Tony Romo’s 38 TD breakdown

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The discussion is NOT about our satisfaction with divisional rounds. You need to create your own thread, if that's your interest.
Sure seems like it for people to be boasting about gifs of Romo sitting in a pocket for 10 seconds and dissecting defenses lol. It resulted in NOTHING. Nothing but a loss.

dckid

Reaction score
Dak Prescott = worst contract in the NFL or would it be more pertinent to just say team sport?
I think Goff and Wentz took the title from him.. i mean those two are worst than Dak.. lol

dckid

Reaction score
I remember when only Fans of other teams would constantly say this to bust a Cowboys Fans balls.

Now 7 years later its all you ever hear from half this Fan Base for no other reason then to prop up the LEGEND OF DAK
Dude, we are on the same side when it comes to Dak. I think longing for the days of Romo are misguided. He was a good exciting QB, we should have at least got to one championship game. Please note I didnt say win a SB. The 2007,2009, 2014 teams had the ability to get to the championship round. He had a lot of dissapointing losses, whether it was losing in the last game of the season to make the playoffs at least twice that I can remember off the top of my head, 2012 to the Skins, a couple years earlier to the Giants. I loved Romo, thought was underrated, better than Dak from an excitement perspective especially early in his career when he was very athletic.
The bottom line is and it pains me to say it, he had more memorable losses and boneheaded mistakes than winning moments. Again I don't like Dak, I think he is an average good QB and that it. Its not a zero sum game where someone says x about Romo and that means y about Dak.
You ask most level headed Cowboys fans when Romo retired.. the majority just shrugged their shoulders. 2006-2016..

FVSTONE

Reaction score
The following article breaks down Tony Romo’s 38 TD breakdown in 2014-2015, with GIFs for 9 of them, which include a bird’s eye view of him moving in the pocket. It’s actually an incredibly good article for those interested.

The play 6 breakdown on the second page, which includes the pump to the WR which he pulls back and continues with his progressions, while maneuvering the pocket and throwing that dime, is crazy, though plenty of them are. That’s elite QB play.

BelatedBelatedEagle-size_restricted.gif

EnragedCanineIsopod-size_restricted.gif

http://nflbreakdowns.com/2015/07/tony-romos-38-touchdowns-2014/
Unfortunately for us we have a TEN TOE SLOTH quarterbacking this team so take "ELITE" out of the equation. Dam, ROMO looks sweet in the pocket, I miss those days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DFWJC

Reaction score
2014 thru 2019……6 years of great offensive lines

2007, 2009, 2021….3 years of .good to very good offensive lines

2020 overly injured line

2010-2013……4 yeas of anywhere from putrid to mediocre offensive lines

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Next year will be 7 years removed from Romo. That's two generations in NFL time.

Can we move on, and I loved the guy.

It will be the year 2040 and some Cowboys fans are never going to move on from Romo.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
You Romosexuals are the absolute worst. A joke.

What's funny is this poster picks 2 gifs showing and proving how Romo had a much better line that gave him 7+ seconds to stay in the pocket, follow through his progressions and find the WR who eventually got open late. Yet, at the same time, he's in every thread saying that Dak sucks even though Dak's Oline struggles to give him more than 2.5 seconds.

Most bias, untruthful and with the biggest agenda posters around.

Yeah this is proving that one constant narrative that Romo never had good OLs to work with is false. Along with other false narratives which have occurred since Romo has retired. Some still are trying to set the narrative that Romo single handily carried the teams he had by himself and gives him credit for any success the team had with him. But, then say that it's all the team for why the franchise could only win 2 playoff games with Romo. But, at the same time say that Dak is is mostly to blame for the Cowboys being 1-3 in the playoffs with him as the QB. Despite the fact that Romo was 1-3 around the same time as a starter and it took him several seasons more before he could even get his 2nd playoff win.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yeah this is proving that one constant narrative that Romo never had good OLs to work with is false. Along with other false narratives which have occurred since Romo has retired. Some still are trying to set the narrative that Romo single handily carried the teams he had by himself and gives him credit for any success the team had with him. But, then say that it's all the team for why the franchise could only win 2 playoff games with Romo. But, at the same time say that Dak is is mostly to blame for the Cowboys being 1-3 in the playoffs with him as the QB. Despite the fact that Romo was 1-3 around the same time as a starter and it took him several seasons more before he could even get his 2nd playoff win.
Agree that itwould be an awful narrative.

But really, Im nit Ive ever once heard someone say Romo never had a good or great line.

Every Cowboy fan knows that line in 2014 (the year of this film) was outstanding.
And that led to the first QB in NFL history to lead the league in Passer Rating for Pkayoffs and Regular season.

But yeah, if they said that they were wrong.
He had about 4 years of awful lines and 4 years of good to even great lines

Swagger

Reaction score
I think Goff and Wentz took the title from him.. i mean those two are worst than Dak.. lol
In terms of how much they are paid, Prescott's is still worse but fair play, they are also very bad contracts.

Gaede

Reaction score
It will be the year 2040 and some Cowboys fans are never going to move on from Romo.

What's so funny about our fans is that we had the same ******* arguments about Romo that we do about Dak.

Romo would put up 300yds two tds, but miss some easy plays or toss an INT, and the board would debate his quality for 4 straight days. It really doesn't matter. Soon as a guy gets a big contract, we turn Judas on him

The whole mythology of Romo has been constructed in retrospect

starman22

Reaction score
What I find funny (not really) are the posters that blamed everything on Romo while he was playing, but now with Dak it's coaching, oline, receivers, defense etc. You guys do realize that for most of their careers they played for the same head coach, have had similar line play (I actually believe that Romo at one time had the worst of the bunch), defenses that can't hold a lead or get off the field on third and long. It is not as much the QB as it is the guy hiring the coaches and creating the country club atmosphere / doing interviews the coaches should be doing.

Our last 2 qb's have eerily similar records at this point in their careers.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
You think the results will be different with different quarterbacks lol....damn...I remember my days of being that naive lol.
I'm just looking for solutions. So far, Bledsoe, not the solution. Henson, not the solution. Hutchinson, not the solution. The 10 other QBs inbetween including Carter, not the solution. Romo, not the solution, Dak, not the solution.

The one thing Jerry hasn't tried in 32 years is the 1st round solution. Try it, and keep trying it until you succeed. That's all I've got.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm just looking for solutions. So far, Bledsoe, not the solution. Henson, not the solution. Hutchinson, not the solution. The 10 other QBs inbetween including Carter, not the solution. Romo, not the solution, Dak, not the solution.

The one thing Jerry hasn't tried in 32 years is the 1st round solution. Try it, and keep trying it until you succeed. That's all I've got.
He tried it...he tried to draft Johnny Manziel and Paxton Lynch....