Tom Cruise

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LaTunaNostra said:
Did she? LOL

Cruise is one actor I never particularly cared for. I know he honed his craft very well..from teen fluff like Risky Business to performances like Born on the 4th and Vanilla Sky. His most recent stuff I like quite a bit - Collateral and Samurai.. but something about his persona..I don't know, I think of him in terms of "movie star" rather than "actor", I guess. All those years of Top Gun crap did it I guess.

Then again, a critically acclaimed Johnny Depp, who chose the quirkier roles over the multi million dollar stuff, and 'actor' over 'movie star' image, is another one who leaves me cold. I appreciate the art and craft of some of his roles, but there has never been one Depp performance I have left the theatre emotionally moved by.

He did not do a bad job in collateral but over all I was kind of bored by the movie.

However I really enjoyed the Last Samurai a great deal and thought he did a pretty good job in that one.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...him a master of his craft.

He spent a good portion of his movie career propped up by more notable names. Almost the mentor and junior type of situation. Hoffman, Newman etc.

Now he is truly the headliner and he seems to have become more difficult. The spouse and I try to avoid his work if possible.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
well the way i always heard it - he was the one who called it quits with Nicole.

now how freakin' stupid is that?

he strikes me as just another rich-nitwit-Hollywood-LRonHubbardite.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
my take ..... a once great actor turned goofball.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
well the way i always heard it - he was the one who called it quits with Nicole.

now how freakin' stupid is that?

he strikes me as just another rich-nitwit-Hollywood-LRonHubbardite.

I'll do you one better...

If I have my actors right, he was the one that broke up with Nicole.. and the way he did it was to have her served with divorce papers by FedEx while they were still together. She had no idea it was going to happen...

Reaction score
He's a good looking guy that I personally think can't act very well... Tom Cruise is Tom Cruise in every single movie he has ever done... watch one movie and it's the same character in every other...