Tony Romo Appreciation Thread

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, it was designed to be underthrown so Dez could go up and get it. I have a clip of them doing it in preseason that year. One of the most perfectly thrown balls Romo ever threw. Can't blame him for that one.

Dez_vs._Packers.gif

Dez_vs._Ravens.gif
Thanks for posting. I would not describe the Packers game pass as underthrown in any way. To me, underthrown forces the wide receiver to signifcantly slow or stop his route, change his route or both, in order to make the catch. Heck, I am having a hard time doing the same for the Baltimore pass, lol. Bryant adjusts his feet to elevate for both passes but neither slow his route enough to take him completely out of stride, have him moving parallel to the goal line to intercept the pass, etc. Just my opinion.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I would not describe the Packers game pass as underthrown in any way. To me, underthrown forces the wide receiver to signifcantly slow or stop his route, change his route or both, in order to make the catch. Heck, I am having a hard time doing the same for the Baltimore pass, lol. Bryant adjusts his feet to elevate for both passes but neither slow his route enough to take him completely out of stride, have him moving parallel to the goal line to intercept the pass, etc. Just my opinion.
Much more apparent in the Baltimore clip I agree but for Dez to pivot from straight ahead to facing away from the sideline can't help but slow him down so it's not thrown through his straightline speed which would have been underthrown (but also broken up without a leap). The leap (designed) was necessary in Green Bay because Shields had better coverage and actually got a finger on the ball. Continuing straight ahead he'd have had a chance to pick that off if not touched by Dez.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go ahead and watch the end of the Washington game. You really hate that LO. L.
So the "underthrown" ball to Dez with Dez having a stroke trying to put the ball in the endzone. ...and the Washington game. That's what you got.

You have to be pulling my leg now....you can't be serious.

You have noshame I tell ya.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It most certainly WAS NOT "underthrown"

I;d like these yahoos to sit down in the film room and do Dak.

plasticman

Reaction score
When the signature plays and games take place in the regular season then that player is not a Hall of Famer.

The games that make history happen in the postseason.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
so much fun to watch. top three in career QB rating. If they play him in 2016, I think at worst they are in the NFC Championship game.
I dont know how anyone can dispute this.

“He wouldnt have lasted” - ok and? Dak wouldve just came in just like he did when he was injured in the preseason

“How can you say that when he had 9 years prior to do it???” - The same Dak fans that still believe he can win a championship here despite not doing it his first 8 years.

To your point, we needed the vet in that game against the packers. On the last drive when we had the ball (score was 28-31) It was 1st & 10 on the 41 yd line with 48 seconds left and 1 timeout. GB defense is clearly on their heels as we got a bunch of chunk plays prior. Dak inexplicably spikes the ball. In that scenario you want to 1. Score a Td and or 2. Not allow Gb to get the ball back (tie it w a fg and go to OT). After he spikes it, on 2nd and 10 he throws and out to Beasley for 7 yds and he goes out of bounds. On 3rd and 3, the ball is batted down.

Without spiking that ball and either calling the timeout or letting the clock run, we wouldve had an extra down to get the first or kick the fg with less time for Rodgers to get them in fg range.

Romo at that point in his career was great w situational awareness and wouldve never spiked that ball. It was a Huge mistake that gets overlooked in that game.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I will say something positive about Tony and the playoffs. We lost the last playoff game before it even started. Just looking at Dak you could see the dear in the headlights already. That was after GB scored the first TD. I never saw that with Tony even after he threw interceptions.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This guy...sheesh.

He gave up his body for The Dallas Cowboys. He played QUARTERBACK with a busted collar bone. Busted ribs and put a flak jacket on and went back out. Totally over-achieved in every way possible...a WALK ON NFL QB who played as well as any pedigreed QB in his day...among several HoF worthy QBS.

And you hate him because he liked golf in his spare time..

DDS is a seriously debilitating condition, Tad.
Your bf loves Dak.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Is it a team game or not?

Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin...win nothing without Jimmy, moose, HUGE OL and good defense.

Roger wins nothing without Doomsday, TD or Henderson.

Come on bro...don't play games. Totally unbecoming.
Guess you got a point.

Suppose that’s why there is a Team of Fame as oppose to a HOF.

Brady is considered the GOAT because of his teammates ,not the number of Super Bowls he won.

You know very well QB’s are judged by wins, don’t play dump to defend Romo.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I dont know how anyone can dispute this.

“He wouldnt have lasted” - ok and? Dak wouldve just came in just like he did when he was injured in the preseason

“How can you say that when he had 9 years prior to do it???” - The same Dak fans that still believe he can win a championship here despite not doing it his first 8 years.

To your point, we needed the vet in that game against the packers. On the last drive when we had the ball (score was 28-31) It was 1st & 10 on the 41 yd line with 48 seconds left and 1 timeout. GB defense is clearly on their heels as we got a bunch of chunk plays prior. Dak inexplicably spikes the ball. In that scenario you want to 1. Score a Td and or 2. Not allow Gb to get the ball back (tie it w a fg and go to OT). After he spikes it, on 2nd and 10 he throws and out to Beasley for 7 yds and he goes out of bounds. On 3rd and 3, the ball is batted down.

Without spiking that ball and either calling the timeout or letting the clock run, we wouldve had an extra down to get the first or kick the fg with less time for Rodgers to get them in fg range.

Romo at that point in his career was great w situational awareness and wouldve never spiked that ball. It was a Huge mistake that gets overlooked in that game.
People forget he balled out in the 2014 playoffs. Came back and led a late drive to beat the Lions and was robbed in Lambeau. That was no Chokemo. He was top tier dissecting the field at that point.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guess you got a point.

Suppose that’s why there is a Team of Fame as oppose to a HOF.

Brady is considered the GOAT because of his teammates ,not the number of Super Bowls he won.

You know very well QB’s are judged by wins, don’t play dump to defend Romo.
But of course individual players get assessed. Wins and losses are but one aspect.

I think my point, which I unfairly took it out on you, is that a lot of people seem to go back and forth on it as needed for their agenda, and that even great players need other players around them.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
But of course individual players get assessed. Wins and losses are but one aspect.

I think my point, which I unfairly took it out on you, is that a lot of people seem to go back and forth on it as needed for their agenda, and that even great players need other players around them.
Ok, fair enough.

I can get onboard with that.