Twitter: Tony Pollard/Parsons/OL Updates - 12/10/21

conner01

Reaction score
conner01---- i am co-signing with Dak and Cooper the check big Mike signed Guaranteeing win over WFT......heard big Mike was real tired of a shmuck like me having all the Plat gurantees?
He’s just copying you

conner01

Reaction score
CR--- could we not put Steele at RT and Collins LG...i beleive that is best 5 along with other 3
It may be
But oline continuity is so important that at this point I’d leave it alone if possible
Too much changing has hurt the production of the oline already

plymkr

Reaction score
it cant.
I think they are thinking of letting him play hurt, you know some pain killer and put him out there.
How pollard feels about all this I dont know. Maybe they just want wash to think he might play. There is no telling what may happen this game or down the road.

I think if I were HC, I would sit him till playoffs or last game with eagles. Try to have him healthy for playoffs.
I heard that he ruptured it on the big TD run. But he played the rest of the game. I wonder how much of that could have been adrenaline or if they shot him up. I've injured my plantar fascia. It sucks. It hurts. If we could I'd sit him till the playoffs cuz we're going to need everything in the playoffs. But he didn't look bad after that run. So who knows

plasticman

Reaction score
I'm totally stoked about the defensive line. We are going to see the projected preseason starters together for the first time this season.

They may not jell on Sunday, but they will get better each week including the playoffs.

The defensive line is going to be the Cowboys wildcard for the rest of the season. I predict violence.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
CR--- could we not put Steele at RT and Collins LG...i beleive that is best 5 along with other 3

First, only my friends call me CR. I am glad to know we are friends, @GORICO. You're a real one.

Second, I disagree. Steele has vastly improved and earned his way as a swing tackle, but I do believe at this point Collins is better at RT than he would be at LG. I actually was not a huge fan of him at LG - I thought Leary was better when Collins took his job, and that the position improved when Leary took back over back in the day. I think Collins is a RT at this point and better suited to play there than steele.

fivetwos

Reaction score
He should.....if he can play, PLAY!
I hear that sentiment coach....

It's along the lines of me not liking Lamb returning punts in certain spots either.

You have ST dudes and backups like Wilson for that stuff.

I realize Pollard broke one recently, but if we lose him on offense the rest of the way on a kickoff...I don't know. Don't want to turn this into an Ezekiel Elliott debate yet again, but we need Pollard in the backfield if we are going to get where we want to be.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hear that sentiment coach....

It's along the lines of me not liking Lamb returning punts in certain spots either.

You have ST dudes and backups like Wilson for that stuff.

I realize Pollard broke one recently, but if we lose him on offense the rest of the way on a kickoff...I don't know. Don't want to turn this into an Ezekiel Elliott debate yet again, but we need Pollard in the backfield if we are going to get where we want to be.
All I'm saying is, if you can play, play.....

fivetwos

Reaction score
All I'm saying is, if you can play, play.....
I respect that and hear you.

At RB you mean yes??

:laugh:

Nah I'm just saying....IF they need to lighten his load....maybe that's a way to do it.

There IS an in between....where you can suit up but it may be in everyone's best interest that be on a limited basis.

Rather him get an extra carry for each KO return he doesn't do.

But really, I hear your point....if you can play...then play.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score

The way this OL has played the last couple of games I'd go Smith Collins Williams Biadasz Martin McGovern Steele, and announce two of them as eligible receivers each play lol.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I respect that and hear you.

At RB you mean yes??

:laugh:

Nah I'm just saying....IF they need to lighten his load....maybe that's a way to do it.

There IS an in between....where you can suit up but it may be in everyone's best interest that be on a limited basis.

Rather him get an extra carry for each KO return he doesn't do.

But really, I hear your point....if you can play...then play.
I had a RB play with a torn acl.....gave him an old fashioned figure 8 tape job and be went for over 100 yards an a td.....against the number one ranked team in the state....we were ranked 8th. If he can play, play.....we can rest when we're dead

GORICO

Reaction score
I had a RB play with a torn acl.....gave him an old fashioned figure 8 tape job and be went for over 100 yards an a td.....against the number one ranked team in the state....we were ranked 8th. If he can play, play.....we can rest when we're dead

dang Ranching--- i think those days players played til they fell over dead....now guys sit out a game or 2 for a hang-nail

GORICO

Reaction score
It may be
But oline continuity is so important that at this point I’d leave it alone if possible
Too much changing has hurt the production of the oline already

totally agree....several former QB's spoke on that....and continuity gives them most peace of mind unless you just have a real bad O line...which we dont