Tony Romo Appreciation Thread

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I miss this guy man. The last time we faced a legitimate SB contender on the road in early October, he bailed us out and made plays.

Letting Dak remain the starter is Jerry’s biggest blunder since firing Jimmy

I was a huge Romo guy but in the end he never got us over the hump either. I definitely would have loved to see if 2016 would have been different for him with that stacked team around him.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I was a huge Romo guy but in the end he never got us over the hump either. I definitely would have loved to see if 2016 would have been different for him with that stacked team around him.
He gave us a chance. Always gave us a chance man.

“Scheme” “Route Running” “Nobody open” were never used as excuses when he was under center. He overcame all of that for the most part.

fredp22

Reaction score
he never won anything. He's like this years team. if the competition is mediocre he was great- it the competition had any talent he folded like this team yesterday.
I would take Danny White over Romo in a second

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Cool. Still 100x better than the scrub we have now. There is no way a fair-minded fan can think these two are in the same stratosphere
They aren't. Never really thought they were. At least Romo could drive the team down field.The Dak we have now is playing scared and McCarthy is coaching scared, afraid of Dak making a mistake. Can't win games that way.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
he never won anything. He's like this years team. if the competition is mediocre he was great- it the competition had any talent he folded like this team yesterday.
I would take Danny White over Romo in a second
LOL

Romo led-teams beat the undefeated Saints in 09 (team that won the SB), the undefeated Colts (team that won the SB, the 49ers with puncture lungs (team that was in the NFCCG) and a slew of other good teams.

Dak cant even beat Mr. Irrelevant or Jimmy G

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Both Romo and Dak are in the same category. Overrated, people have short term memory. I'll never forget the 3 seasons that we needed a win and in games against Washington, Eagles, and Giants and we lose all 3. Lol both are a joke
1. Romo only played in two of those games

2. Compare the roster and coaching staffs to the team we have now

3. One of those teams went on to beat Tom Brady in the Super Bowl that year

jwitten82

Reaction score
1. Romo only played in two of those games

2. Compare the roster and coaching staffs to the team we have now

3. One of those teams went on to beat Tom Brady in the Super Bowl that year
Lol look I give Romo a slight edge over Dak, but anyone thinking he was this elite QB is fooling themselves. Romo did lose to eagles in 2008 in a win and in game too, both qbs are chokers. It is what it is

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
if tony only had talent around him or coaching for much of his career we'd be talkin multiple SBs
he had a lot of talent around him tbf. But coaching was abysmal and they never seemed to get it all together offense-defense wise. Maybe 07/09 was the two best teams hes had in terms of that

fredp22

Reaction score
LOL

Romo led-teams beat the undefeated Saints in 09 (team that won the SB), the undefeated Colts (team that won the SB, the 49ers with puncture lungs (team that was in the NFCCG) and a slew of other good teams.

Dak cant even beat Mr. Irrelevant or Jimmy G
Romo won nothing...nothing. I dont care about meaningless wins- he won nothing when it mattered and had a problem of freezing when the game was important. White at least usually got is into the middle of the playoffs and was "the catch" away from the SB.
Romos 3 straight 8-8 last game losses to get into the playoffs was not bad luck-it locked in his legacy.
I would take White over Romo for a pressure game every time