Tony Pollard = Alvin Harper

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Compare him to anyone you want to make an argument. The bottom line is the dude is effective. I just want that to continue.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Remember what Alvin harper was to Michael Irvin. A great complimentary WR.
But once he left to be a #1 Wr, I think he went too TB. He could not be the #1 guy.
Now maybe they did not have the surrounding team as Michael had. But he was still productive after Harper left. Harper was not.

This is what I see in Pollard. Very good combo of he and Zeke. And a great tandem when things are working and the OL is blocking.
But I see him to Zeke as Harper was to Irvin.
If Pollard leaves after his deal is up. He may not be able to handle a full time RB position.
He has already shown he can't do it here, not yet anyway. I hope he can, as we need both Tony and Zeke, that is the role he is best at.
I will not say he can't do it elsewhere, as we never will know until we see it, or not see it. But my feeling is, he would not.

I still love the idea of the dual threat, when things are going correctly.
However, Moore needs to get his head out of his butt. Because both of them, and these run up the middle for minimal gain is not working. Come on boy genius, be creative without tricks or gimmicks or being too cute with plays.

Different situation.

Harper benefitted from the attention Irvin got when they were on the field at the same time. Harper didn't have to deliver performance without Irvin on the field.

For the most part, Pollard and Zeke are splitting snaps, not on the field at the same time. When Pollard makes a big run, it's not because the defense was busy focusing on Zeke elsewhere.

It's entirely likely that Pollard isn't a bellcow back, able to take 100% of the load. That would just make him like most starting NFL backs.

But I do like the idea of a dual threat, with both on the field *at the same time*. Pollard seems like the perfect RB/WR hybrid we had been looking for for years. Legitimate RB. Legitimate deep speed. Pollard in motion for jet sweeps or simply motioned wide for deep attacks on mismatvhes with LBs. Pollard threatens wide and deep, while Zeke threatens the middle.

Big disappointment that we've never gotten that going. Seemed like we were trending toward that kind of backfield motion attack for a while, but I don't see it much anymore.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That’s not what I’m talking about. There are games where pollard gets half the Carrie’s when zeke can barely run. It’s ridiculous.

if your a big zeke fan that’s up to you. Personally I can wait till his salary and hold on the running game is gone.
You have trouble reading, lol. I couldn't possibly explain my stance any clearer and you continue to ignore it and assume I'm rescuing Elliott. We'll see who can "barely run" on Sunday.

Some fans just can't handle fans you route for the whole team.

Mannix

Reaction score
Remember what Alvin harper was to Michael Irvin. A great complimentary WR.
But once he left to be a #1 Wr, I think he went too TB. He could not be the #1 guy.
Now maybe they did not have the surrounding team as Michael had. But he was still productive after Harper left. Harper was not.

This is what I see in Pollard. Very good combo of he and Zeke. And a great tandem when things are working and the OL is blocking.
But I see him to Zeke as Harper was to Irvin.
If Pollard leaves after his deal is up. He may not be able to handle a full time RB position.
He has already shown he can't do it here, not yet anyway. I hope he can, as we need both Tony and Zeke, that is the role he is best at.
I will not say he can't do it elsewhere, as we never will know until we see it, or not see it. But my feeling is, he would not.

I still love the idea of the dual threat, when things are going correctly.
However, Moore needs to get his head out of his butt. Because both of them, and these run up the middle for minimal gain is not working. Come on boy genius, be creative without tricks or gimmicks or being too cute with plays.
Pollard is NOT an every down RB!!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You have trouble reading, lol. I couldn't possibly explain my stance any clearer and you continue to ignore it and assume I'm rescuing Elliott. We'll see who can "barely run" on Sunday.

Some fans just can't handle fans you route for the whole team.

Dies it matter if he runs on Sunday? Lol

he has sucked for 6 weeks straight. At some point we would think the line would block. As if your some brave guy. Lol

knowing pollard probably won’t play. You are nothing more than a pathetic zeke cry baby.

zeke isn’t worth the money. End of story, you lose,

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dies it matter if he runs on Sunday? Lol

he has sucked for 6 weeks straight. At some point we would think the line would block. As if your some brave guy. Lol

knowing pollard probably won’t play. You are nothing more than a pathetic zeke cry baby.

zeke isn’t worth the money. End of story, you lose,
Lol!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Zeke isn’t top 5, not even top 10. Pollard has averaged more in the run game and passing game for 3 years.

4th round pick. Lol

15 million dollar blocking turd.
Take a breath.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Different situation.

Harper benefitted from the attention Irvin got when they were on the field at the same time. Harper didn't have to deliver performance without Irvin on the field.

For the most part, Pollard and Zeke are splitting snaps, not on the field at the same time. When Pollard makes a big run, it's not because the defense was busy focusing on Zeke elsewhere.

It's entirely likely that Pollard isn't a bellcow back, able to take 100% of the load. That would just make him like most starting NFL backs.

But I do like the idea of a dual threat, with both on the field *at the same time*. Pollard seems like the perfect RB/WR hybrid we had been looking for for years. Legitimate RB. Legitimate deep speed. Pollard in motion for jet sweeps or simply motioned wide for deep attacks on mismatvhes with LBs. Pollard threatens wide and deep, while Zeke threatens the middle.

Big disappointment that we've never gotten that going. Seemed like we were trending toward that kind of backfield motion attack for a while, but I don't see it much anymore.

Great post.

kskboys

Reaction score
Good one.
I think a long time ago we let go a really good long-term backup QB in the same manner.
Matt Moore!!!!! I was thinking the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only that, instead we kept noodle armed Brad Johnson!!!! Dude couldn't even throw 20 yards anymore.

kskboys

Reaction score
That’s not what I’m talking about. There are games where pollard gets half the Carrie’s when zeke can barely run. It’s ridiculous.

if your a big zeke fan that’s up to you. Personally I can wait till his salary and hold on the running game is gone.
We'll be better off as a team when several overpaid players are off the cap.