Tom Cruise

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Scientology doesn't approve of medication.
This started when "stars" were coming down on Brooke Shields for using medicine to deal with post partum depression.

The number of stars into this "religion" is quite staggering actually.

Tom and John Travolta are the biggest named but there's tons more.
Getting two guys with mass appeal helps their cause obviously.

I don't know enough to judge it beyond to say it isn't a religion and shouldn't be treated as gospel. Then again alot of what actual religious folks say shouldn't be treated as gospel either because they are just humans decipering doctrine as they see it.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
I think there's been some momentum building in the past several years -- especially since he and Nicole went their separate ways -- that Cruise is getting more and more weird.

He's becoming more vocal about this cult that he's involved in and his behavior was all brought to the forefront when he got engaged to the so-called "hottie" and proceeded to jump up and down on Oprah's couch like a chimp in heat.

I liked him in "All the Right Moves" and "Far and Away" but that was a long time ago.

Just watch him being interviewed ... watch his responses, his eyes, his facial expressions. The guy is losing it.

Before you know it, he'll buy Neverland from Jacko and turn it into something that you would see in his film, "Eyes Wide Shut."

Banned_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Chief said:
I think there's been some momentum building in the past several years -- especially since he and Nicole went their separate ways -- that Cruise is getting more and more weird.

He's becoming more vocal about this cult that he's involved in and his behavior was all brought to the forefront when he got engaged to the so-called "hottie" and proceeded to jump up and down on Oprah's couch like a chimp in heat.

I liked him in "All the Right Moves" and "Far and Away" but that was a long time ago.

Just watch him being interviewed ... watch his responses, his eyes, his facial expressions. The guy is losing it.

Before you know it, he'll buy Neverland from Jacko and turn it into something that you would see in his film, "Eyes Wide Shut."

Agreed Chief. I think he's living the movie he did, "Vanilla Sky".

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
I liked what Kidman had to say after she dumped him.

"Now I can wear heels!"

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
He made the statement sometime in that interview that the reason why his analysis was (more)valid was because he knew the history of psychiatry.

By calling psychiatry a pseudo-science, he can justify his not going to one to work on his neuroses. He's going around with his "Eyes Wide Shut".;)

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Church of All Saints > Scientology

Ten points to anyone who gets the reference. :wink:

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I liked what Kidman had to say after she dumped him.

"Now I can wear heels!"

If I'm not mistaken, she reportedly also made some remark about Tom's ... shall we say ... shortcomings.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chief said:
If I'm not mistaken, she reportedly also made some remark about Tom's ... shall we say ... shortcomings.
Funny, it never seems to be problem when you're in luv, but as soon as you break up, divorce, or whatever. all of a sudden the sex was never that great.

What did she expect, tho? Tom Cruise is short. His package shouldn't have been expected to be hanging to his knees. I imagine it's prolly appropriate for his height or whatever. Not trying to generalize about short men, because I know there are exceptions to every rule. To add to that, she was with him for several years, so he must've been doing something right.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
so he must've been doing something right.

Yeah making more money than she was. As soon as she started making the same or more money the problems started.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
Yeah making more money than she was. As soon as she started making the same or more money the problems started.
As many women as Cruise have gone through over the years, I'm pretty sure it couldn't have all been about money.

My friend has always told me that we can blame all the men for our relationship problems, but when it comes down to it, there's only one commonality in all those relationships and that's you. So I imagine he is prolly the central cuckoo in all those failed relationships, similar to Halle in my opinion.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Chief said:
Did she? LOL

Cruise is one actor I never particularly cared for. I know he honed his craft very well..from teen fluff like Risky Business to performances like Born on the 4th and Vanilla Sky. His most recent stuff I like quite a bit - Collateral and Samurai.. but something about his persona..I don't know, I think of him in terms of "movie star" rather than "actor", I guess. All those years of Top Gun crap did it I guess.

Then again, a critically acclaimed Johnny Depp, who chose the quirkier roles over the multi million dollar stuff, and 'actor' over 'movie star' image, is another one who leaves me cold. I appreciate the art and craft of some of his roles, but there has never been one Depp performance I have left the theatre emotionally moved by.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
Not trying to generalize about short men, because I know there are exceptions to every rule.

Uhh, the old correlation between hand size, not height, is a better 'rule of thumb'. :rolleyes:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LaTunaNostra said:
Uhh, the old correlation between hand size, not height, is a better 'rule of thumb'. :rolleyes:
You might be onto something, there Latuna. :)

Tho I've never quite bought into the hand-size, foot-size, phenomena. Proven wrong too many times.... :cool: :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:

Tho I've never quite bought into the hand-size, foot-size, phenomena. Proven wrong too many times.... :cool: :D
Man you two are cold :D

Payton34Smith22

Reaction score
I really don't care what goes on in his personal life. He is still one of my fav actors.
That Cruise and scientology stuff has been around for years now,who cares what kinda stuff he is into.

Risky Business glasses-:cool:

Hoov

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:

Experts now say the size factor is related to the amount of testosterone received while in the womb, also recently i read that its the size of the fourth finger or ring finger that correlates but that could just be more hokey stuff.

And i agree with WG about the way people spread rumors after a breakup, so i wouldnt put any stock in what kidmann said.

In response to how people feel about Cruise as an actor, i have always liked him and thought he did quality films. I like that he always has this intensity about him. Eyes wide shut i thought was really good except the ending sucked, i was like...that's it ?

Also Travolta is also one of my favorite actors, Basic is one of my alltime favorite movies...how come every time i bring it up, no one has seen or heard of that movie.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
I saw him and Holmes in LA when I attended the BATMAN BEGINS press junket. They came riding up to the hotel when the event was taking place on his motorcycle.

He was just acting like an idiot and all she does is stare at him and say nothing. They made such a specticle of themselves at the BEGINS premiere that it pissed off Warner Bros. ("allegedly" ;) )

I've never liked him and he's a tremendous overactor.