Tony Romo Appreciation Thread

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Romo won nothing...nothing. I dont care about meaningless wins- he won nothing when it mattered and had a problem of freezing when the game was important. White at least usually got is into the middle of the playoffs and was "the catch" away from the SB.
Romos 3 straight 8-8 last game losses to get into the playoffs was not bad luck-it locked in his legacy.
I would take White over Romo for a pressure game every time
Danny White was coached by Tom Landry and had HOFers all throughout his rosters

Tony Romo had Jason Friggin Garrett. A man that couldnt get a head coaching job after he was let go of and was out of the league 2 years later.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
As much as we need Jerry to move beyond the fantasy that Dak is the answer, we as a forum need to move beyond:
- Dak vs Romo debates
- Complaining about Garret
- Scapegoating Moore
- Whining about the refs
- Complaining about league wide conspiracies against the Cowboys

It's all the same soft, whiny mentality (this isn't directed at you OP I almost always like your posts).

fredp22

Reaction score
Danny White was coached by Tom Landry and had HOFers all throughout his rosters

Tony Romo had Jason Friggin Garrett. A man that couldnt get a head coaching job after he was let go of and was out of the league 2 years later.
agree but White could handle pressure- Romo couldnt. I dk why people keep ignoring that

BoysForLife

Reaction score
if tony only had talent around him or coaching for much of his career we'd be talkin multiple SBs
And by the time we finally did get talent around him at the end of his run, his body was breaking down from years of abuse behind porous blocking (remember Jerry "we don't need to draft off line we've got Romo")

Totally wasted his prime years

And then blew his last real shot on the bum we have now

Borderline criminal how that was handled

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
“Why are yall starved for a QB with only 2 playoff wins??”

Why? Because he was much better than the QB we have now. He was actually fun to watch (the most exciting QB in the league during his time). Dude made plays and you never felt dead in the water with him at the helm

I never understood the whole how do you miss a QB thats never won anything. So Dolphins fans cant miss Dan Marino?

NumOneQB

Reaction score
This thread is more pathetic than Dak’s play last night.

shabazz

Reaction score
We would still have lost and Tony may have thrown some picks too but he’d would have still hung over 20 on the Niners yesterday……..12 points last year and 10 this year. Soft

At least Tonys detractors still have to listen to him commenting during games, lol

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I love Romo. Still have love for Dak too even though he’s regressed so bad he officially sucks now.

But Romo had several games like this too.

See 2008 season finale and Div round @ Minny

Cmac

Reaction score
So now it is honor TRomo time? The classic chokester. Where is the I love my TE posts? I see why other fans love laughing at Cowboy fans. This is too funny.

Eddie

Reaction score
How many playoff games and Super Bowls did Romo win for us ???

shabazz

Reaction score
I love Romo. Still have love for Dak too even though he’s regressed so bad he officially sucks now.

But Romo had several games like this too.

See 2008 season finale and Div round @ Minny
True, but that was after just 3 full seasons……not 8 like Rayne.

Redline360

Reaction score
In before the fantasy "stat" mouth breathers show up.

Like I said from day one, Prescott doesn't hold a candle to Romos abilities. Prior to his injury he looked to be coming around the corner and taking the next step however he has been regressing. No one with two active brain cells can honestly say Dak is anywhere close to Romo

Honestly it was one of Jerrys biggest mistakes giving Dak the nod in 2016. Eventually it would have become Daks team but was way to early.

Will stand the ground that Cousins is better then Dak.