Tony could never come anywhere near 11-2

mattjames2010

Reaction score
We did. Jump ball on a manageable 4th and a couple with time left on the clock was a stupid stupid stupid decision for any supposed elite QB to make.

Dumb. You mean perfect ball placement to the best jump ball receiver in the NFL (at the time), caught but didn't keep possession.

None of that is on Romo. Honestly, your intentional ignorance on nearly every topic is tiresome. Go back into hiding.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
..Oh no wait, he's 15-3 in his last 18 regular season games!!!

Seems a lot of us have forgotten.

Was his team anywhere near as good as this one? Did he have Lee in 2014 or Zeke?

I wish people would also stop with the, "I love Tony as much as anyone, but.." No. Shut up. You don't. Anyone with sense or true objectivity realizes that a 10 year elite vet is a much better option than a rookie no matter how amazing that rookie seems at times. Witten, Beasley, Dez, these are Romo's guys. The head coach. The OL. They've built chemistry over many years and deserve to be together for this run.

lol. This is Romo 2016, not 2014. This is Romo returning from another major injury. This is Tony Romo who couldn't take a hit in a preseason game vs the Seahawks. We know teams are salvitating to hit Romo again, putting him back on i.r.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
lol. This is Romo 2016, not 2014. This is Romo returning from another major injury. This is Tony Romo who couldn't take a hit in a preseason game vs the Seahawks. We know teams are salvitating to hit Romo again, putting him back on i.r.
And the ones that want Tony back refuse to comment on this . They want to ignore all this.

Blake

Reaction score
Dumb. You mean perfect ball placement to the best jump ball receiver in the NFL (at the time), caught but didn't keep possession.

None of that is on Romo. Honestly, your intentional ignorance on nearly every topic is tiresome. Go back into hiding.

It was on Romo to throw that stupid low percentage pass on a manageable 4 and 2 in which he should have moved the chains. He lost us the game...again.

The Natural

Reaction score

Was his team anywhere near as good as this one? Did he have Lee in 2014 or Zeke?

I wish people would also stop with the, "I love Tony as much as anyone, but.." No. Shut up. You don't. Anyone with sense or true objectivity realizes that a 10 year elite vet is a much better option than a rookie no matter how amazing that rookie seems at times. Witten, Beasley, Dez, these are Romo's guys. The head coach. The OL. They've built chemistry over many years and deserve to be together for this run.
How many of this team's last 18 games has Romo played in though?

Blake

Reaction score
Not the discussion, champ. Keep up.

Discussion is "Romo couldn't come close to 11-2"

Reading comprehension, critical thinking. Improve on it.

You would just prefer ignore the obvious and painful truth and try to recreate the narrative that Romo is somehow elite. I get it.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
No one knows if Dak is going to become the next Tom Brady or the next Nick Foles. All we know, is that right now he's struggling as a rookie and has to perform better going forward this year. If he doesn't, you know what will happen like it or not.

The OL pass blocking is the major reason Dak struggled (vs Giants both games). He didn't struggle the entire game vs Minny (best defense). Finished completing 66.7% passes, 108 qbr. Week before vs Washington, completed 70.8% passes, with a 108.9 qbr. His ONLY bad games were vs Giants, and one vs Philly. All the other has had over 100 qbr. 1 bad game, and now he is struggling and should be benched.

BoysWin

Reaction score

Well said HomeBisquit

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It was on Romo to throw that stupid low percentage pass on a manageable 4 and 2 in which he should have moved the chains. He lost us the game...again.

Again, bad argument is bad. You can continue to repeat it, it doesn't matter.

Was the ball perfectly placed, yes or no? Did Dez Bryant get his hands on it, pull it in or not?

You can discuss the catch, the THROW was not the issue. Next!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You would just prefer ignore the obvious and painful truth and try to recreate the narrative that Romo is somehow elite. I get it.

No, I'm keeping it in the context of this thread.

"Yeah...yeah..well did he win a playoff game!" - Not the discussion. Want to discuss that? Start a thread. Stop derailing.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Getting rid of Romo and allowing him to challenge father time elsewhere will be major therapy for many of our fans.

Blake

Reaction score
Again, bad argument is bad. You can continue to repeat it, it doesn't matter.

Was the ball perfectly placed, yes or no? Did Dez Bryant get his hands on it, pull it in or not?

You can discuss the catch, the THROW was not the issue. Next!

Good quarterbacks make good decisions. Romo didnt. Even if we score there's time on the clock for GB who was eating our defense up. Stupid decision either way you cut it

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
They keep referring that Dak is in a slump. 1 bad game, and now he is in a slump. I guess we should bench Zeke too, 2nd half vs Giants he was bad. 1st game vs Giants he was bad.
And while we're at it Dez is no good anymore. lol I just can't understand all this panic after 1 loss. You'd think we've lost 3 or 4 games in a row.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Please don't think I'm criticizing the thread topic because I'm not. Anything is fair game on a discussion forum. But the discussion of hypotheticals is somewhat pointless. We simply can't know what Romo would have done. I could say the Cowboys would have gone 2-11. Another could say we would be undefeated. But neither can prove either scenario.