Tony Dungy on pregame, “blessing in disguise”

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I don’t think he meant it that way. He didn’t choose his words well. It would have been better to point out that Dallas will need to lean on the run game to compete and leave it at that.

he is among the people that always get upset about this type of thing so he should get grief for what he said.

Big D

Reaction score
Dungy is right. We built the team to run the ball only every coach we've got thinks they're a wizard.

stiletto

Reaction score
Dungy is a Christian man. Christians are taught to speak and teach that from ultimate darkness there is always light. IMO he is just saying "look to the light". He could be totally clueless but I do not think he was being hateful or malicious..naive..maybe but not evil in the intent of his statement.

davidariust24

Reaction score
Dak getting injured should cause the team to refocus and get ready to rally behind Zeke and Dalton. We need to recommit to the run or at least have more balance. These young lineman should be full of energy and be ready to run. The receivers need to run block effectively again. The defense started looking like a defense again. Everyone wasn't looking lost. If Dalton will just be ready to deliver if we get behind and we play complimentary football. This team can turn somethings around.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dungy is a hater of Dallas anyway. Amazing he still has a job, he adds nothing.

garyo1954

Reaction score
I agree with him. These guys know they don't have Dak to rely on anymore. If they win or lose is all on them now.

Why does his opinion bother people so much? I don't get it. Why so much hate when people don't espouse your thinking?

erod

Reaction score
I’ll be honest, it came off as very tacky.
I don't think he meant it like he said it. Poor choice of words from a guy with no history of that.

But strangely, it might save Dallas a ton of money if they get Dak for less, so it could be just that.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Dungy is a Christian man. Christians are taught to speak and teach that from ultimate darkness there is always light. IMO he is just saying "look to the light". He could be totally clueless but I do not think he was being hateful or malicious..naive..maybe but not evil in the intent of his statement.

those first few words you typed mean absolutely nothing. In fact it tells me something very different about him and those like him.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Everybody knows Dak is a stat padder. Even the analysts started using terms like ‘empty calories’ for him.

Define “stat padder” and tell me how a player plays the game just to “pad stats”. Be explicit, detailed, and as coherent as possible. I know I’m asking a lot but try and use words bigger than “bum” too. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.