Tony Romo documentary coming

Donut

Reaction score
O14io7p.jpg

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No they only consider stats. Unless of course you are talking about the last 8 games of the 2017 season. Then they will drum up all kinds of excuses
Fans use stats or facts to support their narrative. Many of them feel Dak is being attacked and on the defensive.

They were ready to move on from Romo regardless if he might have been a better option assuming he was healthy enough to go . All because of the lack of more success Romo hadn’t enjoyed.

I think if Romo had more history of success in the playoffs the decision and the argument to put him back in would have much more validity. Sometimes despite the facts and evidence without that history aren’t enough to sway.

I admit initially I was all in on Dak until the last few games where our passing game struggled. And I thought initially Jerry was going to screw it up by bringing Romo back too soon.

But how the better defenses were stacking the box presented more challenges in those remaining games and how impressive Romo looked begin to question our decision.

I would have brought Romo back before the playoffs to see if he was as sharp as his brief appearance and see if he could take a hit. But I think that’s where Jerry’s influence negatively influences our football operations as we can never really trust it’s always about what’s best for football operations.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Maybe you forgot that you posted Dak made Dez look horrible.
I think we might can agree Dak didn’t really make any of our recievers look as good as Romo did?

Dez has some obvious flaws in his game but isn’t it a fair argument his skills weren’t as good of match for Dak as they were Romo?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think we might can agree Dak didn’t really make any of our recievers look as good as Romo did?

Dez has some obvious flaws in his game but isn’t it a fair argument his skills weren’t as good of match for Dak as they were Romo?
I'm not talking about Romo. I'm specifically talking about how bad Dez played. More specifically in the Seattle game.
It's not even debatable really.
That DOESN'T mean Dak is perfect! Or that it excuses any of Dak's mistakes. Simply put, Dez didn't do anyone any favors.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I am not a Dez hater. I didn't want him to leave but Dez wasn't all that great last year and his antics in that Seattle game was disgusting.
No doubt Dez skills weren’t being utilized fully with Daks skill level. Instead Dez weaknesses rose more to the top. And considering Dez cost to payroll difficult to warrant.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm not talking about Romo. I'm specifically talking about how bad Dez played. More specifically in the Seattle game.
That DOESN'T mean Dak is perfect! Or that it excuses any of Dak's mistakes. Simply put, Dez didn't do anyone any favors.
What I’m saying is it goes both ways.

Dez weaknesses in his game were more exposed with Daks skill level.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What I’m saying is it goes both ways.

Dez weaknesses in his game were more exposed with Daks skill level.
Could be, but I think he passed his physical prime. Maybe from too many injuries. Then I think the mental shortcomings kicked it. He wasn't able to shake off frustration.
Romo did make WRs better, like Robinson. I don't know that is the case with Bryant.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Could be, but I think he passed his physical prime. Maybe from too many injuries. Then I think the mental shortcomings kicked it. He wasn't able to shake off frustration.
Romo did make WRs better, like Robinson. I don't know that is the case with Bryant.
Dez was always over rated. Never ran good routes or had enough seperation. Couldn’t beat double teams like all the greats.

He had a raw freakish talent level but was such an idiot almost uncoachable.. If not for Romo optimizing Dez skill sets he would have never been considered an elite WR or had the success he had.

The bigger concern is all of our recievers were not as effective or productive. That’s alarming evidence in itself. I understand there were contributing factors last year but there is a growing concern some of this could be on Dak.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dez was always over rated. Never ran good routes or had enough seperation.

He had a raw freakish talent level but was such an idiot almost uncoachable.. If not for Romo optimizing Dez skill sets hecwoukd have never been considered an elite WR.

The bigger concern is all of our recievers were not as effective or productive. That’s alarming evidence in itself. I understand there were contributing factors last year but there is a growing concern some of this could be on Dak.
I see your point about all our WRs doing worse, but I think it's exaggerated a bit.
Dak threw and ran the same amount of TDs. Where he struggled at was throwing more INTs and rating, which are typically symptoms of more passing attempts. He only threw for 20 yards less per game than in 2016.
So I subscribe that the entire offense struggled. No player was great all season long. Of course injuries and suspensions are going to take their toll especially when we were lacking in the depth department. You could argue that the distractions player a role as well, including "All or nothing."

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Fair argument!

And it also is a fair argument how much Dak is doing any favors to our recieving Corp.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
For anyone who may not have noticed as yet, Romo's documentary will be entitled "Now or Never." For any of us who might be interested, I would imagine it could very well be a worthwhile documentary to be shown on The NFL Network at some point in the future. I intend to be watching for it and if you're a Romo fan like I am, you might possbly be keeping an eye out for it, as well. Just a heads up . . . ;)

Last edited:

Blackspider214

Reaction score
To be fair, the Team has not gotten over the divisional round since 1996...

What does that have to do with Romo's own failures while here? The excuses this guy gets is really amazing to watch. While the current QB we have gets trashed every day.

Romo wasn't a winner. No one in that era was. Yet we revere them like they are something magical.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
What does that have to do with Romo's own failures while here? The excuses this guy gets is really amazing to watch. While the current QB we have gets trashed every day.

Romo wasn't a winner. No one in that era was. Yet we revere them like they are something magical.

Well, if anyone really thinks he's something magical, I'd simply tell them that he was a good QB but merely a human one at that. I felt he did reasonably well considering the kind of support he got from the Dallas FO for most of his career. It's no piece of cake trying to make a poorly run team a winner.

If you think he wasn't a winner, how would you explain his winning seasons during his time with Dallas? The fact that his winning was pretty much limited to the regular season isn't that unusual for a team with limited talent. Unfortunately, this was a sad fact during his tenure, despite an abundance of those claiming the opposite in the minds of many highly devoted Cowboys fans.

Last edited:

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score

What does it have to do with Romo? The fact that we haven’t had success in 23 years and Romo was only around for 8-9 would tell you the lack of success wasn’t due to one individual no?

Romo wasn’t a “winner” by definition because he doesn’t have a championship. But the lack of a championship wasn’t due to Romo’s inability as a QB so I really fail to see why you even quoted me and then had the nerve to bring Dak into the equation.

Sensitive much?

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
Well, if anyone really thinks he's something magical, I'd simply tell them that he was a good QB but merely a human one at that. I felt he did reasonably well considering the kind of support he got from the Dallas FO for most of his career. It's no piece of cake trying to make a poorly run team a winner.

If you think he wasn't a winner, how would you explain his winning seasons during his time with Dallas? The fact that his winning was pretty much limited to the regular season isn't that unusual for a team with limited talent. Unfortunately, this was a sad fact during his tenure, despite an abundance of those claiming the opposite in the minds of many highly devoted Cowboys fans.

I remember when Romo went out in 2014 after the Skins game and everyone thought we’d “be fine.”

I never seen a fan base do a complete 180 so fast.

The moment we lost to arizona Romo was preparing to fly to England to play Jacksonville although he was going to originally return after the bye week.