Tony Pollard was never the Problem

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Tony Pollard showed his speed, quickness, agility, and strength today. He has not been the issue.

If Pollard gets good blocking he will have a VERY strong rest of the season.

Fans thinking he is not a legitimate starting running back are clueless!

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tony Pollard showed his speed, quickness, agility, and strength today. He has not been the issue.

If Pollard gets good blocking he will have a VERY strong rest of the season.

Fans thinking he is not a legitimate starting running back are clueless!
I think he is a legit starter but he hasn’t looked quite as good as years past until the last two games
I like them sticking to 15-18 touches with him
Instead of 25
Keep him fresh

links18

Reaction score
Still too much predictable running of Pollard into a wall on early downs putting us behind the chains. He is better running to the edge, but you can't just do that and be a lead back. Need to figure out the right workload balance between Pollard and Dowdle. We aren't there yet. I did notice Pollard was very good in pass protection this game. I haven't watched Dowdle in that aspect of his game, so maybe they don't trust him fully yet to keep Dak from getting injured?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Tony Pollard looked fast, strong, and elusive today.
It really helps when the O line gives him good blocking too. Pollard has never been the problem this year!
We ran him a lot to the outside in this game. Probably mainly because of Washington's DTs, but I'm hoping that instead it's us finally recognizing that he's at his best when we get him out in space around the tackles.

Motorola

Reaction score
They’re also adapting and giving him more outside run concepts and pitches. Dowdell is also become more thunder to his lightening
Dowdle only had 3 - THREE - carries today...that doesn't make him 'thunder' in my opinion.
Cowboys need to balance out the rushes between him and Pollard so #20 isn't worn out when the playoffs begin.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
It was always going to take time for the OL to gel with a new offense and a new OL coach (and blocking scheme).

Throw in the little nagging injuries the OL started off the season with and it is no surprise that they didn’t really start getting things right until about mid-season.

Things will only get better from here as long as they stay healthy.