Tony Romo a Top 40 QB of all-time as ranked by relative ANY/A

DFWJC

Reaction score
I wasn't saying that you cared about ratings, what I'm saying is that they along with SF play a hardnosed type of football that puts emphasis on the running game and physical defense and those 2 things don't sell tickets.

ok

With our oline, maybe we can do more of that on offense. Just dreaming.
You also have top have the defense to pull it off as well.

birdwells1

Reaction score
ok

With our oline, maybe we can do more of that on offense. Just dreaming.
You also have top have the defense to pull it off as well.

I actually think they are building the oline to be able to run the ball more efficiently, now if Marinelli can get some pressure from the dline then we might have something. Invest in the trenches and figure the rest out as you go.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
I have no idea what you just said.

LL

itsaboat

Reaction score
I never claimed that he was better or worse. I simply said that it would not be hard to find 50 QBs who have had a better career to this point. For the record, none of the people you mention above would make the list either. The point is that you don't simply claim that people simply don't have a clue or are stupid or whatever the case simply because they have a different opinion. It's just different, that's all.

I was calling out those who dislike Romo even though they are Cowboys fans. Romo might not be perfect but he significantly better than any QB we had after Aikman. That's all.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I don't believe this is true. People are entitled to their own opinions and because they may not agree with the "Romo above all" line of thought, does not mean that they are ignorant or simply don't remember anything before Aikman. That's just inaccurate.

No. Knowledgeable fans agree that it takes more than ONE player (albeit QB) to be successful. Since when has Romo ever had a TEAM around him that accentuates his positive traits? Romo never walked into a season without missing major key components. Ever!

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
He sure is but is that really saying a lot? We had garbage QB's here thanks to pathetic drafting. That doesn't make Romo some kind of elite QB, it really just shows how bad the team drafted all those years.

But yet stats prove that Romo is indeed elite. The teams around Romo have been pretty bad. But Romo has been damn good.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
No, stats alone don't prove ANY QB is elite. Romo is NOT an elite QB. Sorry.

Im serious man, you should get Screamin A & Skippy to read your posts here and they might invite you on the show when they talk about Jerry and the Cowboys.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Never heard of them... who are they?

https://encrypted-tbn3.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS04P6Ou84mCSGLW2SIFlV3AoVm3OtogF7iocKk1Elw194ZQ_mh

You could replace Zimmerman in this pic and be a part of the show for the weekly Cowboys bashing.

hqdefault.jpg

ufcrules1

Reaction score

randy932

Reaction score
http://www.footballperspective.com/checkdowns-judging-qbs-by-their-top-5-seasons/

by Chase Stuart on March 19, 2014.

A fantastic read, a statistically backed argument on the greatest 100 quarterbacks of all-time.

The hate Tony Romo gets is criminal, almost ignorant. It is time for the world to acknowledge that he is a fantastic football player who hasn't been successful in the playoffs yet, because football is a team sport. Romo deserves better.

We are lucky to have him and I will say this, Romo is the best player in the team, it is time to build and direct our attention towards the remaining 52.

What a cool thread. This is the first time this subject has ever been debated on this board I believe.

randy932

Reaction score
I was calling out those who dislike Romo even though they are Cowboys fans. Romo might not be perfect but he significantly better than any QB we had after Aikman. That's all.

You mean you think he is better than Hutchinson or Carter? I am shocked at your suggestion.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
lol.. I got you to post pictures and everything.

Yea man you did, you did. I just get giddy man, just giddy thinking about one of our own "Realists" from the Zone as a potential guest or even regular on First Take with Screamin A and Skippy. Just giddy man, just giddy.