Tony Romo’s 38 TD breakdown

khiladi

Reaction score
Man this is such a bull crap take. If you are old enough to remember Romo took alot of sacks because he held the ball so long. Do people forget Romos Houdini acts in the pocket to buy time. It caught up with him. Romo fans love to blame everything on everyone else. He didn't win squat here and people fawn over him because of his regular season stats.

Nobody on the planet says the offenses Moore runs us simple and a joke. They said that explicitly about Garrett all the time at the height of his ‘genius. Anybody that watched Garrett in NY, including Giants fans, now how incompetent he was.

The Cowboys were dead last in rushing attempts when Jerry got almost as angry as he is now, when he started stripping Jason of power, forcing Hudson Houck into retirement and telling John Garrett, Jason’s brother, to go find a new job.

There is a difference between Romo holding onto the ball and Dak just being horrible in the pocket.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Khiladi is my real life brother. Although I’m not anti-Dak like him, it’s obvious to anyone who knows anything about football that Romo is the superior QB — smarter, more accurate, better pocket presence, sounder mechanics, quicker release, etc. — held back more by the organization, personnel, coaching, and teams around him than vice versa. This idea that he made more “boneheaded” mistakes than other very good to great QBs is a total myth. Negativity amplified by the anti-Cowboys elements in the media, a large proportion of which corresponding to anti-Cowboys elements in the NFL fan base. I also do not get the Romo hate, because as a player, he was everything that signified meritocracy, hard work, improvement, and dedication to the game. He was only a “loser” to those who couldn’t accomplish even a tenth of what he did.
Great post, I agree with every word.

At one point I do remember he had the best 4th quarter passing stats of all time. It's a ship that has sailed, but I will always wonder what could have been.