Tony could never come anywhere near 11-2

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Good quarterbacks make good decisions. Romo didnt. Even if we score there's time on the clock for GB who was eating our defense up. Stupid decision either way you cut it

And Romo's decision was, put the ball up to his jump ball receiver and allow him to make a big play. AGAIN the QB controls the pass, he does control the drop. He threw to a guy who had over 1,000 yards and 16 TDs on the year and had big catches in big moments that season.

Your argument here is piss poor. It has no legs to stand on. You're not good at debating, and I question your intellect.

The criticism on that play either needs to be directed at the refs or Dez.

With your argument here, for all you know, a drop could have happened by ANY receiver. You know, like how this routine pass was dropped in a key moment...

welker.gif

Don't waste my time with low effort arguments.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You guys really think that Dak has a better chance in the postseason with those throws jumping in the air, with his legs together, and a general inability to read coverage in 4 seconds?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
How do you think Dak would 'fare in the playoffs' with his current level of play?

Current level of play? So if Romo has one game under 100 qbr, he too should be benched because of his current level of play. More than likely Dak couldn't play in weather conditions in the early 30s. Said he ONLY played in 1 cold game in College before the Giants game. Our next cold game is in Philly and more than likely well have home field in the playoffs.

waving monkey

Reaction score
It's not my opinion that the pro Dakota fans think Romo isn't a more knowledgeable QB.
I have never once heard the Dakofans say any thing like that.
I am saying I like Dak's chances better because Romo is notoriously rusty coming in after a lay off.
If Bones came in and was hurt again We'd just bring Dakota back in .But I guarantee every snap
a collective nation would be holding their breath watching for a prone Bones down on the turf.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Current level of play? So if Romo has one game under 100 qbr, he too should be bench because of his current level of play.

Dak has had issues the past several games. I know that winning febreezes the stink but his accuracy and decision making have been on a downward spiral as of late.

It's the reason why its a discussion now.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
You guys really think that Dak has a better chance in the postseason with those throws jumping in the air, with his legs together, and a general inability to read coverage in 4 seconds?
You guys really think Tony can last longer than a couple of games? Probably couldn't last one game against a good defense.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It's not my opinion that the pro Dakota fans think Romo isn't a more knowledgeable QB.
I have never once heard the Dakofans say any thing like that.
I am saying I like Dak's chances better because Romo is notoriously rusty coming in after a lay off.
If Bones came in and was hurt again We'd just bring Dakota back in .But I guarantee every snap
a collective nation would be holding their breath watching for a prone Bones down on the turf.

So your concern is about fan angst including your own? Seems a horrible way to make a decision.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Better chance than Romo not getting up after 1 big hit in the playoffs.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You guys really think Tony can last longer than a couple of games? Probably couldn't last one game against a good defense.

If his doctors have cleared him to play then it is what it is. I think he would get rid of the ball quickly and not take as many shots as he used to with the stellar pass protection we have been providing our QB.

Romo doesn't require 6 seconds to read a defense.

marchetta

Reaction score
Could Tony get us to 11-2? Yes. But why would I pay a Tony $20M+ for the same record Dak can get me for only $600k? The sooner we develop Dak, the sooner we can say adios to Tony and that anchor of a contract. Use the freed up $ to rebuild our D and sign/resign FAs. The fact that Dak has shown he's a franchise QB allows us to move forward NOW and build a team that can compete for SBs for the next 10-15 years. If it means going throw growing pains this year, then so be it. We have to look long term and know that this experience that Dak is getting this year is going to propel this franchise forward a decade.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
If his doctors have cleared him to play then it is what it is. I think he would get rid of the ball quickly and not take as many shots as he used to with the stellar pass protection we have been providing our QB.

Romo doesn't require 6 seconds to read a defense.
Wasn't he cleared in pre-season? I was told he was the healthiest he was in a long while. I know it was a freak play.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
..Oh no wait, he's 15-3 in his last 18 regular season games!!!

Seems a lot of us have forgotten.

Was his team anywhere near as good as this one? Did he have Lee in 2014 or Zeke?

I wish people would also stop with the, "I love Tony as much as anyone, but.." No. Shut up. You don't. Anyone with sense or true objectivity realizes that a 10 year elite vet is a much better option than a rookie no matter how amazing that rookie seems at times. Witten, Beasley, Dez, these are Romo's guys. The head coach. The OL. They've built chemistry over many years and deserve to be together for this run.
How can you reference his W/L record over the past 18 games without pointing out he has been hurt MULTIPLE times...which is WHY Dak is playing? Romo without question is a better QB than Dak. But the coaching staff, the fanbase, the players...they have all be rejuvenated since Dak took over. The coaches are actually COACHING! Now that we have hit a bump....it will be interesting to see what the coaches will do...but to assume Romo would NOT have had untimely turnovers that would have cost us a lot of the close games we won this year...is a bad assumption. Especially based on what we have seen in the past. And this is coming from someone who has ALWAYS maintained that Romo was not the problem in Dallas. Romo has been asked to do too much over the years...and that has created some bad habits. Not saying Romo is un-coachable...but it is clear to me now that Romo controlled this offense....not Garrett/Linehan.

And though you might not like to hear it....there is a business element to this. As much as we all love Tony....if Dak can be the future....Romo will not be here next year. That is the SMART football decision...and that is something this organization must get back to.