Tony Romo Appreciation Thread

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you ask him/her for the radar calibration cert? :laugh:
Nope. Nobody will ever catch me on TikTok intentionally or accidentally escalating a traffic stop for any reason. I prefer fighting any battle like those inside a courtroom instead of on a highway shoulder. ;)

You are dang dirty criminal sheesh! 4 over. Crimes against humanity!
I mean FOUR miles over. I have driven that stretch of road for over 40 years. Driven by parked state and deputy sheriff patrol cars doing 60 forever. Guys have never moved. Never flashed their lights. Then I do a 59 and get a ticket. I messed up driving SLOWER than usual.

:laugh:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope. Nobody will ever catch me on TikTok intentionally or accidentally escalating a traffic stop for any reason. I prefer fighting any battle like those inside a courtroom instead of on a highway shoulder. ;)

I mean FOUR miles over. I have driven that stretch of road for over 40 years. Driven by parked state and deputy sheriff patrol cars doing 60 forever. Guys have never moved. Never flashed their lights. Then I do a 59 and get a ticket. I messed up driving SLOWER than usual.

:laugh:
I concur! Best thing to do is comply! Not a good time to argue right or wrong.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Throw in the Dez no-catch and that might move the needle for me, lol.
I don’t want to get that started again. Those annual Dez catch threads every offseason were tiring.

Motorola

Reaction score
He holds numerous Cowboys team records including touchdown passes, passing yards, and most games with at least 300 passing yards. Romo has career stats of 2,829 completions, 248 touchdowns, 34,183 total passing yards and a 97.1 quarterback rating.
With a couple of more seasons like last year, Prescott will surpass Romo in many of those records.
Completions - trails by only 234
Passing yards - only 5,724 behind
Passing touchdowns - needs only 46 to tie
300-yard passing games - Romo 46, Prescott 26

Quarterback Rating - Prescott currently is at 99.0
Completion pct. - Romo 65.3, Prescott currently is at 67.0
Interception pct. - Romo 2.7, Prescott 1.9
400-yard passing games - Romo 5, Prescott 10
Passing yards/game - Romo 219.1, Prescott 258.4

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Under thrown ball?
Yeah. I think I got that clip saved on my IMGUR account in case in needs to be re-posted. That was a deep pass, thrown on the sideline, on the money. Even the Green Bay defender essentially said only Bryant could make a play on the ball.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With a couple of more seasons like last year, Prescott will surpass Romo in many of those records.
Completions - trails by only 234
Passing yards - only 5,724 behind
Passing touchdowns - needs only 46 to tie
300-yard passing games - Romo 46, Prescott 26

Quarterback Rating - Prescott currently is at 99.0
Completion pct. - Romo 65.3, Prescott currently is at 67.0
Interception pct. - Romo 2.7, Prescott 1.9
400-yard passing games - Romo 5, Prescott 10
Passing yards/game - Romo 219.1, Prescott 258.4
All the records eventually get exceeded. Does any Romo records make Aikman or Roger a bad QB? Of course not don't be ridiculous.

If we dove deep we can count up 1st round picks for both QB's...see who they had to work with.

But I honestly don't even care about this silly competition. I can appreciate both of their accomplishments.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I don’t want to get that started again. Those annual Dez catch threads every offseason were tiring.
Next January is 10 years, buddy. There will certainly be an article on it. Get ready! I will be.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Next January is 10 years, buddy. There will certainly be an article on it. Get ready! I will be.
Many here will be shedding a lot of tears over it especially if we’re sitting home for the playoffs.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
LOL..... Dak is 100% "me first". How much more proof do you need?
I hope the media won't hound him anymore. He's innocent until proven otherwise, so keep hiding dak. *thumps chest, kisses fingers, and points to the closet*
dak-prescott-in-closet.jpg

Motorola

Reaction score
All the records eventually get exceeded. Does any Romo records make Aikman or Roger a bad QB? Of course not don't be ridiculous.

If we dove deep we can count up 1st round picks for both QB's...see who they had to work with.

But I honestly don't even care about this silly competition. I can appreciate both of their accomplishments.
Your comment was entirety about Romo owning most of the team passing records - and nothing else.
I just responded that it soon won't be the case.
It seems you're the one being ridiculous- responded back that the records now don't matter, plus adding that weird 'Aikman or Roger a bad QB?' comment.

"Irv88' created a thread to show his admiration of Romo's style of play when he played for Dallas, and posted a few highlights that reflected that.
But like all the other previous threads about the former quarterback, it straight away becomes a "bash and trash Tony" fest for some CZers. Then right on cue, other members bring up the current quarterback, and join in with a "wallop and whack Dak" jubilee.
And then the mocking crews jumps in with their same old taunts to ensure the thread runs amok for about two-to- three hundred replies over a few days until one of the moderators shut it down.
I too appreciate the football careers of No.9 and No.4. One can express regret their efforts-- along with other players who were their teammates - didn’t result in a championship.
Many other oustanding Cowboys fell short also...but hardly any of them get railed on as consistently as these two.

Last edited:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Yeah. I think I got that clip saved on my IMGUR account in case in needs to be re-posted. That was a deep pass, thrown on the sideline, on the money. Even the Green Bay defender essentially said only Bryant could make a play on the ball.
Yes, it was designed to be underthrown so Dez could go up and get it. I have a clip of them doing it in preseason that year. One of the most perfectly thrown balls Romo ever threw. Can't blame him for that one.

Dez_vs._Packers.gif

Dez_vs._Ravens.gif

1942willys

Reaction score
Yes, it was designed to be underthrown so Dez could go up and get it. I have a clip of them doing it in preseason that year. One of the most perfectly thrown balls Romo ever threw. Can't blame him for that one.

Dez_vs._Packers.gif

Dez_vs._Ravens.gif
That was on the NFL for that moronic catch rule that should never have been changed in the first place

Nexx

Reaction score
so much fun to watch. top three in career QB rating. If they play him in 2016, I think at worst they are in the NFC Championship game.