Tony Romo a Top 40 QB of all-time as ranked by relative ANY/A

randy932

Reaction score
No. Knowledgeable fans agree that it takes more than ONE player (albeit QB) to be successful. Since when has Romo ever had a TEAM around him that accentuates his positive traits? Romo never walked into a season without missing major key components. Ever!

Yeah, that's right. After all, he only had 12 Pro-bowlers to help in in 2007 and only a measly 9 Pro-bowlers in 2009.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Yea man you did, you did. I just get giddy man, just giddy thinking about one of our own "Realists" from the Zone as a potential guest or even regular on First Take with Screamin A and Skippy. Just giddy man, just giddy.

Did you read the article?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not interested in whether he is top 40 or top 100. I am interested in him leading this team to becoming a better overall team and making less mistakes in crunch time. He can only do so much for the team overall, but there is room for improvement in his game, no doubt.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I'm not interested in whether he is top 40 or top 100. I am interested in him leading this team to becoming a better overall team and making less mistakes in crunch time. He can only do so much for the team overall, but there is room for improvement in his game, no doubt.

Maybe this is the year? Romo is a good solider but he hasn't been a leader up until this point in his career.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I was calling out those who dislike Romo even though they are Cowboys fans. Romo might not be perfect but he significantly better than any QB we had after Aikman. That's all.

I actually think that from a pure talent perspective, Romo is very good indeed. I don't believe that Romo's issues stem from his inability to play the position at a high level. I believe that if Romo played for a Coach who did not allow so much freedom in the offense to Romo, he would be better off. I think Romo tries to do to much at times and it hurts him in big moments. Having said this, there is no question that Romo is the best QB we've had since Troy. I would never argue that point. A person would have to be a fool to do that.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
No. Knowledgeable fans agree that it takes more than ONE player (albeit QB) to be successful. Since when has Romo ever had a TEAM around him that accentuates his positive traits? Romo never walked into a season without missing major key components. Ever!

Every team in the NFL faces these issues. The key is what you do to overcome those deficiencies. If Romo or any Dallas QB has to have a team that is perfect in every respect, to win, then we are never going to win cause that day is never coming to the NFL.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Maybe this is the year? Romo is a good solider but he hasn't been a leader up until this point in his career.

I feel the same way. I don't consider him a great leader. And I guess in retrospect it does not have to be the QB.
Michael Irvin was the leader of those 90's teams right?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Love the OP. And I've been waiting anxiously for the new release of 'The Continuing Saga of Tony Romo'.***in theatres soon***

Please cue the batman video done up for Romo... Gave me chills. I would love that to be the case.... "You've given them everything...... No, not everything"

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I think Michael was the inspirational guy but I think Troy was the undisputed leader of that team. Others may disagree but that's what I have thought.

Ok. Those teams are just video to me. I always see Michael giving the pep talks on the highlight films, etc.

I see Tom Brady a lot on their sidelines giving guys hell or giving pep talks. Just doesn't seem to be Tony's niche but I really do not know who the "leader" of this team is.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Ok. Those teams are just video to me. I always see Michael giving the pep talks on the highlight films, etc.

I see Tom Brady a lot on their sidelines giving guys hell or giving pep talks. Just doesn't seem to be Tony's niche but I really do not know who the "leader" of this team is.

I have to agree. I also think that's part of the problem. I am not in the locker room so I can not say how strong a leader Tony is or is not but I do agree, we don't see it from him on camera very often.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I have to agree. I also think that's part of the problem. I am not in the locker room so I can not say how strong a leader Tony is or is not but I do agree, we don't see it from him on camera very often.

It was never, ever seen from Troy either. I watched every single game he ever played in. It was stunning to find out years later, when the NFL Films stuff was circulated, that Troy was actually an amazing leader.

People trying to judge Romo's leadership from their living rooms are a joke, but it's usually the same posters (ufcrules1 and his miserable ilk) who don't watch the games in the first place. So it's no surprise.

Animosity

Reaction score

Let's be realists here. Romo, 35, passed his prime, coming back from a major injury.

There's a good chance Romo is done as a starter in this league.

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
Here's where Romo ranks relative to the 23 current HOF QBs in relative ANY/A.

1. Norm Van Brocklin
3. Steve Young
4. Len Dawson
5. Roger Staubach
6. Johnny Unitas
7. Otto Graham
8. Dan Fouts
9. Dan Marino
13. Joe Montana
16. Y.A. Tittle
19. Fran Tarkenton
21. Bart Starr
24. Sonny Jurgensen
28. Joe Namath
33. Bobby Layne
34. Bob Greise

36. Tony Romo

37. Terry Bradshaw
38. Troy Aikman
42. Warren Moon
43. John Elway
45. Jim Kelly
53. George Blanda

Not Ranked - Bob Waterfield

DFWJC

Reaction score
So what did all those Pro Bowler do to screw things up?

I think we all know only about 5-6 of those guys deserved the Pro Bowl. But that's still a lot.
Wish they'd done even better, But that team did pretty good:
13-3
Division winner
2nd round loss in a very close game to the Super Bowl winner.