Tommy Devito to make rookie NFL debut vs Dallas

Carson

Reaction score
Just playing devils advocate a little. Looking on the dark side hoping everything stays on the good side.
Oh no doubt. I am thinking of ways in my head as well.

I worry if ends up like Arizona. DeVito gets a score early and gives him confidence

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
If Devito gets hot, I bet we can distract him by throwing a spicy-a meat-a-ball on the field.

Zman5

Reaction score
When this thread started, I knew with 100% certainty that someone would grab the low hanging fruit within the first five (5) responses....just lame.

Triggered much? LOL

NorthDalal

Reaction score
Watched Devito play at Syracuse. He is legitimately awful. I mean…..AWFUL.
As a 'Cuse Grad who has watched every Syracuse QB since Rick Cassata was handing off to Floyd Little and Larry Csonka,please let me chime in that Tommy Devito was a top 5 worst QBs ever to start a game for the Orange.After a stellar H.S. career he came in for an injury and lit up North Carolina in 2018.... and I was there visiting from Dallas.

I thought I was watching the next great star, I wasn't.He is a pretty good runner but is the world's most skittish pocket QB, and as a starter he regularly threw the ball away on third and fourth down(not a misprint).
He has no pocket presence.
While Syracuse had a poor OL in 2020 he was unable to salvage any broken plays and panicked in the pocket.He was benched.
When he transferred to IL he was gifted with a top Big 10 defense and a run-oriented team he carefully led them to an 8-5 record.He never belonged on a power 5 team in college and will show all his pocket presence flaws on Sunday when he looks over the Cowboy's defense.
I hope we are resting 77,9 and hope we can give Trey Lance, Duece and Asim Richards second half snaps. The game won't be close.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don’t like it. I hope Quinn don’t take him light. And I hope the team dont take them light. You know how that can go..

plasticman

Reaction score
Is he mobile?

Well, he did run the ball 112 times in college.....for 122 yards, an average of 1.1 yards a carry.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Gardner Minshew is a good qb. Especially with the best offensive line in football. You
Just pointing out its happened i mean that Houston qb last year also made some big plays.. teams like this can be very dangerous is im saying is they have nothing to lose. they have young hungry players.. playing the dallas cowboys could be the highlight of their careers...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Just pointing out its happened i mean that Houston qb last year also made some big plays.. teams like this can be very dangerous is im saying is they have nothing to lose. they have young hungry players.. playing the dallas cowboys could be the highlight of their careers...
Yeah but we beat Houston but I get it.

dupree89

Reaction score
I havent read this entire thread yet- so maybe someone has already said this......but I expect this guy to have a lot of rollouts, bootlegs, QB draws, scrambles, you name it.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Tommy Devito is making his rookie NFL debut at Qb vs Dallas this Sunday.
giphy.gif

Although knowing our luck, this guy ends up as another Purdy.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I expect this guy to play well vs Dallas. Get ready, this game will be closer than you think. These type of rookie QB’s go off when they play us.