Tonight's defensive effort

SackMaster

Reaction score
Going into the game I didn't know what to expect but once I saw the Giants actually play a drive I knew they weren't going to blow us out of the water. I don't feel great about this team against Pittsburgh in 10 days.
I wouldn't bet money on the Cowboys either since in two of the four games they looked average at best, and the other two games looked downright pathetic.

But ... at least they showed a LITTLE improvement.

They could have beaten the Giants 70-0 and I don't think that would make me feel any different than I do now.

The Dak-led Cowboys have owned the Giants during his tenure as the QB, so I'm not putting much weight into this until they can CONSISTENTLY be average at least.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Marist Liufau is honestly about the only player on the field that looks like he keeps his motor for 4 quarters. He has his issues in pursuit, but I still think he was a solid pick and with the right coaching could be a steal for us.

Not many other standouts at all. Diggs seems to be getting back to game speed but isn't there yet.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
While I still think the defense is bad, I think they would have looked better had the offense had scored more points, especially touchdowns.

It was great to see them hold them to 5 field goals, but at the same time it was bad they let them drive down the field to get those field goals.
It would have looked better with less missed tackles.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I hate the defense can’t get off the field but I think this is what they want. They like this bent but don’t break. As long as they don’t give up touchdowns. It’s tough to watch but u guess if it works I can’t complain.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
While I still think the defense is bad, I think they would have looked better had the offense had scored more points, especially touchdowns.

It was great to see them hold them to 5 field goals, but at the same time it was bad they let them drive down the field to get those field goals.
Time of possession was the problem. Defense couldn't get off the field. They held them to FGs, but a better team would have blown this team out.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Effort was there.....but the scheme is still crap. Zimmer literally made Daniel Jones look like a pro bowler. They controlled everything.....and as long as Zimmer is content letting teams control the clock....we will be in trouble. That's soft zone in the secondary is just letting people run wild....wide open.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Time of possession was the problem. Defense couldn't get off the field. They held them to FGs, but a better team would have blown this team out.
:hammer: ....Oh but this administration is gonna sell this W like it was legit....when in reality....Probably should have been a loss if Daboll had any balls when they got down inside the 20.

Mark

Reaction score
Regarding the DAL defense:

(1) The Good

A mere 15 pts. surrendered. Only 26 rushing yds. allowed on 24 carries. That should be enough to win any game in this League, should it not?

(2) The Bad

TOP: DAL 24:23/NYG 35:37. YDS: DAL 283/NYG 303. 1st DOWNS: DAL 14/NYG 16. All that "bending but not breaking" takes a LOT of time. Which keeps your offense off the field.

(3) The Ugly

The team with only 15 pts. and possession of the ball (which team already had more scoring drives than its adversary) had a legitimate shot at winning the game late in the 4th quarter.

Glad for the win, but this game could have easily gone the other way.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Did Parson's play tonight? Guy is more worried about his podcast instead of showing up for games these days.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score

likely fatigued given injuries and fact we scored quickly

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It wasn’t ugly because it was against the Giants lol. They’re pretty much a better or for worse version of us. Bad offense, bad defense, abysmal coaching. They seem better disciplined though.

Regardless, no it was not a good game by QB1.

And we will be getting blown out in week 5 by the Steelers.
DDS in full bloom.