Tom Cruise: Can you rank his all time best movies?

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Rainman
A few good men
Jerry McGuire

Don't like anything about the guy but those movies were really good

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just saw the new Top Gun and it did not disappoint. Great movie that stayed with the nostalgic vibe. It was good to see them get Kilmer in there even though a small role. If there was no original and this new one was it……would still be an all-time classic :flagwave:

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Listen folks, this movie was not good, it was GREAT!!!!!!!

Holy Crap! Better than the first. TMI i know but, i had to pee the last 20mins of the movie and i never moved. :laugh:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I enjoy his sci-fi movies the most. Dude has a knack sort of the same way Arnold Schwarzenegger did in picking some fun watches. Minority Report, Day After Tomorrow, Oblivion, War of the Worlds… enjoyed all of them.

My favorite Cruise role though is still Les Grossman in Tropic Thunder baby!

giphy.gif

quickccc

Reaction score
I enjoy his sci-fi movies the most. Dude has a knack sort of the same way Arnold Schwarzenegger did in picking some fun watches. Minority Report, Day After Tomorrow, Oblivion, War of the Worlds… enjoyed all of them.

My favorite Cruise role though is still Les Grossman in Tropic Thunder baby!

giphy.gif

Wasn't " Day After Tomorrow " the natural disaster movie ? .....and starred Jake Gyllenhaal and Dennis Quaid ? ...:huh:

I don't think Cruise was in that one.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Wasn't " Day After Tomorrow " the natural disaster movie ? .....and starred Jake Gyllenhaal and Dennis Quaid ? ...:huh:

I don't think Cruise was in that one.

Meant Edge of Tomorrow. The action sci-fi Groundhog Day.

quickccc

Reaction score
I finally got caught up with Cruise's Top Gun Maverick... I enjoyed it...even more than the first, original one.
Seemed like a faster version, a faster pace and with today's era of air flight up close special effects

I just had to see it at the big wide screen theater. and booming surround sound.. along with its' CGI special effects, aerial flight & sight scenes, acrobats,
strategic and background cinematography,

Sorry but i didn't get into Cruise's character role, i wasn't there for that, and the plot was pretty simple.
I was so hyped up for the air flight scenes, that i ' somehow' paid little attention for Jennifer Connally romance.

quickccc

Reaction score
Here's how i would rank the best Tom Cruise movies:

1 Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol
2 Rain Man
3 Interview with a Vampire
4 For a Few Good Men
5 Valkyrie
6 Jerry McGuire
7 The Last Samurai
8 Risky Business
9 Top Gun
10 MI: Fallout

Honorable Mention: .. Minority Report, ..The Mummy ..Collateral.. Days of Thunder

i haven't seen Top Gun Maverick yet ... :D

Now that i've finally seen the new Maverick Top Gun film. (per less crowd, sneak in food)

1 Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol
2 Rain Man
3 Interview with a Vampire
4 For a Few Good Men
5 Valkyrie
6 Jerry McGuire
7 The Last Samurai
8 Risky Business
9 Top Gun Maverick:
10:Top Gun

Honorable Mention: ...MI: Fallout ..... Minority Report, ..The Mummy ..Collateral.. Days of Thunder.. .

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Okay, instead of ranking the best, I will list his movies that I don’t care to see more than once.

Legend
Far and Away
Eyes Wide Shut
Magnolia
Vanilla Sky
Edge of Tomorrow(decent movie but I hate repetition in movies)

The rest of his work is good(Oblivion) to great(Top Gun, MI’s). I like his early stuff too like All the Right Moves, Risky Business, The Outsiders and Losin It.

Ha, I was going to say your taste and my taste were much different. Then I re-read your first line. I was cringing going down that list, except for Edge of Tomorrow. I really enjoyed that one, but ironically, have still only seen it the one time, even though I own it.

quickccc

Reaction score
Okay, instead of ranking the best, I will list his movies that I don’t care to see more than once.

Legend
Far and Away
Eyes Wide Shut
Magnolia
Vanilla Sky
Edge of Tomorrow (decent movie but I hate repetition in movies)

The rest of his work is good(Oblivion) to great(Top Gun, MI’s). I like his early stuff too like All the Right Moves, Risky Business, The Outsiders and Losin It.

Was this the Cruise film where they had to repeat one particular scene over and over ....and over ...and over for whatever reason ?

kskboys

Reaction score
I finally got caught up with Cruise's Top Gun Maverick... I enjoyed it...even more than the first, original one.
Seemed like a faster version, a faster pace and with today's era of air flight up close special effects

I just had to see it at the big wide screen theater. and booming surround sound.. along with its' CGI special effects, aerial flight & sight scenes, acrobats,
strategic and background cinematography,

Sorry but i didn't get into Cruise's character role, i wasn't there for that, and the plot was pretty simple.
I was so hyped up for the air flight scenes, that i ' somehow' paid little attention for Jennifer Connally romance.
Jennifer needs to start eating again. Last time I saw here in the train series she looked just sick