with and TB is already a decent team that is getting stronger. With an excellent coach. They need to up their running game and they will. In a matchup of McCarthy/Dak and Ariens/Brady, Dak is the big weak link. So your negative Nancy post may be a bit off. Last

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Definitely different situations, so I think each is making the right move for themselves.

Dallas is trying to build a long term contender, not a one and done, which is where the Bucs are. THe Bucs had a pretty decent offense last year with a QB that was really careless with the ball. As for Brady being a dink and dunker, you do what you do based upon the talent you have. The Pats haven't had much in the way of a downfield threat in years outside of Randy Moss....how long ago was that? The best one they had was Brandin Cooks and he is average at best.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
He finally has weapons, if they can protect him, I wouldn't be surprised if they're top 3 next season.

Proof

Reaction score
I don't think anything of BRady in 2020 but I personally won't invest in a immobile 42 year old quarterback. Stupid business. Bucc's should've invested in a young quarterback or planned for life after Winston far better than they did.

i think it buys then some relevance and a chance to find/groom the next guy

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
i think it buys then some relevance and a chance to find/groom the next guy
It does but it gives them false hope. Its masking a issue. I mean its all about the money so I get it. IMO, it would've been smarter to go after Cam Newton if he's healthy. Brady's immobility is a issue for me. He gets the ball at fast but if I had Godwin and Evans I think i'd want a quarterback who can buy some time.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If you take all 10 other players on both offenses—not just receivers—I think Dak has the better supporting cast.
Lets hope these two teams meet in playoffs this year!

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
You'd probably welch on a real money bet, but I would be willing to do a year long avatar bet.
I wouldn’t make a bet with you as I’d assume from your brain dead posts that you’re homeless.
Now that we’ve tossed out useless insults, what terms are you thinking? I wouldn’t see the point of betting money on an anonymous forum, would one of the mods act as an escrow? How would that even work?

exciter

Reaction score
90423638_10168183013577037_4852603228119891968_o.jpg

Would you take Dak at 1 year/33M or Brady at 2 years/50MM?
Well duh... Dak of coarse! He’s a young, up and coming soon to be top 5 Qb and worth every penny. Brady is a washed up 43 year old!

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I wouldn’t make a bet with you as I’d assume from your brain dead posts that you’re homeless.
Now that we’ve tossed out useless insults, what terms are you thinking? I wouldn’t see the point of betting money on an anonymous forum, would one of the mods act as an escrow? How would that even work?

I'm an airline pilot, so I likely will be homeless soon. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Terms seem pretty simple. We'll take a standard metric like ESPN QBR and see which one has the better numbers. Winner picks the loser's avatar for a year. PM me if you want to go through with it.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
The real question is:

How good is Tampa’s O-Line?

If it’s a couple clicks above average I can see them winning 12 games, otherwise Brady might not play a full season...

Dak has more upside, Brady is a win now choice. If u go with Brady you go crazy in FA to get it done now, otherwise you stick with Dak and continue to build the team. Time will tell. I’m sticking with Dak on our team until he’s no longer a Cowboy but we all know Brady is a better pocket passer....

Verdict

Reaction score
Pretty good for Brady is still pretty good.

He looked pretty pedestrian last year and now he is a year older. He has the football IQ, but Father Time remains undefeated. My money is betting on a dropoff. I guess we will see.

sean10mm

Reaction score
The thing about Brady is that his age is terrifying, but that 2019 Patriots offense was really bad top to bottom due to a combination of injuries, age, and FA/draft busts.

Brady instantly raised the bar for that franchise.. We need some of that here.

His success will depend on how much the Bucs protect him and change their schemes.

Arians has always been a vertical guy and Brady is a dink and dunk guy that doesn’t take hits.

I mean, this has always been a function of if he has a deep ball threat to throw to or not. He usually doesn't. Either by luck or design he's mostly been given slow midgets to throw to who rely on route running and timing. Gronk was a great intermediate to short weapon, but he didn't run a 4.3 40 by any stretch.

As soon as he got Randy Moss he was bombing deep 24/7. He had 1 season of Brandin Cooks in 2017 and was league MVP again chucking it deep often. Hell, at one point he had great deep ball numbers throwing to Chris Hogan mostly.

Brady had a down year in 2019 and is very old, but that team also had zero deep ball receivers after AB played his one game, the OL from 2018 was gutted by injuries and the run game stunk. Sanu was hurt almost immediately and Edelman was limping around down the stretch too. It's hard to say how much of the offense going backwards was on Brady aging vs. the roster just turning to crap.