Tonight's defensive effort

SackMaster

Reaction score
Regardless, no it was not a good game by QB1.
So while going 22/27 for 227 yards and 2 TDs are not setting the world on fire, that's not even good in your opinion?

And that's not even considering the fact that BOTH OTs got absolutely abused in this game. If they did stop a passrusher, they were only doing so because of holds.

But I digress. I just hope you hold yourself up the the near impossible standards you hold others up to.

Just sayin'
:thumbup:

Mark

Reaction score
While I still think the defense is bad, I think they would have looked better had the offense had scored more points, especially touchdowns.

It was great to see them hold them to 5 field goals, but at the same time it was bad they let them drive down the field to get those field goals.
Definitely a glaring issue that the visitors got away with tonight. The Giants (slightly) out-gained the Cowboys (303-292); won the TOP (35:37-24.23).

I really thought DAL would win this one going away. Aside from a standout performance from Dak, there was nothing at all impressive about surviving this close game against a bad team.

RS12

Reaction score
They played hard I will give them that. That was a bad team they beat though. Gnats dont appear to have much talent on offense. Gnats beating the Browns last week kind of takes the shine off that win too.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
It wasn’t ugly because it was against the Giants lol. They’re pretty much a better or for worse version of us. Bad offense, bad defense, abysmal coaching. They seem better disciplined though.

Regardless, no it was not a good game by QB1.

And we will be getting blown out in week 5 by the Steelers.
Exactly the Giants can't run the ball so why should I be happy that we stopped the run against them?

CWR

Reaction score
While I still think the defense is bad, I think they would have looked better had the offense had scored more points, especially touchdowns.

It was great to see them hold them to 5 field goals, but at the same time it was bad they let them drive down the field to get those field goals.
I think it's important to remember the overwhelming reason for our defense being so bad has been free lancing and players not fulfilling their responsibilities. We've had multiple players ignore their assignments and leave running lanes wide open, on multiple occasions. I'm positive talent is a factor, but them buying in and playing the scheme as designed should go a ways towards improvement. I find some hope in that.

On offense I'm just hoping the line will gel and we will keep feeding Rico and Zeke. They both appeared to finish fairly well. I think we need Turpin more involved also, just to add that speed element. Tolbert minis stupid penalties looks like a legit wr3 now. Hopefully he can continue to improve.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
True. But missed tackles, wide open players.... a better team would've murdered us
Probably, but based on what we saw the last two week, any team should have beat the cap out of us. Going into the game, I was worried the Giants would pound us into oblivion with the ground game, and Daniel Jones would be irrelevant. The defense forced the game into Jones's hands, and he couldn't do enough to win. I wouldn't say I'm impressed, but I'm definitely happy that they didn't roll over and die. Show's they still have some fight left in them.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Exactly the Giants can't run the ball so why should I be happy that we stopped the run against them?
I mean, as bad as the run defense was over the past two games (460+ yards given up) I was seriously wondering if they could stop a Pop Warner team.

I was hoping to have a sub 150 yard game, so them only allowing 26 is much better than I expected.

Hopefully it was ALL because they played the Giants. So I guess we will find out in a couple of weeks.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Tolbert should be Daks CD alternative. It’s not Cooks . And I don’t even know who WR3 is . You figure with a banged up Giants secondary Turpin deep at least one or two shots ? None ?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Honestly with bland out, Carson out, diggs had to step out for a minute the boys had to play several young guys that weren't ready. They held up better than expected. Hopefully they can build in the experience they are getting.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I mean, as bad as the run defense was over the past two games (460+ yards given up) I was seriously wondering if they could stop a Pop Warner team.

I was hoping to have a sub 150 yard game, so them only allowing 26 is much better than I expected.

Hopefully it was ALL because they played the Giants. So I guess we will find out in a couple of weeks.
Going into the game I didn't know what to expect but once I saw the Giants actually play a drive I knew they weren't going to blow us out of the water. I don't feel great about this team against Pittsburgh in 10 days.

Cmac

Reaction score
I'd hand out a C-........a win, but too many missed tackles, too many penalties, need for better pass coverage, and not enough QB pressure to my liking. Loved the play from Overshown. Hard-pressed to single anyone else out.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Want to see more Carl Lawson give the edge a boost .
I think we will as the season progresses, especially with Micah going down. If we're lucky, Micah may be fresh at the end of the season because of the injury. I wish they had another viable option at edge, but we may have just enough juice to keep QBs occupied. That Sam Williams injury really hurt us.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I'd hand out a C-........a win, but too many missed tackles, too many penalties, need for better pass coverage, and not enough QB pressure to my liking. Loved the play from Overshown. Hard-pressed to single anyone else out.
Solid B from me. Run defense was exceptional. Too many holes in pass coverage. Enough pass rush to keep Jones moving and not find any gamebreaking openings. There are areas to improve on, but the biggest concern showed significant improvement from what we saw the last two Sundays. I had written them off because it looked like they had no fight or soul. They impressed me today. There may be some hope, yet.