Tommy Devito to make rookie NFL debut vs Dallas

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Matt Barkley was just signed 9 days ago & is learning the system, is currently on the practice squad, hasn't even played since 2020, and only attempted 21 passes that year, and was never very good even when he was in the NFL.

He may be put on the active roster just to have a backup, but he cannot be ready to start, even assuming he ever would/could be.
Plays us he throws for 300+

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Even if DeVito keeps the Giants competitive in this game or he has a decent performance it could lead to a meltdown on this board. I can only imagine what would happen if he were to lead them to a win. lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Cowboys tend to be a confidence booster for these type of QBs. I never heard of Joshua Dobbs until last season when he made his first career start against us with Tennessee and looked pretty good. He looked real good against us earlier in the season with the Cardinals. He can thank the Cowboys for advancing his career. :laugh: Sam Howell’s career got off to a great start against the Cowboys. His first NFL pass was a TD. No team plays down to average QBs like the Cowboys. Hopefully that trend doesn’t continue tomorrow. This could end up being an all-time embarrassment if it does.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Tommy Devito is making his rookie NFL debut at Qb vs Dallas this Sunday. I think we can shut NY out again. Also, I don't know the rules or his learning curve, but it seems like a game where our new WR, can possibly get some snaps if he's put on the game day roster.

I think DeVito played against the Jets . Not a debut but nonetheless this is a game I hope starters get taken out second half

Motorola

Reaction score
2023 GMen - 9 games completed____
I think DeVito played against the Jets . Not a debut but nonetheless this is a game I hope starters get taken out second half
DeVito has played in the two previous Giants games; substituted for injured starters Tyrod Taylor against the Jets two weeks ago, then last Sunday for Danny Jones.

Tomorrow is DeVito's debut as the starting QB for the Giants.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
DeVito put up 175 yards and a TD against the Raiders a couple of weeks ago. He completed 75% of his passes. I’m telling you, we better not sleep on him or something completely crazy could happen tomorrow. This is a huge opportunity for this kid and if we don’t show up ready to play and allow him to build some confidence, it could end up a ball game. It’s almost like some of you have just started following the Cowboys and don’t know their history against backup QBs.

Motorola

Reaction score
DeVito put up 175 yards and a TD against the Raiders a couple of weeks ago. He completed 75% of his passes. I’m telling you, we better not sleep on him or something completely crazy could happen tomorrow. This is a huge opportunity for this kid and if we don’t show up ready to play and allow him to build some confidence, it could end up a ball game. It’s almost like some of you have just started following the Cowboys and don’t know their history against backup QBs.
DeVito compiled 70 of his passing yards and his TD pass during the late 3rd - into the early 4th quarter - with Giants being down 27 -0.
The Giants' - with DeVito as QB - four other possessions in the 4th quarter___
• 4 plays, 6 yards - lost possession on downs
• 7 plays, 52 yards - lost possession on downs
• 7 plays, 21 yards- lost possession on downs
• 1 play, 2 yards - end of game

Eddie

Reaction score
Even if DeVito keeps the Giants competitive in this game or he has a decent performance it could lead to a meltdown on this board. I can only imagine what would happen if he were to lead them to a win. lol
If the Giants win, we fire MM immediately.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
DeVito compiled 70 of his passing yards and his TD pass during the late 3rd - into the early 4th quarter - with Giants being down 27 -0.
The Giants' - with DeVito as QB - four other possessions in the 4th quarter___
• 4 plays, 6 yards - lost possession on downs
• 7 plays, 52 yards - lost possession on downs
• 7 plays, 21 yards- lost possession on downs
• 1 play, 2 yards - end of game
Still can’t sleep on him. If we don’t show up tomorrow, another AZ game could happen. I’m sure the Giants have been put on notice by their ownership. This is a desperate team.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If the Giants win, we fire MM immediately.
He won’t be fired if it were to happen. He’s surely to get fired if we don’t make the playoffs and may get fired if we don’t advance in the playoffs.

Motorola

Reaction score
Still can’t sleep on him. If we don’t show up tomorrow, another AZ game could happen. I’m sure the Giants have been put on notice by their ownership. This is a desperate team.
Zzzz....

RonWashington

Reaction score
2023 GMen - 9 games completed____

DeVito has played in the two previous Giants games; substituted for injured starters Tyrod Taylor against the Jets two weeks ago, then last Sunday for Danny Jones.

Tomorrow is DeVito's debut as the starting QB for the Giants.

I hope Dallas makes it memorable

roy31

Reaction score
I live in Syracuse… watched Devito play a lot of games … he isn’t that good. I don’t see how this stays close.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Tommy Devito is making his rookie NFL debut at Qb vs Dallas this Sunday. I think we can shut NY out again. Also, I don't know the rules or his learning curve, but it seems like a game where our new WR, can possibly get some snaps if he's put on the game day roster.
It's his first start, but not his debut. He's in over his head though, so it's a distinction without a difference. Dallas rolls, everyone overreacts, and it's on to next week.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
It's his first start, but not his debut. He's in over his head though, so it's a distinction without a difference. Dallas rolls, everyone overreacts, and it's on to next week.
He’s a fun story. That’s where it ends. Good for him. He’s starting a game for the New York Giants, He’ll be hosting an early morning radio show in the New York City metro area this time next year talking about the Rangers/Islanders/Devils scores and why the Knicks still stink. He has it made. And he knows it. He grew up in the NY metro area…on the Jersey side. He’s going to get killed against the Cowboys, which will only cement his rep. I’m shedding no tears for him.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let me start by saying Tommy is going into a brutal situation for his first start. Terrible Oline, going against a top 5 pass rush who is highly motivated and plays lights out at home. But Tommy has a great story. Was an Elite-11 QB which is a competition that Trent Dilfer coaches with top 11 HS QBs. Tua T was the winner back in 2016. Tommy had a mediocre career ar Syracuse, before transferring to Illinois and taking full advantage of the extra year or 2 of eligibility due to Covid to really put in the work and at least get on teams radar as an UDFA. Played great in the preseason and made the practice squad. And here he is. I know his Dad and I am nervous and excited for him. Again, its not going to go well for him today but I hope he holds his own.