Tommy Devito to make rookie NFL debut vs Dallas

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Our new WR is a scrub
Matt Barkley was just signed 9 days ago & is learning the system, is currently on the practice squad, hasn't even played since 2020, and only attempted 21 passes that year, and was never very good even when he was in the NFL.

He may be put on the active roster just to have a backup, but he cannot be ready to start, even assuming he ever would/could be.
He was with Daboll in Buffalo. He’s probably fairly familiar with the offense. Probably familiar enough to step in now if need be. Don’t know what difference it would make in this particular game.

Creeper

Reaction score
I just hope they don't get crazy chasing sack and INT stats and forget to stop the run because I think the Giants are going to try to run the football and throw a lot of quick short passes. If the Cowboys are not ready to play this could be an embarrassing game for them even if they win.

Carson

Reaction score
I just hope they don't get crazy chasing sack and INT stats and forget to stop the run because I think the Giants are going to try to run the football and throw a lot of quick short passes. If the Cowboys are not ready to play this could be an embarrassing game for them even if they win.
Barkley has put up solid numbers recently and they still have struggled to score.

I just feel this is one of those weird games with that high of a spread.

Gilmore slips and Robinson scores from 75. Dak tosses a pick 6 and a few fumbles.

Like the Arizona game they started hot and we couldnt get the momentum back.

What scares me is DeVito can make plays with his feet. This is where we tend to struggle. Scrambling QBs and Tight Ends. Luckily Waller is out.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Tommy Devito is making his rookie NFL debut at Qb vs Dallas this Sunday. I think we can shut NY out again. Also, I don't know the rules or his learning curve, but it seems like a game where our new WR, can possibly get some snaps if he's put on the game day roster.
why do you think martavius bryant's going to get on the field that soon?> he will not he's a practice squad player who will not break into this lineup for quite some time. This would be this type of game to get the ball to Cooks and Schoonmaker etc you can USE THE 2nd half for a scrimmage, work on plays especially some Vaughn and other to carry the ball more. get Pollard some rest. I would NOT play Turpin, a banged up small guy... let DV get some time. he needs the work to get those hits and hold onto the ball, get feel for the game. both STs and do simar stuff on offense that KT has done.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Same attitude we took going into the Cardinals game.
There are no gimmes in the NFL.
Dobbs is experienced and can win games, need any more in for to get traded in the same week come in as b/u and literally win the game with the Vikings. Dobbs is not some green rookie with little talent around him.. Dobbs had Conner running hard and other players that could make plays..

Last edited:

Motorola

Reaction score
9 games played, the Giants are halfway (49) to giving up 100 sacks for the season. And with a rookie QB...two or three will fall into the Cowboys' laps.

Barkley's getting 15-20 handoffs per game, with a 4.0 yd/rush average. But that is misleading because he has one chunk run (12-34 yards) each outing - thereby masking a true yards per carry in the 3.3 to 3.5 range.

Last edited:

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I don't understand why everyone thinks this will be a blowout game. This is the NFL for goodness sake. The qb is not the only guy on the team. What if the giants D has a really stand up game and holds us to 21 or 24 points. You just never know. Turnovers can happen at any time. It can change a game really fast. I'm not even going to bring up injuries. You just never know.

Carson

Reaction score
I don't understand why everyone thinks this will be a blowout game. This is the NFL for goodness sake. The qb is not the only guy on the team. What if the giants D has a really stand up game and holds us to 21 or 24 points. You just never know. Turnovers can happen at any time. It can change a game really fast. I'm not even going to bring up injuries. You just never know.
Giants offense has been horrible all season.

They have score 9, 14, 10 and 6 recently.

The 6 against the Raiders was in garbage time. The 10 against the Jets was aided by a fumble and no first downs, then penalties to sustain the drive. The 14 against Washington was mostly Taylor and Waller. Both are out.

This simply is not a good team.

The way the Giants win is we turn it over multiple times and they get a few cheap scores. They cannot win this game if Dallas does not turn it over and sustains offensive drives

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Giants offense has been horrible all season.

They have score 9, 14, 10 and 6 recently.

The 6 against the Raiders was in garbage time. The 10 against the Jets was aided by a fumble and no first downs, then penalties to sustain the drive. The 14 against Washington was mostly Taylor and Waller. Both are out.

This simply is not a good team.

The way the Giants win is we turn it over multiple times and they get a few cheap scores. They cannot win this game if Dallas does not turn it over and sustains offensive drives
Just playing devils advocate a little. Looking on the dark side hoping everything stays on the good side.

Mannix

Reaction score
I liked him when he was on the show Taxi.
When this thread started, I knew with 100% certainty that someone would grab the low hanging fruit within the first five (5) responses....just lame.