Tom Landry Stadium---You can make it happen

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
sacase;1463713 said:
Sorry not going to happen. Fan wishes Vs 1Billion dollars....which means jerry gets a free stadium....But its the thought that counts.

Yeah I agree.... I think its too much anyways... he gets his props and his statue.... we need to move on in THAT sense...

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1463717 said:
Nice try but money talks and emotions, well put them in one hand and cash in the other and see what hand fills up first. Jerry stands to make 500 to maybe a billion dollars off the name. I love Tom and all, but even i'm not dumb enough to turn that kinda cash down. Arlington is putting in what, 325 million? Add the naming rights cash and Jerry gets the place paid for FREE. I"M Certainly not a rich get richer guy as a middle class single parent, but it's just too sweet to turn down. My memories of Tom stand, i don't need a stadium named after him to remember.

That doesn't mean we can't take a shot. Who knows, maybe jerry will Call it Landry Field at Exxon Park or whatever.

C'mon, sign the petition.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1463717 said:
Nice try but money talks and emotions, well put them in one hand and cash in the other and see what hand fills up first. Jerry stands to make 500 to maybe a billion dollars off the name. I love Tom and all, but even i'm not dumb enough to turn that kinda cash down. Arlington is putting in what, 325 million? Add the naming rights cash and Jerry gets the place paid for FREE. I"M Certainly not a rich get richer guy as a middle class single parent, but it's just too sweet to turn down. My memories of Tom stand, i don't need a stadium named after him to remember.

It wouldn't preclude him from naming the field in Landry's memory. His contributions to the Cowboys and to the sport itself far exceed the boundaries set by your memories alone. Future generations of Cowboys fans should be aware, and this is one avenue of educating them should they choose to become educated fans.

I'm not naive enough to believe Jerry would turn down millions of dollars to honor Landry...the stadium will be named after the highest bidder...but naming the field, and having the field mentioned in conjunction with the stadium is not far-fetched.

IMO, having a petition forwarded to Jerry expressing the continued homage to one of our greatest sportsman is a good thing. Sign up.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
tomson75;1463733 said:
It wouldn't preclude him from naming the field in Landry's memory. His contributions to the Cowboys and to the sport itself far exceed the boundaries set by your memories alone. Future generations of Cowboys fans should be aware, and this is one avenue of educating them should they choose to become educated fans.

I'm not naive enough to believe Jerry would turn down millions of dollars to honor Landry...the stadium will be named after the highest bidder...but naming the field, and having the field mentioned in conjunction with the stadium is not far-fetched.

IMO, having a petition forwarded to Jerry expressing the continued homage to one of our greatest sportsman is a good thing. Sign up.

Well said.

And Thanks.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1463732 said:
That doesn't mean we can't take a shot. Who knows, maybe jerry will Call it Landry Field at Exxon Park or whatever.

C'mon, sign the petition.

Sure i'll sign, and i hope Tom gets in on the naming, but i can also understand if he doesn't. I think we are gonna be pleasently surprised when we go to the new monster and see the Cowboys history section and see how proud JERRY does all the Cowboys greats of the past. I BEt it's very similar to the HOF and we'll all be impressed.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1463738 said:
Sure i'll sign, and i hope Tom gets in on the naming, but i can also understand if he doesn't. I think we are gonna be pleasently surprised when we go to the new monster and see the Cowboys history section and see how proud JERRY does all the Cowboys greats of the past. I BEt it's very similar to the HOF and we'll all be impressed.

I think you are right about the history. I just think that Jerry may very well get his money, maybe even more so with Landry's name on it.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
tomson75;1463733 said:

I AGREE, BUT Tex and Clint had a big hand as well IMHO. Tom Landry will never be forgotten. Does the Washington monument define George? How bout the Lincoln memorial? Tom will get his due in the new digs, mark my words. He's in the ring, and he has a statue and i'm sure he'll be prominent in the Cowboys greats section, however Jerry decides to do that. I'm all for the petition, but Tom's legend will live on, in and around the Cowboys no matter the name of the new stadium.

xpistofer

Reaction score
#27...woohoo...

c'mon guys...step up....it's been up two hours and less than 30 sig's???

git'r'done

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
28 signatures in 2 hours. Not bad, but it'll have to get in the 10's of thousands to have a chance at convincing Skeletor to name the stadium after Tom Landry.

FWIW, I'd go with "Tom Landry Memorial Stadium".

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
DallasEast;1463651 said:
Done.

Still, it's going to be hard for Jones to ignore the millions that he can gain from corporate naming rights. What I've hoped for is some kind of compromise with a corporate sponsor. For example: Tom Landry Microsoft Stadium. I know. I know. It's a bad example, but it's a thought.

It'll never happen unless a group incorporates, raises money and wins the naming rights to name it whatever they want. If "The Widget Corporation" bids $100 million dollars to name the stadium for 10 years, do you honestly think they'll call it anything other than just "Widget Stadium"? Even if one billion people sign a petition, The Widget Corporation won't change their "signage" to suit the petitioners. It's well intentioned, but not realistic.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
CowboyJeff;1463804 said:
It'll never happen unless a group incorporates, raises money and wins the naming rights to name it whatever they want. If "The Widget Corporation" bids $100 million dollars to name the stadium for 10 years, do you honestly think they'll call it anything other than just "Widget Stadium"? Even if one billion people sign a petition, The Widget Corporation won't change their "signage" to suit the petitioners. It's well intentioned, but not realistic.

That's not right. The Cowboys have the right no matter what to call it something like Landry Field @ Widget Stadium or complex or whatever. Jones owns that right in perpetuity.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;1463809 said:
That's not right. The Cowboys have the right no matter what to call it something like Landry Field @ Widget Stadium or complex or whatever. Jones owns that right in perpetuity.

A corporation will back away from a naming rights bid if they are told by the owner of the stadium (in this case jerry Jones) that it needs to be named a certain way. Jerry is all about making money and he's not going to force any part of "Tom Landry" down a corporation's throat. Trust me on that.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
I signed the petition.

BTW cajun, did you get my PM reguarding my e-sword question?

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
StarKist;1463849 said:
I signed the petition.

BTW cajun, did you get my PM reguarding my e-sword question?

Yes, I pm'd you back I think.