Tony could never come anywhere near 11-2

HomeBiscuit

Reaction score
..Oh no wait, he's 15-3 in his last 18 regular season games!!!

Seems a lot of us have forgotten.

Was his team anywhere near as good as this one? Did he have Lee in 2014 or Zeke?

I wish people would also stop with the, "I love Tony as much as anyone, but.." No. Shut up. You don't. Anyone with sense or true objectivity realizes that a 10 year elite vet is a much better option than a rookie no matter how amazing that rookie seems at times. Witten, Beasley, Dez, these are Romo's guys. The head coach. The OL. They've built chemistry over many years and deserve to be together for this run.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
I think we are crediting the quarter back too much and having to much expectations on them. The front line is where its at and they should get more credit for the success of the QB's and RB's. I dont think Romo can take the hits anymore; and believe me, I have sympathy pains for him because my old soccer injuries always rare their head when I think all is well and I do too much physically. Sanchez did pretty good for the Jets the first few seasons but his downfall with them may be because of the Jets front line and they lost a good running back. I think he may have good seasons still in him if he has a front line like Dallas does.

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
Romo isn't owed anything nor does he deserve something more. What he is though is better. I think Jones and Garrett think they have some house money right now with the gawdy record so they will preach patience and their confidence in Dak. Romo is the break glass in an emergency and that could come quick. A home game where Dak looks like crap with Giants already notching an earlier win on Sunday and there will be lots of pressure. Especially from the home fans. If Dak struggles the better not show Romo on the screen because the fans will create the controversy.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score

Was his team anywhere near as good as this one? Did he have Lee in 2014 or Zeke?

I wish people would also stop with the, "I love Tony as much as anyone, but.." No. Shut up. You don't. Anyone with sense or true objectivity realizes that a 10 year elite vet is a much better option than a rookie no matter how amazing that rookie seems at times. Witten, Beasley, Dez, these are Romo's guys. The head coach. The OL. They've built chemistry over many years and deserve to be together for this run.

Deserve? Had it not been for Dak we would have been maybe 2-5... waiting for Romo again... it would have been a repeat of 2015. Give Dak some credit. We're 11-2 because of STEADY QB PLAY... You can argue that you would like to see Tony come in (although I disagree) but Tony Romo has NOTHING to do with us having the best record in the league at this point. He didn't get us here. You sound stupid.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Deserve? Had it not been for Dak we would have been maybe 2-5... waiting for Romo again... it would have been a repeat of 2015. Give Dak some credit. We're 11-2 because of STEADY QB PLAY... You can argue that you would like to see Tony come in (although I disagree) but Tony Romo has NOTHING to do with us having the best record in the league at this point. He didn't get us here. You sound stupid.
I get a kick out of some who think we've won in spite of Dak.

calico

Reaction score
I hate being a "cowboy moderate" and liking both these guys right about now. I was ok with dak keeping the job while he rolled. Now, I'm ready for romo's veteran leadership and command of the offense. its a no win sit.

Last edited:

Silverstar

Reaction score
No one knows if Dak is going to become the next Tom Brady or the next Nick Foles. All we know, is that right now he's struggling as a rookie and has to perform better going forward this year. If he doesn't, you know what will happen like it or not.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I just wonder if this is what it was like during the Morton-Staubach controversy. If only the internet was around back then. lol

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

seriously?

tensions were not high enough around here, this was great. perfect. should calm things down, end all debate, allow fellowship and kindness to prosper during this wonderful season and end the divide.

thank you so much for this wonderful insight that simply wasn't found in the thousands of posts in dozens of threads already alive pondering this very quandrious dilemma.

calico

Reaction score
Uh, Romo was 12-1 back in 07 before getting a second loss. Anyone stating Romo could do it is a moron.
The revisionist history is amazing. I'm used to it from cowboy haters, but not "fans". the last giants game showed how much romo's ability at the line to adjust the play means to this team in the long run. it is a bland offense that relies on individuals winning matchup. this team has won them all year except against ny the last game. they needed that extra dimension dak hasn't yet developed.

Last edited:

romothesavior

Reaction score

I fully understand and appreciate both sides of this debate. I can see why people would lean one way or the other.

But what frustrates me immensely is how people act like Romo was some scrub who couldn't hang. Total disrespect by our so-called "fans."

If a healthy Romo was at the helm, I have no doubt this team would be 11-2 or better.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
I fully understand and appreciate both sides of this debate. I can see why people would lean one way or the other.

But what frustrates me immensely is how people act like Romo was some scrub who couldn't hang. Total disrespect by our so-called "fans."

If a healthy Romo was at the helm, I have no doubt this team would be 11-2 or better.

kinda frustrating for people to belittle what a rookie has accomplished and say romo would have done that too *this* year. not as if the "disrespect" is a one way street here.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

He would be about 7 - 6 right now well on his way to 8 - 8. This is all assuming his back actually held up for 3/4 of the season. A tenuous assumption at best.

Blake

Reaction score
I've read on this board that we lost to GB in the playoffs because of Romo lol.

We did. Jump ball on a manageable 4th and a couple with time left on the clock was a stupid stupid stupid decision for any supposed elite QB to make.