Tom Cruise

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
This may be a repost, but what is everyone's take on Tom Cruise lately ?

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
This may be a repost, but what is everyone's take on Tom Cruise lately ?

I think he's lost it.

My sister had the hots for him and now she can't even stand to see him on TV anymore. She liked it better when nobody knew much about his personal life and he didn't seem so.... NUTSO

I'm gonna have to detox on seeing Tom/Katie for a few months before I'll be able to stand sitting through War of the Worlds...

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Scientology In a Nutshell

The Church of Scientology is a vicious and dangerous cult that masquerades as a religion. Its purpose is to make money. It practices a variety of mind-control techniques on people lured into its midst to gain control over their money and their lives. Its aim is to take from them every penny that they have and can ever borrow and to also enslave them to further its wicked ends.
It was started in the 1950s by a science fiction writer named L. Ron Hubbard in fulfilment to his declared aim to start a religion to make money. It is an offshoot to a method of psychotherapy he concocted from various sources which he named "Dianetics". Dianetics is a form of regression therapy. It was then further expanded to appear more like a religion in order to enjoy tax benefits. He called it "Scientology".

Scientology is a confused concoction of crackpot, dangerously applied psychotherapy, oversimplified, idiotic and inapplicable rules and ideas and science-fiction drivel that is presented to its members (at the "advanced" levels) as profound spiritual truth.

The Harm it Does to a Person

The results of applying their crackpot psychotherapy (called "auditing") is to weaken the mind. The mind goes from a rational state to an irrational one as the delusional contents of the subconscious mind are brought to the surface and are assumed to be valid. It also makes a person more susceptible to suggestion since it submerges the critical thinking faculties of the mind into a partial subconscious state. It results in a permanent light hypnotic trance and so from thenceforth that person can be more easily controlled. The person will, to a much greater extent, believe and do whatever they are told. And of course this is used to the full in persuading them to hand over further money and dedicating themselves further to the cult.
The results of applying their oversimplified and inapplicable rules in life is to lose the ability to think rationally and logically. A person loses the ability to think for themselves and so they lose the ability to challenge incorrect ideas. This makes them easier to control. It also isolates and alienates the person from society so that they withdraw from normal society and into their "Scientology" society. This further increases their susceptibility to the influence of their group. They end up being afraid of society, believing all society to be controlled by a group of drug companies, psychiatrists and financiers all of whom report to more remote masters. In other words they are in a state of mass paranoia. They therefore avoid reading newspapers and the like since they fear it will disturb their safe Scientology world. It is a downward spiral into madness.

The science fiction content of Scientology is revealed to them after they have reached the state they call "Clear", meaning freed from the aberrations of the mind. However, perhaps "brainwashed" would be a more applicable word to describe the mental state of someone who has survived the near entire delusional contents of their subconscious mind brought to the surface and presented to them as "truth". On the "advanced" levels (called OT levels) above the state of "Clear" they encounter the story of Xenu. Xenu was supposed to have gathered up all the overpopulation in this sector of the galaxy, brought them to Earth and then exterminated them using hydrogen bombs. The souls of these murdered people are then supposed to infest the body of everyone. They are called "body thetans". On the advanced levels of Scientology a person "audits out" these body thetans telepathically by getting them to re-experience their being exterminated by hydrogen bombs. So people on these levels assume all their bad thoughts and faulty memories are due to these body thetans infesting every part of their body and influencing them mentally. Many Scientologists go raving mad at this point if they have not done so already.

The dude needs Jesus.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never had an extreme opinion of him anyway. Thought he was cute, but that's about it. I think the big thing is that people are thinking he's lost that cool factor. The mysteriousness he used to always portray always seemed to be the biggest draw and he's not showing it right now.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
I never had an extreme opinion of him anyway. Thought he was cute, but that's about it. I think the big thing is that people are thinking he's lost that cool factor. The mysteriousness he used to always portray always seemed to be the biggest draw and he's not showing it right now.
True, that's part of it.

He is not only "not showing his cool" right now, he is showing a lot of "uncool" things as well by what he is saying and doing.

Hoov

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
True, that's part of it.

He is not only "not showing his cool" right now, he is showing a lot of "uncool" things as well by what he is saying and doing.

WV, i heard a lot of talk bout tom cruise and scientology on radio the other morning....whats going on all of a sudden that this is a hot topic. I mean, is Tom promoting this or did he do and say something outrageous that i missed.

Scientology has been around for a while and apparently Cruise has been studying it for a while, so why now is it a hot topic, what did i miss ?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
True, that's part of it.

That is why I do not look to the Hollywood crowd to tell me how things should be, most barley can take care of their own lives let alone tell others how to believe. Bottom line is they are there to entertain us but their views I could careless. I guess I'm not one who gets star struck by these people

Hoov

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
That is why I do not look to the Hollywood crowd to tell me how things should be, most barley can take care of their own lives let alone tell others how to believe. Bottom line is they are there to entertain us but their views I could careless. I guess I'm not one who gets star struck by these people

Me either Dooms, i remeber i was at this party and some big name radio dj was there, i didnt know him. so he was standing near me while his partner was doing an interview, so i introduced myself, he reached out and shook my hand and just stared, like he was waitng for me to do something or say something. so i was like - hmmm, why didnt he tell me his name, guess he figures everyone know who he is, should i ask him his name or will he be offended that i didnt know. so i sat there for a minute and i was like, ok good to meet you and walked away.

I would probably do the same thing for a movie celebrity or pro athlete, i mean they have people bothering them all the time, if they wanted to have a conversation i would talk to them as it would be intersting to get to know them, i like people in that way, but i wouldnt ask for autograph, i would treat them the same as anyone else.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hoov said:
Me either Dooms, i remeber i was at this party and some big name radio dj was there, i didnt know him. so he was standing near me while his partner was doing an interview, so i introduced myself, he reached out and shook my hand and just stared, like he was waitng for me to do something or say something. so i was like - hmmm, why didnt he tell me his name, guess he figures everyone know who he is, should i ask him his name or will he be offended that i didnt know. so i sat there for a minute and i was like, ok good to meet you and walked away.

I would probably do the same thing for a movie celebrity or pro athlete, i mean they have people bothering them all the time, if they wanted to have a conversation i would talk to them as it would be intersting to get to know them, i like people in that way, but i wouldnt ask for autograph, i would treat them the same as anyone else.

I get a kick out of what Larry Hagman said, how people on the streets would come up to him and calling him JR Ewing LOL some people get star struck by these folks and lose reality. They are here for our amusement and while I can appreciate their talents as an actor, singer or athlete they are still just people and should not be looked at as some type of God.

28bringinthewood

Reaction score
1st thing that came to my mind to describe him is ... freak!
2nd thing that came to my mind to describe him is ... hot!

Hoov

Reaction score
But someone tell me why all of a sudden Cruise and scientology is a hot topic, did he do an interview or something, its all over the news

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hoov said:
But someone tell me why all of a sudden Cruise and scientology is a hot topic, did he do an interview or something, its all over the news
He got in to a discussion with Matt Laurer on the Today Show.

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
15grad.jpg
< --- insert Tom's head.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hoov said:
Yeager, what happened in that discussion
I just read the cnn report on it so I'm not completely sure but they got in to a heated discussion about Scientology vs Psychicatry.