Tony Romo for HOF

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Other than Dan Marino who didn't win a SB or Dan Fouts, most others won one. How does his numbers stack up against those two?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Dude it’s cut off and doesn’t show the replay. I remember a play where the ball bounced off Fasano’s chest. There was another play in that game.
Feel free to find it and let me know where it is. But, I can assure you it was not a TD pass.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Do fans here think Phillip Rivers should be in the HOF? Similar situation as Romo - no Super Bowl, although a little more post season games and wins, but considerably more career yards and TDs. Romo has the higher career QB rating.
Also hasn't missed a single game in 12 seasons and counting.

Techsass

Reaction score
I was a big Romo fan. Some blame him for the 8-8 seasons, but I give him credit for us getting to 8-8. Basically our team was never great while he was here & it still isn't - quite. Romo was always the best player on the offense.

He was a real gunslinger & fun to watch, but that very quality bit him in the butt a lot of times. The thing I always liked about him was that he made the guys around him better than they really were. TO was great on his own, but I wouldn't put any of the other WRs in that class.

I'd love to see him make the HOF, if only to tick off NY, Philly & Washington. Just don't see it happening.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
In 8 almost-full seasons, Romo had 10 losses where we scored 30 or more and another 4 where we scored 27 or more.....and Dak has 3 so far...which is 3 too many.
Not sure what Dak has to do with this conversation though. But I agree, he too has played well in a few losses.
I obviously wasn't totally serious. We know 2010-2013 were some of the worst defenses. That's why 2006-2007 hurt so bad. Romo had a great line pro bowlers all over the place. Hell we had like 4 hall of famers on those teams. Couldn't get it done. Either our gm and coaching is so bad or he just wasn't good enough.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Also hasn't missed a single game in 12 seasons and counting.
This is another reason why Romo will never make it. He just wasn't dependable and he was always hurting. Even if he didn't miss games he held this team hostage with his frail body. Parcells used to tell him that too. It's nice not having to hear about your qb coming off offseason surgery every off season.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This is another reason why Romo will never make it. He just wasn't dependable and he was always hurting. Even if he didn't miss games he held this team hostage with his frail body. Parcells used to tell him that too. It's nice not having to hear about your qb coming off offseason surgery every off season.
Yup, games missed from injury is on my list.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
It might have been inside the 5 with no one around.
We had 3 scorIng drives. 2 touchdowns and 1 FG. You just saw the incomplete pass to him on the FG drive. It did not occur on the 2 TD drives either. The other drives we didn’t get close to scoring a TD for him to drop a ball near the 5.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, Rivers should not be in.

I don’t necessarily disagree. My point in asking was I was curious if people think Rivers doesn’t belong but Romo does. I suspect some might, but to me if someone believes Rivers doesn’t belong it would be hard to justify thinking Romo does.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don’t necessarily disagree. My point in asking was I was curious if people think Rivers doesn’t belong but Romo does. I suspect some might, but to me if someone believes Rivers doesn’t belong it would be hard to justify thinking Romo does.
It would be impossible to justify IMO

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Other than Dan Marino who didn't win a SB or Dan Fouts, most others won one. How does his numbers stack up against those two?

Romo’s stats are comparable or better than Fouts, but the standards were much different 30+ years ago. QBs of that day didnt put up any better numbers than Fouts did, and when Fouts retired his career stats were among the best of all time.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Romo’s stats are comparable or better than Fouts, but the standards were much different 30+ years ago. QBs of that day didnt put up any better numbers than Fouts did, and when Fouts retired his career stats were among the best of all time.
Fouts and Romo were great passers... both of them finished in the Top 10 in passer rating a whopping 8 times. Fouts was not really any better (or worse) than Romo, but one has to admit he did revolutionize football. He was really the first high volume passer, the first guy to average 300 yards per game for a season. The whole Air Coryell thing was quite groundbreaking and he was a big part of it.
Fouts was enshrined 25 years ago... make no mistake he would be in the same boat as Rivers and Romo today. He only played 7 playoff games and played considerably worse than both Rivers and Romo did in the playoffs. He actually has two five-interception playoff games, which is quite bad even for the interception happy era he played in.