Tonight's defensive effort

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
It wasn't flashy. It wasn't exciting.....but it wasn't ugly. It's clear that Zimmer emphasized stopping the run and I'm sure that contributed to the lack of pressure on the QB. Look, they allowed 1.1ypc and 15 points on the road against a division rival. It wasn't the blowout that some wanted, but it's a win. A MUCH NEEDED win. Keeps us in the hunt and points the needle in the right direction. Good coaching job on D, good game by QB1, and good win. Onto the next.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While I still think the defense is bad, I think they would have looked better had the offense had scored more points, especially touchdowns.

It was great to see them hold them to 5 field goals, but at the same time it was bad they let them drive down the field to get those field goals.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
It wasn't flashy. It wasn't exciting.....but it wasn't ugly. It's clear that Zimmer emphasized stopping the run and I'm sure that contributed to the lack of pressure on the QB. Look, they allowed 1.1ypc and 15 points on the road against a division rival. It wasn't the blowout that some wanted, but it's a win. A MUCH NEEDED win. Keeps us in the hunt and points the needle in the right direction. Good coaching job on D, good game by QB1, and good win. Onto the next.
It wasn’t ugly because it was against the Giants lol. They’re pretty much a better or for worse version of us. Bad offense, bad defense, abysmal coaching. They seem better disciplined though.

Regardless, no it was not a good game by QB1.

And we will be getting blown out in week 5 by the Steelers.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Mazi made a couple of plays.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
While I still think the defense is bad, I think they would have looked better had the offense had scored more points, especially touchdowns.

It was great to see them hold them to 5 field goals, but at the same time it was bad they let them drive down the field to get those field goals.
Classic Zimmer, bend but don't break. They weren't great by any means, but they did enough to win the game. I'll take that over the crap salad we saw the two games prior.

JBS

Reaction score

The offense scoring more points would make the defense look better makes absolutely no sense. Defenses typically give up more when the offenses score more

Chuck 54

Reaction score

We had zero pass rush. Parsons was blocked very well, and we started our #5 CB, went to a guy who was a backup safety for 3 years as a desperation CB, and then had the #6 CB flailing around before ending the game with an INT. We had to keep the safeties back, so a lot of easy short stuff was there all game. I enjoyed the pain the inflicted on Nabera. :)

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I think it was ugly defensively
We made Daniel Jones look all world.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I said before this game 30-17 Dallas because the Giants run game is trash . 2-2 gives the season an extension go 1-3 after tonight it’s bleak . Get healthy you have 10 days off .