Tony and Candice Crawford? *Merge*

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;2918456 said:
Tony blew it when he dumped Carrie. Should have stayed with her.
Carrie hasn't been the model of dating since she and Romo ended. Since Romo, she's been linked to four different guys...all for a lot shorter time than Romo was with Jessica.

People really need to get over who Romo's doing.

I agree with whoever posted this earlier about not knowing that being a monk was part of his job as the Cowboys QB.

Roxxy

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2926789 said:
Carrie hasn't been the model of dating since she and Romo ended. Since Romo, she's been linked to four different guys...all for a lot shorter time than Romo was with Jessica.

I agree with whoever posted this earlier about not knowing that being a monk was part of his job as the Cowboys QB.

:bow:

burmafrd

Reaction score
we really do not care too much who he is dating as long as she is not a distraction or has any effect on his playing. Simpson did.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;2927984 said:
we really do not care too much who he is dating as long as she is not a distraction or has any effect on his playing. Simpson did.
No she didn't. No more than Ware's wife or Witten's wife or Bradie's wife or Spears' wife, etc..

Perception is that she did, but he played well and still put up good numbers...even with her at the games.

People need to get somebody of their own and leave Romo's alone.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I agree, Jessica was not a distraction but the perception was that she was. I think it will be the same way whenever Tony gets linked with someone pretty-famous or not. Perhaps if Tony hooks up with an ugly, they will leave him alone? Tony has done a good job of keeping a low profile ever since his split with Jessica. Has anyone else noticed that?

QB9fan

Reaction score
If he's flying to L.A. all the time then yes, I think she was a bit of a distration.

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2928070 said:
No she didn't. No more than Ware's wife or Witten's wife or Bradie's wife or Spears' wife, etc..

Perception is that she did, but he played well and still put up good numbers...even with her at the games.

People need to get somebody of their own and leave Romo's alone.

:hammer:

searchlights

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2926789 said:

It's not a question of being "a model of dating," whatever that's supposed to mean.

Of course Romo's not supposed to be a monk. As I recall he was playing awesome the first half of the 2007-2008 season when he was spotted with a new woman nearly every other week.

The thing with Jessica Simpson is the way that family rides her personal life for publicity, whether it's leaks to the tabloids, tips to the paparazzi, etc. As long as Tony was linked to her his personal life was guaranteed to be media fodder because that's the Simpson way. Her magazine covers were about her love life. Her perfume marketing was about how great her love life with Tony Romo was. On and on and on. That created a perception problem and a distraction for Tony IMO.

Would it be any different with a different famous starlet? I'm going to say yes. You brought up Underwood. I believe any nostalgia for her is rooted in the fact that so far in her career, she's mostly kept the media focused on her accomplishments instead of her personal life. As a parallel I think most of us want to see that happen for Tony - for him to be known for being successful instead of his string of celebrity relationships and end of season failures.

I don't know anything about her but don't see a problem with Candice Crawford or anybody else as long as they aren't leaking personal life tidbits to the tabloids a la Simpson.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
searchlights;2928811 said:
It's not a question of being "a model of dating," whatever that's supposed to mean.
It was in reference to people thinking Carrie Underwood was so much better than Jessica when she's done the standard dating game and gone through a few guys the same as Jessica...and in some cases, the same guys.

Of course Romo's not supposed to be a monk. As I recall he was playing awesome the first half of the 2007-2008 season when he was spotted with a new woman nearly every other week.

The thing with Jessica Simpson is the way that family rides her personal life for publicity, whether it's leaks to the tabloids, tips to the paparazzi, etc. As long as Tony was linked to her his personal life was guaranteed to be media fodder because that's the Simpson way. Her magazine covers were about her love life. Her perfume marketing was about how great her love life with Tony Romo was. On and on and on. That created a perception problem and a distraction for Tony IMO.
That's my only point. The perception of distraction is based on fiction.

Would it be any different with a different famous starlet? I'm going to say yes. You brought up Underwood. I believe any nostalgia for her is rooted in the fact that so far in her career, she's mostly kept the media focused on her accomplishments instead of her personal life. As a parallel I think most of us want to see that happen for Tony - for him to be known for being successful instead of his string of celebrity relationships and end of season failures.
Actually, I didn't bring her up. I was responding to another post where somebody else brought her up. The bold part is pretty much b.s. since when he was dating her there was a thread almost every week about her and his whereabouts and there was just as much crying about him being with her. And since they "broke up" or whatever, her dating exploits are still a topic of entertainment news.

I don't know anything about her but don't see a problem with Candice Crawford or anybody else as long as they aren't leaking personal life tidbits to the tabloids a la Simpson.
But they will, cuz he's the Dallas Cowboys quarterback. The proof is in the fact that this thread was reposted almost 10 times.

It's ridiculous. People say they don't want him to be a monk and yet as soon as he's "linked" to a woman, any woman, the crying begins...over nothing but b.s.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
sticking up for Jessica Simpson

but not allowing bikini pics

you are a mystery to me, WG :)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bob Sacamano;2928869 said:
sticking up for Jessica Simpson

but not allowing bikini pics

you are a mystery to me, WG :)
Ha! I'm not really sticking for Jessica Simpson. I'm just pointing out the idiocy of people stressing over Romo's sex life. Boggles my mind that people care so much about it to the point they'd blame a woman for his supposed failures.

I'll never understand it and I think it's one of the dumbest things people can believe.

Re: bikinis. Hey them's the rules. Believe it or not the other mods feel stronger about that stuff than me. I'm just an enforcer. ;)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2928911 said:
Ha! I'm not really sticking for Jessica Simpson. I'm just pointing out the idiocy of people stressing over Romo's sex life. Boggles my mind that people care so much about it to the point they'd blame a woman for his supposed failures.

I'll never understand it and I think it's one of the dumbest things people can believe.

Re: bikinis. Hey them's the rules. Believe it or not the other mods feel stronger about that stuff than me. I'm just an enforcer. ;)

it's gotta be BrainPaint:D

saphire1

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2928854 said:
And since they "broke up" or whatever, her dating exploits are still a topic of entertainment news.

i could prob count 3 US magazine covers, 2 star magazine covers, 2 OK! mag covers, and at least 1 People magazine cover of simpson talking about romo the love of her life, romo cheating on her, daddy getting in the way, romo being part of the family, engagement and wedding stories, etc.

i havent seen a single magazine cover about underwood and her current bf, that hockey guy mike fisher. nor have i chanced upon a paparrazzi picture of them together. simpson and romo? you dont even have to search. it's probably always on the front page of yahoo or msn.

i agree with searchlight that it's not romo dating women, it's romo dating simpson. within minutes of blog reports about their first date on hollywood, there were pictures of them together out already. candice crawford? this thread has already 5 pages and almost a week of being talked about and not one single picture of them together out yet. you think jessica will let 5 pages of a thread and a week go by about her and romo without pictures?! the woman still wants to win a pissing contest with her ex-hubby that she wants to show to the world how she's found true love forever and evah and moved on from him since he's trash. she's done that with mayer. she's done that with romo. a few months from now, there will be another one. another famous man that simpson will declare the love of her life, another man that her father will pimp her to. it'll never end. it's her remaining lifeline to continue being famous.

but oh well. simpson's over now. move on to the next blonde.

searchlights

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2928854 said:
That's my only point. The perception of distraction is based on fiction.

I think we're mostly on common ground here but I disagree with you that the perception of distraction is based on fiction. The common ground here is that I completely agree that a girlfriend/wife is not necessarily a distraction and should not be treated as such. Having a girlfriend/wife at a game is not necessarily a distraction and should not be treated as such. What IS a distraction is if the girlfriend/wife is constantly blabbing to every magazine and paparazzi agency that will listen about their love life and whereabouts, resulting in more media attention and scrutiny. That specifically was my issue with the Simpson clan. I think that would wear on anybody.

The proof that the perception is not based on fiction comes in all the magazine cover stories out there about Jessica Simpson having finally found the true love of her life in Tony which are now magazine cover stories about how he cruelly dumped her because he had a wandering eye or whatever the Simpsons are saying now. The proof was also there during their relationship. Graydon Carter (Vanity Fair editor in chief) also owns the Waverly Inn in New York City. In one of his blogs he indicated that one of Jessica's people phoned a tip in to the paparazzi so that they would know that Jessica and Tony would be dining at the Waverly Inn on a particular night at a particular time. That's the kind of thing I'm talking about.

Actually, I didn't bring her up. I was responding to another post where somebody else brought her up.
Sorry, my brain was thinking "mentioned" but my fingers typed "brought up". My bad.

The bold part is pretty much b.s. since when he was dating her there was a thread almost every week about her and his whereabouts and there was just as much crying about him being with her.
I'm going to disagree seeing as they weren't seen together all that much. The Eagles game, Romo's birthday which was 4 months later, the country music awards show, and not much else. But yes the crying was there. Didn't agree with it then, wouldn't agree with it now with the exception noted above.

And since they "broke up" or whatever, her dating exploits are still a topic of entertainment news.
Occasionally but she's much more in the news for her career. All famous people are going to deal with some entertainment news coverage about their personal lives. My point is different celebs deal with that differently. You have the Beyonces, the Charlize Therons, the Carrie Underwoods, who although you hear every now and then about their personal lives, really keep the focus on their professional lives. Then you have the Jessica Simpsons, who constantly run to People and other magazines with gushy quotes about how great their love life is, who market their products by dropping more gushy quotes about their love life, etc., etc.

I don't know anything about how any of these people would be in relationship. But from my standpoint of a fan I prefer a Romo gf who isn't constantly running her mouth to the tabloids and driving more media coverage of his personal life (which inevitably spills over onto the sports blogs like DMN and gives the media more to bug Tony and his teammates about).

But they will, cuz he's the Dallas Cowboys quarterback. The proof is in the fact that this thread was reposted almost 10 times.
Like I said above some level of media interest in any celeb's personal life is to be expected. I know that's not going away. But celebs can take steps to encourage or discourage it. The Simpsons are notorious for encouraging interest in their personal lives.

I THINK Tony's learning that he'd rather discourage it and that's why it seems to me this whole thing with Candice Crawford is actually being kept under wraps. It's been outed, but we're not reading daily/weekly breathless reports of sightings or gushy reports about how in looooove they are, unlike the Jessica Simpson era. I find that encouraging because although I don't consider relationships to be a distraction, they can become one when 1 of the parties is drumming up media attention for it. So far that's not happening here and that's a good thing.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
235-786-DIRTY_php7GAJiT.jpg

Gravity 1, Jessica 0

Tony dumped her just in time.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Woody, with all due respect you are all wet about Jessica not being a distraction. Now if you want to ignore the obvious that is your call, but don't try and sell that soap because it won't wash.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;2929803 said:
Woody, with all due respect you are all wet about Jessica not being a distraction. Now if you want to ignore the obvious that is your call, but don't try and sell that soap because it won't wash.
What?

Hey, y'all are entitled to your opinion, as flawed as I think it is.

I think there have been alot of mitigating reasons why this team hasn't had any playoff success. I'm not willing to lay that at the feet of a woman who just happened to be in a relationship with the QB. Outside the boundaries of logic for me.