Tony Romo is headed to the Super Bowl

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Tony Romo is headed to the Super Bowl, as the lead commentator for CBS.

I had to make that joke, but boy is Romo a great announcer or what? I don't think there is anybody better than him. He can see every play before it happens. If he had more natural physical talent (and a coach who isn't renowned for his clapping affinity), he could've easily gone down as the GOAT.

Either way - I am genuinely excited to watch Romo call this game and show the entire football world how great of a mind he has for the game.

Staubacher

Reaction score

I had to make that joke, but boy is Romo a great announcer or what? I don't think there is anybody better than him. He can see every play before it happens. If he had more natural physical talent (and a coach who isn't renowned for his clapping affinity), he could've easily gone down as the GOAT.

Either way - I am genuinely excited to watch Romo call this game and show the entire football world how great of a mind he has for the game.
He's blowing up on Twitter.. getting high praise from all corners.
He had the physical talent. He also had Jason Garrett and injuries

DFWJC

Reaction score
Funny comments on Twitter

Bryce Harper says “Confirmed:Just called Tony Romo to see where I’m playing next year”
#YoureaWizarTony

Ryan Brown: “If @tonyromo ever tells you its your last day on earth. You better get youre affairs in order”

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Good,he’s sly with throwing in witty little sarcasisms and humorous observations. Doesn’t have a strong audio personality voice,but he’s intresting to listen to,and I enjoy his pre snap reads,and breakdowns of things,in a very simple ordinary guy manner. Doesn’t need to pull up monitors and diagrams to just tell you ...”Well Jim,they only had two options there,and passing to the left wasn’t one of them.”

DFWJC

Reaction score
Good,he’s sly with throwing in witty little sarcasisms and humorous observations. Doesn’t have a strong audio personality voice,but he’s intresting to listen to,and I enjoy his pre snap reads,and breakdowns of things,in a very simple ordinary guy manner. Doesn’t need to pull up monitors and diagrams to just tell you ...”Well Jim,they only had two options there,and passing to the left wasn’t one of them.”
Dude was calling plays allnight before they happened.

“If the saftey comes down they go to Gronk”
boom
“Gronk will chip and theyll over the middle to Edleman”
Boom
“Rams expect a sneak but theyll run right”
Boom
Etc
Etc
Etc

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

I agree with you. Romo is one of the best announcers ever.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Dude was calling plays allnight before they happened.

“If the saftey comes down they go to Gronk”
boom
“Gronk will chip and theyll over the middle to Edleman”
Boom
“Rams expect a sneak but theyll run right”
Boom
Etc
Etc
Etc
How did you get i said he wasn’t?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Funny comments on Twitter

Bryce Harper says “Confirmed:Just called Tony Romo to see where I’m playing next year”
#YoureaWizarTony

Ryan Brown: “If @tonyromo ever tells you its your last day on earth. You better get youre affairs in order”

Only jones and Garrett could screw up 10 years of Romo.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I'm sure he'll get over it shortly after the game starts, his career in Dallas was snake-bitten and I'm sure he knew that in 2016.
Ha,,,snake bit? Now,friend!
you've hereby masterfully confused me in the decipheration of the intended implied intent of yer' post :huh:

* "DALLAS" was the entirety of his UDFA NFL CAREER & HE would be euphoric to still be playing/sportin' the #9, as he was on the " brink of the edge" in being the premier dominator of ON-FIELD attack style QUARTER- BACKS,& fortunately for the rest of the league, btw,,, as his
" visioned" pre play readings merely illustrate his never as yet unleashed upon the league to his ever evolving footballish SUPER POWERS of TONY ROMO'S #9 capabilitieso_O

Batman1980

Reaction score
Ha,,,snake bit? Now,friend!
you've hereby masterfully confused me in the decipheration of the intended implied intent of yer' post :huh:

* "DALLAS" was the entirety of his UDFA NFL CAREER & HE would be euphoric to still be playing/sportin' the #9, as he was on the " brink of the edge" in being the premier dominator of ON-FIELD attack style QUARTER- BACKS,& fortunately for the rest of the league, btw,,, as his
" visioned" pre play readings merely illustrate his never as yet unleashed upon the league to his ever evolving footballish SUPER POWERS of TONY ROMO'S #9 capabilitieso_O

Well tbh Romo was a warrior and a cerebral QB but terrible offensive lines and subpar defenses hamstrung his career in Dallas. The slicked up K-ball in Seattle was just the beginning of his bad luck here.