Tom Cruise: Can you rank his all time best movies?

quickccc

Reaction score
https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/top-gun-maverick-box-office-biggest-tom-cruise-movie-ever/

Tom Cruise’s Top Gun: Maverick shatters Memorial Day records and the star’s personal best, all while proving older audiences can still go to the cinema

So How would you rank Tom Cruise's All time Movies?

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/guide/all-tom-cruise-movies-ranked/

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls059663610/

a021bf9ccb5b036e763e39aefe467266.jpg

a2376b54b56d09a979cf909f0ee84e7b.jpg

quickccc

Reaction score
Here's how i would rank the best Tom Cruise movies:

1 Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol
2 Rain Man
3 Interview with a Vampire
4 For a Few Good Men
5 Valkyrie
6 Jerry McGuire
7 The Last Samurai
8 Risky Business
9 Top Gun
10 MI: Fallout

Honorable Mention: .. Minority Report, ..The Mummy ..Collateral.. Days of Thunder

i haven't seen Top Gun Maverick yet ... :D

kskboys

Reaction score
I'll just go w/ my personal favorites. As y'all been saying, don't care for the guy personally, but man does he make great movies!!!

1. Edge of Tomorrow
2. The Firm
3. Jerry McGuire
4. Taps
5. Collateral

I'm generally an oddball when it comes to what movies I like. For instance, I liked Waterworld and didn't think Catwoman was that bad. I didn't care for Saving Private Ryan, Forest Gump, and several others that many thought were outstanding.

quickccc

Reaction score
Judging by the movies I will watch more than once, I like Edge of Tomorrow, Oblivion, Jack Reacher, Collateral, Last Samurai.

His other movies are good, but it is him I struggle to watch.

yeh, i could see that.

- Cruise is in the group of Nicholas Cage, Ryan Reynolds, to where he's just a face that becomes harder and harder to identify with the movie's character.
They are not convincing enough as actors individually and i have to depend upon the other elements such as plot write, surroundings and acting cast to make up for it.

Such as Jack Nicholas in " A few good men" ..Jamie Fox in Collateral....or Cuba Gooding Jr. in Jerry McGuire... or the action and special effects so captivating that
I don't notice Cruise enuff and always me to look/by pass him such as War of the Worlds, ..Top Gun, ..or. the Mummy.

- Last Samurai had so much going for it with the plot-write, background cinematography, action and training sequences and other acting performances and
character roles that Cruise was tolerable and not a turn-off.

- Keanu Reeves is another that is just not an impressive actor, but he's given so much action- driven roles that really does not require a moving acting performance
ala Matrix, Constantine, Speed and John Wick. If he's reduced a more subtle character and acting role, such as Devil's Advocate, he just will not convince me, and i'm just
seeing a face trying to portray a role.

Valkyrie was a Cruise film, and an excellent film in itself, and its' also one that had so many other elements around and going for it, that Cruise's bland acting was tolerable enuff for me the enjoy the overall film.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Okay, instead of ranking the best, I will list his movies that I don’t care to see more than once.

Legend
Far and Away
Eyes Wide Shut
Magnolia
Vanilla Sky
Edge of Tomorrow(decent movie but I hate repetition in movies)

The rest of his work is good(Oblivion) to great(Top Gun, MI’s). I like his early stuff too like All the Right Moves, Risky Business, The Outsiders and Losin It.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Okay, instead of ranking the best, I will list his movies that I don’t care to see more than once.

Legend
Far and Away
Eyes Wide Shut
Magnolia
Vanilla Sky
Edge of Tomorrow(decent movie but I hate repetition in movies)

The rest of his work is good(Oblivion) to great(Top Gun, MI’s). I like his early stuff too like All the Right Moves, Risky Business, The Outsiders and Losin It.
While Legend wasn't exactly a great movie, Tim Curry was fantastic!

Creeper

Reaction score
yeh, i could see that.

- Cruise is in the group of Nicholas Cage, Ryan Reynolds, to where he's just a face that becomes harder and harder to identify with the movie's character.
They are not convincing enough as actors individually and i have to depend upon the other elements such as plot write, surroundings and acting cast to make up for it.

Such as Jack Nicholas in " A few good men" ..Jamie Fox in Collateral....or Cuba Gooding Jr. in Jerry McGuire... or the action and special effects so captivating that
I don't notice Cruise enuff and always me to look/by pass him such as War of the Worlds, ..Top Gun, ..or. the Mummy.

- Last Samurai had so much going for it with the plot-write, background cinematography, action and training sequences and other acting performances and
character roles that Cruise was tolerable and not a turn-off.

- Keanu Reeves is another that is just not an impressive actor, but he's given so much action- driven roles that really does not require a moving acting performance
ala Matrix, Constantine, Speed and John Wick. If he's reduced a more subtle character and acting role, such as Devil's Advocate, he just will not convince me, and i'm just
seeing a face trying to portray a role.

Valkyrie was a Cruise film, and an excellent film in itself, and its' also one that had so many other elements around and going for it, that Cruise's bland acting was tolerable enuff for me the enjoy the overall film.

Don't get me wrong, I do not dislike Cruise. And he is a better actor than Keanu Reeves, or Kevin Costner for that matter. Cruise has made a lot of really good movies. I don't know if he has made a bad one actually. Maybe teh 2nd Jack Reacher movie?

I like Cage and Reynolds. I would watch a Nicholas Cage movie way before I would turn on a Cruise movie. I loved "Next", but I get why people might not like him.

kskboys

Reaction score
Judging by the movies I will watch more than once, I like Edge of Tomorrow, Oblivion, Jack Reacher, Collateral, Last Samurai.

His other movies are good, but it is him I struggle to watch.
Oblivion and Jack Reacher were strongly considered for my top 5.

I really did like Knight and Day, except they needed a different girl. Cameron Diaz is a stick in a bikini. My gawd, man, if you're going to have a nice bikini scene, find a girl who has a butt!!!!!